PDA

View Full Version : tickets going up?

missalabama
01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I read on another site that tickets have gone up. A one day pass is now $79.

Anyone know for sure?

DDuck66
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I have not seen anything as to ticket prices...but I imagine that they will. I wonder if they will increase the amount of the giftcard if you go on your birthday and you already have annual passes??

Ian
01-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Gotta tell ya ... if they actually raise ticket prices while at the same time whining that they can't give away their hotel rooms, that shows a new depth of idiocy and ignorance that I haven't yet seen displayed by WDW management ...

WVParkfan
01-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree Ian. I can't believe they would raise ticket prices at a time when much of the public is reducing purchasing "luxury" items (like a trip to WDW).

Ian
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
It's almost too stupid to even contemplate ... they're giving away hotel rooms but raising ticket prices??

REALLY?? :confused:

Stich8818
01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I know I did read that Sea Wold did raise their prices. So it usually takes one of the parks down there to raise ticket prices then the others follow suit. I dont see them raising prices given the examples given..

missalabama
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
usually there is some type of announcement before this happens but I think maybe they are trying to slip this by and hoping noone will notice. I guess they are trying to make up for the buy 4 get 3 deal

Imagineer1981
01-09-2009, 01:35 PM
In theory, its a good strategy to entice people to buy multi day passes. By raising single day prices, people are more inclined to buy multi day passes or annual passesbecause it seems like such a better deal, and you then get that guest for multiple days spending money instead of one day. Sell the hotel rooms cheap, get the guest there, then get them to stay longer by making those multi day passes look much more attractive.

missalabama
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
the multi day tickets went up too.

GrumpyFan
01-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I just went to the Disney web-site to buy tickets and the price listed there for a one day ticket is $75.

I thought the price went up to $79 back in August of 2008. That's the price that is listed here (http://intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp).

I'm confused! :confused: Did the prices actually drop, or am I seeing an online price?

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I read on another site that tickets have gone up. A one day pass is now $79.

Anyone know for sure?

I thought a one day ticket plus tax was already around $79.00. Is that right or is my memory wrong? I don't think they would raise ticket prices and not announce it, just expecting that no one will notice.

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I just went to the Disney web-site to buy tickets and the price listed there for a one day ticket is $75.

I thought the price went up to $79 back in August of 2008. That's the price that is listed here (http://intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp).

I'm confused! :confused: Did the prices actually drop, or am I seeing an online price?

I think the $75.00 is without tax. With tax it comes out to $79.88 or something like that. As far as I know there hasn't been a price increase. I am almost positive that this has been the price for at least several months now.

GrumpyFan
01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I think the $75.00 is without tax. With tax it comes out to $79.88 or something like that. As far as I know there hasn't been a price increase. I am almost positive that this has been the price for at least several months now.

Okay, that makes sense. Duh! :doh: I knew that, or should've...

peemagg
01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
How much did they go up?

princessgirls
01-09-2009, 08:01 PM
$75 per day sounds about right. I had one of those... 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME MOMENTS" when we went to SeaWorld for the day in March. Didn't plan to, just worked out, went to the ticket booth, said
2 Adults, 2 Children please and I have this Entertainment Book coupon and they said that will be $248.25. YIKES.... so yes folks, if you are just going for the day...be prepared for sticker shock walking through the door!
A few months later, went to Hershey Park for the day, same thing 2 adults, 2 children, Pepsi can promotion and they said $120. I said "Wow, that's a bargain!!"
Just my little story...
Julie:mickey:

missalabama
01-10-2009, 12:58 PM
it seems that it was a mistake on the other website's part and there is no price increase at this time...........YIPPEE!!!