PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Upgrade Question

Babe the Blue Ox
01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Please help me out with a ticket question.

My employer is able to sell Disney tickets at very good discount for being an Innoventions Exibitor.

I recently purchase 5 discounted tickets. I wanted 5-day park hoppers, buth they only had 3 of these tickets available. So, I bought the three 5-day tickets and two 3-day tickets. I was told that I could upgrade the 3-day tickets in Orlando.

Here's the question: What will the upgrade fee be? Using round numbers, let's say that the regular price of a 3-day ticket is $260 and the regular price of a 5-day ticket is $270. Let's say I paid $180 with the discount.

Will my fee to upgrade the tickets be $10 or $90 or some other amount.

Thanks.

CleveRocks
01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Assuming your tickets are, in fact, upgradable ...

I realize how strange this sounds, but trust me, it's 100% accurate info.

Hold off on upgrading the tickets until you use them at least once. For some odd reason, once a ticket is used once, it is no longer considered to be a discounted ticket ... it's now looked at as if it were bought for full face value.

So after you use those 3-day tickets once, it'll cost you roughly $10 to add 2 days to each of them.

I'm just wondering about the chance that these are special promotional tickets that can't be upgraded. I'm hoping for your sake you're correct and they are, in fact, able to be upgraded.

And by the way, the info I supplied above I learned from a CM who currently works at a WDW ticket booth, so I completely trust it, and people (from another message board) who've followed his advice and instructions have NEVER come back and complained that his info wasn't perfect.

Babe the Blue Ox
01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the reply. As you have suggested, I will use these tickets once before presenting them for an upgrade.

I have confirmed through another source that if I attempt to upgrade these tickets before the first use, the upgrade fee will be $90 per ticket. After the first use, the upgrade fee will be $10.

I have also confirmed that the tickets are upgradeable and not promotional.

Thanks again.