PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine...input please...

5fromabove
01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
We are looking at trying H&V with a party of 18 of us. Most of us have done Mama Melrose's before and we were thinking of trying something new for the Fantasmic package. We've made the mistake of NOT doing the package before the ended up not getting a seat for the show. Standing in line for over an hour with 9 kids doesn't sound overly appealing to us ;)

SO...could anyone give us some input on Hollywood and Vine? Good, bad, tolerable, waste of money? etc.

THANKS so much :)

mrmcgiv
01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
We went in 5/07, it was OK. Standard buffet food. It was kind of bright and loud, atmosphere very cafeteria like and not so great, but food was decent. We met a nice guy/employee there from our area. I probably would not rush back again, but I would not say I would never go. Iporably owul dnot pay, I would just go on the DDP though.

deedeenmickey
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
My family loves Hollywood and Vine. It is now playhouse Disney (Jo Jo's circus). We use to go every trip when it was Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Chip and Dale. My children are teenagers and do not like Play House Disney but we have went back twice just for the food and atmosphere. We really like the food.If your children are younger I would definately give it a try.

DizneyRox
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
One word: :ack:

brian2000boston
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I dont remember any characters there but maybe that is new? Food was gross, not going back...save your money and run. Was one of the worst meals in Disney, weird how every items tasted the same, reminded me of frozen food, blech

Natazu
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Hollywood and Vine is just your average run of the mill buffet. There's nothing special about it for dinner. At least lunch has Davey and Goliath or whoever.

How about Brown Derby?

jensantuit
01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
We (family of four) did the Fantasmic Package at H&V in September 2008. We were on the free dining plan so there was no out of pocket expense for us. I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the food selection, but my husband didn't mind the food. Would we eat here again, probably just as the Fantasmic Package, I think the added bonus of being able to walk in and having the reserved section was worth it. I don't see us paying out of pocket for just the dinner there. Hope this helps.

vorpalswrd
01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
We ate there in 2003. we were the only ones there, I don't mean like barely, I mean we were the ONLY ones there. So I can't speak for the atmosphere 'cause, Hey! There's ONLY people I like here, lol. But we all found the food to be standard buffet fare and I would go back this December if they hadn't added characters ( one's I don't care for at that :( )

disneydeb
01-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Did not like it one bit. I liked Mama Melrose better.

JenniferS.
01-10-2009, 08:33 AM
We only like it for breakfast. Can't go wrong w/ breakfast food with Playhouse Disney. I don't remember having the characters at dinner though. We would never eat there for dinner, food was not that great.

Maleficent_vf
01-10-2009, 02:34 PM
We've gone to H&V as part of the Fantasmic dining package a number of times and have always enjoyed it. It is cafeteria like, but that is the theme, so no surprise. We've had pleasant servers and always tried to get one of the first seatings for diner.

Soul_Power
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
One word: :ack:

Haha unfortunately this sums it up for me as well. The food was definitely nothing to remember. Don't get me wrong, I think the Fantasmic Dinner Package is a great idea, but we will definitely be trying another restaurant the next time around!

baileykelly
01-10-2009, 04:29 PM
i would think hollywood and vine is probably the best option for 18 people using the fantasmic dinner package. it's easy and everyone will find something they like. i've been there three times and have never had any bad food or bad experiences. i was just there with my brother in november we both ate so much from the buffet we didn't even look at the dessert table.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-10-2009, 04:46 PM
We went there just after New Years 2007 and thought it was OK.
Last June we were there with a group of my in-laws and it was total dreck. :ack:
We felt embarrassed for dragging everyone there. :blush:

NEVER AGAIN :mad:

Hull-onian
01-11-2009, 11:44 AM
QUOTE=DizneyRox;1808565]One word: :ack:[/QUOTE]

:ditto::ack:

andreallybadeggs
01-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Always amazes me the diversity of opinions re. EVERY Disney restaurant. Our family also chose H&V for the Fantasmic pkg. We would not put it on our must-do list but we've been 3 times and every time thought it was fine. Since we were paying OOP we appreciated the reasonable price and the early entry to Fantasmic. Also, everyone in our group was always able to find at least a few dishes that they liked so we consider it a decent value. Once we went to WDW with some VERY picky eaters and H&V was their favorite meal. Maybe we've just lucked out but we've always found it to be a decent meal for a comparatively reasonable price.

pixiesmimi
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
We have eaten there three times with the Fantasmic Package. We enjoyed the food each time and twice had a large group including small children. We haven't been when they had the characters. My DH thinks the dining part of the trip is the most important part :) and he enjoys eating there so it can't be too bad because if it was, believe me, I would hear about it. :D

jszczur5
01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
We went in September/07. The kids and I really enjoyed. Hubby said it was just okay. No characters of course, but the food is way better than Chef Mickey's. We went to Boma in '08 this year instead of H&V, and I thought H&V was at least as good, more convenient to get to, and had way better service.