PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the magic factor offsite

Momto3littlemice
01-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Here's one for you creative minds...

My family is staying at a wonderful house rental this year instead of onsite. Although we are very excited about our choice (and really believe it makes the most sense for us) we are a little worried about the loss of the "magic" that you feel 24-7 at a Disney resort. So, we have decided that each of us has to bring something to the house to make it seem more magical/Disney feeling. We have 6 adults, 2 kids, 2 babies. Anyone have some creative ideas of what we could take? So far, I am thinking about taking all my Disney CDs because I love the constant soundtrack that Disney provides. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
01-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Are you driving or flying? That might impact some of the items you can take.

I think the CDs are an excellent idea, and some Disney movies might be a good idea too if you'll have a DVD player.

Do you have any refillable mugs? You might take those to drink out of at the house so it's "like" you're on-site, and you can refer to the kitchen as the food court.

Then, once you're at Disney World, you could pick up a few snack items to take back to the house like a big bag of Mickey pretzels, and some Mickey rice krispie treats.

Disney Doll
01-09-2009, 11:02 AM
CDs are such a good idea! Depending on the ages of the kids you could make some of your own hidden Mickey's to stash around the house.

mouseketeer mom
01-10-2009, 08:29 AM
How about some sovenier plush toys purchased in the parks? They can be placed on the kids beds!!

Momto3littlemice
01-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Those are all great ideas. We are driving so space is only somewhat of an issue (3 kids, one car...). I actually think perhaps I'll look from some plush toys at the Disney store before we go and take them as a surprise to have on their beds when we get there. Very cute. Thanks!:mickey:

WDWFanatic
01-11-2009, 10:50 AM
How about some sovenier plush toys purchased in the parks? They can be placed on the kids beds!!

You could also make some towel animals for their beds, or by the pool. My son got a book a couple of years ago that shows how to make them.

We have rented a house in the past and it is very relaxing. Make sure you plan a day to just hang by the pool.

Enjoy!

DakotaDisney
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Do you have any refillable mugs? You might take those to drink out of at the house so it's "like" you're on-site, and you can refer to the kitchen as the food court.

I like that idea. That's cute and clever. I didn't think of that.

I did think of the towel idea, like someone else mentioned.

You could mail a surprise package to the house before your trip, so when you arrive the kids could open a package from Mickey, with disney treats, etc. inside.

Or send a welcome note written from Mickey to your kids to the house ahead of time and have the renter set it out for you.

If the the renter would be willing to put up some decorations or welcoming gifts for you, you could send them some things to put out. It all depends on how much you want to spend and deal with.

merlinmagic4
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't have any specific ideas but wanted to tell you that we have always stayed offsite (Give Kids the World and Sheraton Vistana) and we find plenty of magic :mickey: It's all about what you bring to it :thumbsup: