PDA

View Full Version : Disability ready house rental?

MouseHead
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
[B]Does anyone know of any rental home mgt.companies near Disney that rent homes that are disability ready???....DH has muscular dystrophy & needs mobility specific equipment....ie:ceiling lift,electric bed in order to travel....in the past regular *handicap*hotel rooms have meet his needs but his physical limitations have increased and we were hoping that we could stilll make trips to DW.

ElenitaB
01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
THAT is a really great question. I think one of "our" families have stayed offsite at a house.

In the meantime, I'll try to do some research for you.

kakn7294
01-09-2009, 08:45 AM
These might not be exactly what you were looking for but I did find some houses that could meet your needs if the additional equipment can be brought in. I also found one that appears to have the equipment available and free for your use. Good luck!

ElenitaB
01-09-2009, 06:21 PM
As Kathy found, there are a few companies and individuals that rent houses that would meet your needs.

Also, be sure to try All Star Vacation Rental Homes (http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/?ovchn=OTHER&ovcpn=Listing+Sites&ovcrn=Intercot&ovtac=AD), one of INTERCOT's site sponsors. They have two properties that will meet your needs as well.

kakn7294
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
MouseHead, I sent you a PM with the places I found. I hope one of those or the Intercot sponsered place has something that suits your needs.