PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Experience

joelkfla
01-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I attended a cast preview / technical rehearsal of AIE yesterday. I went in with negative expectations, but was pleasantly surprised that I actually had fun -- and I am not an AI fan.

For the previews no "dream tickets" are being awarded, but everyone pretended like it was for real.

The set was impressive -- all chrome, neon, and spinny thingies.

The judges offered some token criticism, but it was clear that their real job is not to judge the contestants, but to make the audience laugh. They were, in fact, just playing the roles of judges, talking about their show biz experience that was obviously fictional. I think they are Disney entertainment cast pulled from Streetmosphere and from the PI clubs. They were all reasonably funny with their "critiques." The guy playing the part of Simon (who was from PI, but I don't know which club) was the funniest; he even made his one positive comment sound like a put-down.

The contestants were also pretty good. But, this being a cast preview, they were all cast members, and most were from entertainment. It remains to be seen whether the show will be as good when actual guests with no performing experience are the contestants.

The lamest part was video clips of Ryan Seacrest and real AI winners "interacting" with the Disney host and the contestants. They just brought the show to a dead stop. Maybe they'll be more interesting to AI fans.

Overall, a thumbs up. I intend to give the attraction a chance after it officially opens on Valentines Day.

PirateLover
01-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the review! I'm one of the few American Idol fans left, and I'm actually looking forward to this.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I think they are Disney entertainment cast pulled from Streetmosphere and from the PI clubs. They were all reasonably funny with their "critiques." The guy playing the part of Simon (who was from PI, but I don't know which club) was the funniest; he even made his one positive comment sound like a put-down.

He was from Adventurer's Club and used to be one of the main performers for Otis, where most of the performers came from, along with CW.

joelkfla
01-09-2009, 12:59 AM
He was from Adventurer's Club and used to be one of the main performers for Otis, where most of the performers came from, along with CW.
Thanks, Jessica.

I never spent much time at PI, but it's good to hear that AC and CW fans will have a place to see some of their favorites again.

Imagineer1981
01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
while I loved the performer at PI, I don't see this attraction lasting more then 5 years tops

WishingStar2006
01-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Whether it lasts or not (probably not) it's so nice that they are using that space again!!! I'm looking forward to participating in the audience during my upcoming trip!

AmandaChan
01-10-2009, 09:42 PM
It's nice to read a positive review on this attraction. My husband and I are not AI fans either but we are always excited about doing something new. Husband said he has been reading a lot of bad reviews so I'll make sure he hears about this one.