PDA

View Full Version : Recent Showings of Fantasmic

Bobby T
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm interested to find out what impact the reduced number of Fantasmic showings have had on the time you should get there to get a decent seat. We are looking to go to the February 9th show and was trying to gauge when we should plan on getting to the theatre. I'm interested in both the general seating, and the seating reserved for the Fantasmic Dining package.

Thanks!

JPL
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Actually the reduced haven't quite started yet I believe they start some time this month but I can imagine it will greatly impact the wait time and the need for the Dining Package since everyone there will be trying to squeeze it on the nights it's offered instead of at their leisure.

BMan62
01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
We were there Monday evening (6:30 show) and walked right into the theatre at 6pm. We were on the far left of the stage, but there were plenty of seats right up until starting time. There was a second showing at 8pm, but we didnt stay for it.

Showings are down to Mondays and Thursdays right now.

MickeysEars
01-09-2009, 10:29 PM
You have to remember that we are a relativly "small" community compared to the number of people that actually visit WDW. I only found out about the dinner pkg because of Intercot. So, take advantage of the things you learn here, not everyone knows about them. and although the dinner package is more known then let's say, the talking water fountain at EPCOT, (another thing I learned here) Not everyone knows about it, I don't want to stand in a line any longer than I have to

Altair
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
We went on Thur. 1/8 and people were lining up 2 hours early, but seats were still available at 6:30 for the 7:00 show. :mickey:

chrisb26
01-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I was also there on Monday for the 6:30 show the theater seemed to me to fill up really fast. I know they had a large chunk on the right side blocked off which I believe was for the Dining Package the completely filled up the other side before finally opening that side to everybody because finally a few minutes before show time they let everybody else fill in the theater. I would say there were some seats at show time but not very many the theater was for the most completely full.

Also when we were leaving the theater there was a very long line for the 8:00 show. It was filled up a long way on the walkway and it was even out on the street. So I'm sure that showing was full also.

I will say DHS seemed more crowded I was at Animal Kingdom also on Monday and while it was crowded it wasn't as bad as DHS. I didn't get a chance to go back on Tuesday to see if the crowds were lower. So I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

ThanxForNoticin
01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
If you are going Monday, 2/9/09, you might want to check the schedule. We were also at last Monday night's 6:30 show - but then they ran a second show (8:00) as part of the EMH evening. If they have EMHs and 2 shows going the night you are there, it has to help some with the crowds.

jonah'smom
01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
We were at the Studios last Thursday 1/8 when there was only 1 showing of Fantasmic at closing (7pm) We got to the theatre at 6:30 and it was already standing room only. We got in and decided not to stay. It was madness getting in & out of there. By the time we got back to the main street of the park, I heard cast members saying it was filled to capacity! I think it definitely has an impact on the time you should get there. We decided to forego the show on Monday when there were 2 and that was a big mistake! We would have been better off missing the EMH rides Monday and watching Fantasmic then. I would have liked to have avoided the crowds at the Studios on Thursday night. It was complete insanity!

Hopefully Disney will see that this is obviously not going to work for long. But nonetheless, if you really want to see Fantasmic, opt for the dinner package, or stake your claim at the theater gates very early!