PDA

View Full Version : Did you wait?

csdavis
01-09-2009, 04:33 PM
The CM for Soaring said that on NYE the wait time was 5 hours. Did any of you wait? Just wondering. Thats a long time!:crowd:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
What is NYE?

csdavis
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Sorry! New Years Eve!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh we left New Years Eve...I know it was 2 hour waits for Soarin when we were there Christmas...we rode first thing in the morning so we didn't wait...we decided we wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for any ride and we didn't

mermaidmarian
01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh my gosh! I could not imagine it. I wouldn't wait more than 35 minutes for Soarin'. If I spent 5 valuable Disney vacation hours in that queue, well...let's just say I would not be a happy Mouseketeer.

DisneyGlutton
01-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I can't believe such a thing would be true. There would be riots practically, lol. Where would the line even go?? If Soarin' was 5 hours, Living with the Land must've had a line for once too, lol. No ride on Earth is worth more than a 45 min wait IMHO.

DlandMommy
01-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I was at D-land last night and thought 15 minuted was too long:DSince ive heard its the exact same ride at WDW i think ill skip it:thumbsup:

csdavis
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I can't believe such a thing would be true. There would be riots practically, lol. Where would the line even go?? If Soarin' was 5 hours, Living with the Land must've had a line for once too, lol. No ride on Earth is worth more than a 45 min wait IMHO.

I was wondering where the line went. That's why I asked. He said he worked a 6 hour shift so most of the people were there the whole time. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride but so not worth it 5 hours. Was anyone there that day? We went on the 2nd and first thing in the a.m. and the line was 30 before the ride was running. The fast pass lines were backed out of the Soarin area.

Ian
01-09-2009, 07:53 PM
If they handed me a solid gold bar at the end signed by Patrick Warburton himself, I wouldn't wait 5 hours for Soarin'!

There is not a theme park attraction on Earth for which I would wait five hours. In fact, outside of the birth of my children, I'm not sure there's anything for which I would wait 5 hours!

JPL
01-09-2009, 07:54 PM
If I ever wait 5 hours for Soarin they better find a way to fly me to all those places in person.

princessgirls
01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
5 HOURS... THAT'S CRAZY! It's a good attraction and all, but 5 hours. Maybe if there were some CM handing out :marg:I would wait 5 hours!

Reasons to NOT go to the World between Christmas and New Years.

I thought NYC was crowded...

Julie:mickey:

PirateLover
01-11-2009, 12:58 PM
If they handed me a solid gold bar at the end signed by Patrick Warburton himself, I wouldn't wait 5 hours for Soarin'!

Hmm I dunno. At chance at ownership of a gold bar in this economy, and an autograph from Puddy to boot? Tempting. ;)

alilprincessmom99
01-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Wow! That is all I can say! I wasn't there, but I surely would not have been in that line. Wasting 5 prime WDW hours standing in line for an attraction of any sort, NO WAY! I suppose the longest I would wait in line is about 30 minutes for ANY attraction.

DizneyRox
01-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Really, only 5 hours?

During the summer season, it's not uncommon for the waits to be in the 180 minute range. When it first opening, I remember seeing it at 240 if I recall correctly.

I would never wait that long, but I have waited two hours for other attractions. TT doesn't really count as much of the wait includes breakdowns, etc.

Speedy1998
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Personnally, I have stood in a two hour line at Disny one time. In this instance there really was no where else to go. I was in the next group to load the elevator on Tower of Terror, when a thunderstorm rolled in. So I had waited for about 30 minutes to ride TT, then I had to wait another 1.5 hours for the storm to roll through and the ride to get the all clear to start up again. But seeing as it was pouring rain outside, I really did not have anything better to do in the Disney parks that day.

If I see a wait time of more than 1 hour I never get in the line.

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2009, 02:39 PM
When we visited Epcot the day after Thanksgiving in 2007 we saw the time listed for Soarin was over 240 minutes, that's over 4 hours. We got fast passes first thing when we entered the park and only had to wait in line for about 10 minutes. There is no way I'd waste that much time anywhere standing in a line, especially in a place where there's so much more to do and see.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Way back in the days before Fastpasses and when it was just MK & EPCOT my wife and I stood in 3 hrs lines between Christmas and New Years.

But 5 hours for Snoarin???? :ack:

If you see me in line that long for THAT attraction, call an undertaker because it will definitely mean that I am DEAD.

mainemajor
01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
just got back and last weekend the wait was as much as 3 hours and yes people were waiting in line. not me, i know it would be better during the week. it was used fast pass twice and used stand by once - 20 minute wait.

jakeybake
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't wait that long for anything. That is obscene. And to be perfectly honest I just don't get the long waits for Soarin in general. It's a decent ride but is it that much better than Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space?

Also they have some upkeep to do on it because there are black lines and blank spots all over the screen. Certainly takes away from the overall experience.

Jay

Seasonscraps
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Five hours! You could fly to California in five hours!!

disneydeb
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
WAy back when I can remember standing in line for Space Mountain for a bit over an hour.

That was before fast pass and Space Mountain was a baby.

Tinkerfreak
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't wait that long for anything. That is obscene. And to be perfectly honest I just don't get the long waits for Soarin in general. It's a decent ride but is it that much better than Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space?

Also they have some upkeep to do on it because there are black lines and blank spots all over the screen. Certainly takes away from the overall experience.

Jay

We really noticed the spots on the screen when we went in November. You are right it does take away from the experience a little bit. Maybe people riding it for the first time don't notice it as much but after riding it when it was new you notice the wear and tear more.

ToraTory
01-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Me personally I would not wait that long for any attraction but, I was fortunate enough to visit 3 times last year and twice the year before. Consider the folks who can only visit maybe once every five years. And suppose this was their only chance to ride soarin, they probably would stand in line.

My dd is a cast member at rock and roller coaster in DHS and she reported lines of at least 180 minutes on NYE. To make matters worse, the attraction had to be evacuated twice. Only folks who made it to the lobby received a fast pass to get back in. My dd was literally terrified as peoples' reaction in line was deplorable. Granted I (and she) can understand why they were so angry but she witnessed acts of aggression and violence and that is never acceptable.

I try to convince folks that NYE is not the time to visit WDW if you cannot go again during a more "normal" time. -- tory

VWL Mom
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
If you see me in line that long for THAT attraction, call an undertaker because it will definitely mean that I am DEAD.:funny:

#1donaldfan
01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
oh yeah it's true....we were at MK that night and heard it.....you know, I would normally say heck no to a long wait, but that night, and only that night....while waiting for midnight, busy as busy can be, no room to hardly shuffle your feet in one direction...why not wait in a line for a ride.....it's the same as pulling up a piece of sidewalk and waiting for the "ball" to drop, right ?????? just this night only....why not ?? we were in MK all day from opening to the fireworks.....we rode a lot till about 10 am then it just became a virtual stand still.....we had a late lunch at LTT, and believe me, we milked those seats.......the remainder of the day / evening / night, I swear I just don't remember.....it was so crowded, so busy, so long......don't get me wrong....I love Disney as much as the next guy, but that night from about 9 pm on, I was miseralbe........sorry to ramble.....:thumbsup:

4ubie1
01-12-2009, 12:48 PM
30 minutes is tops for me in wait time and that is for one of my faves! If the wait time is anything over that, I just :walk: on by and remember to try and hit it up later in the trip or save it for next time. I would not waste 5 precious WDW hours standing in line for ONE attraction. :nono:

LovinWDW
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Since the invent of fast pass I never wait more than 20 or 30 mins for a ride. Gotta love FP!

mouseketeer mom
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Thats just plain nuts. I almost can't believe someone would get in a line that long.

Tbelle1976
01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow, I delivered my son in less than 5 hours!:blush:

CaptSmee
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM
LOL! The responses to this thread is cracking me up! I personally would never wait that long. I would just hand out and people watch...I can't imagine being in the park when it's that crowded, yet then again i'm sure one day I will visit for a NYE at WDW! :party:

Daisy'sMom
01-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Wow, I delivered my son in less than 5 hours!:blush:

ROTFL!!!!!:number1:

Diznee4Me
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Hmm I dunno. At chance at ownership of a gold bar in this economy, and an autograph from Puddy to boot? Tempting. ;)

I was thinking the same thing - sell the gold bar and take anther WDW trip during a slower time of year!:D Puddy's autograph, might fetch five bucks - that's a Mickey Bar and some change! :laughing:

Grumpy's Daughter
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I know that the wait was at least 120 minutes when we were there the morning of the 29th. We got our FPs and ate lunch while waiting. We stood in line for Living with the Land for about 15 minutes, then it was time for our FPs. We did Baby Swap, so 3 people in our party did it twice in about 35 minutes....

pamickeys
01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't wait more than 60 min for the DW to get ready to go..... 5 hrs that's insane

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't even wait in line for 5 hours to meet Roy E.(Maybe Marty Sklar)
BTW-pamickeys My husband got so mad at me one time about getting ready that he told me he was going to go to the bus stop and wait for me. I finally made it down there and I couldn't find him. I called on his cell phone and he was on a bus headed for MGM.:thedolls:

texasteacher
03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Way back in the days before Fastpasses and when it was just MK & EPCOT my wife and I stood in 3 hrs lines between Christmas and New Years.

But 5 hours for Snoarin???? :ack:

If you see me in line that long for THAT attraction, call an undertaker because it will definitely mean that I am DEAD.

Before fast passes, I stood in line for Space Mountain for 2 hours but that is the longest line I have waited in.

brownie
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't wait that long. We were at Disneyland the week after Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage opened. The wait when the park opened was already over 3 hours, and we went right to the ride. We ended up waiting about 1.5 hours that evening, but there's no way I would have been in line for 4-5 hours for it (or any ride.)

joonyer
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
We've ridden Soarin' 4 times: Always used FP. We've never waited for any WDW attraction more than 60 minutes, and that was on our first family trip in 2002 (Splash Mountain) before we really knew how to utilize FP to our best advantage.
Now, if the standby wait for any attraction is more than 30-40 minutes and we can't get a FP, we'll just bypass that attraction and find something else to do.

brer frog
03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I think the most i've waited was 60 minutes. After that it's just too long to wait. with EMH there's time to come back and do the ride later.

Insanity Clause
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I have about a 30-45 min max limit on lines, I realize that I might miss out on a great ride but there are other great things to be doing other than waiting in line that long. Plus, I have 3 small kids that will be going with me I don't think they would get the point in standing in a line for half of their Disney day.

elmjimmlm
03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
We were there that week and even though we didn't go to Epcot on NYE, I would believe it...The times that we were at Epcot you could not even get in the building much less wait in line...
My advice is---Never go the week between Christmas and New Years...

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:04 PM
5 hrs no way unless could get a fast pass.:mickey::mickey:

disneykidsince1970
03-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I've been to WDW many, many times over Christmas/New Year's and spent NYE at Epcot several times. There's no question - you don't go for the rides during that time. You go to soak up the atmosphere. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to spend NYE at Epcot. We always have a blast!!
:woohoo:

Nikki:mickey:

Imagineer1981
03-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh my gosh! I could not imagine it. I wouldn't wait more than 35 minutes for Soarin'. If I spent 5 valuable Disney vacation hours in that queue, well...let's just say I would not be a happy Mouseketeer.

ha..I wouldn't wait 20 minutes for Soarin'

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I would not have waited! Even on NYE! There is so much more to do. Come back another day and FP it. That is INSANE!!