PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

praiser
01-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Hello to all--I'm new to this board. However, we've been DVC owners for 3 years. Our home resort is SSR, which we really love.

I'm ready to plan our next vacation. Dh wants to try something different. How does WLV compare to SSR??

Here are some questions/needs we have:

1. I like that SSR is quiet. Are the WLV peaceful as well?

2. Are there different buildings to stay in at WLV? Which is the best.

3. Do the WLV have their own pool seperate from the regular Lodge? Does it have a water slide.

4. Are there good restaurants at WLV?

We are not visiting the Disney parks this go-around. We have two kids, and they actually prefer Universal. Fine by us, it's much cheaper. So location doesn't matter much to us, since we will use our car to go off-site.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice you have. Both are available for our dates, but I'm sure WLV have less units than SSR, so I'd like to book ASAP.

WRWDisney
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Hello to all--I'm new to this board. However, we've been DVC owners for 3 years. Our home resort is SSR, which we really love.

I'm ready to plan our next vacation. Dh wants to try something different. How does WLV compare to SSR??

Here are some questions/needs we have:

1. I like that SSR is quiet. Are the WLV peaceful as well?

2. Are there different buildings to stay in at WLV? Which is the best.

3. Do the WLV have their own pool seperate from the regular Lodge? Does it have a water slide.

4. Are there good restaurants at WLV?

We are not visiting the Disney parks this go-around. We have two kids, and they actually prefer Universal. Fine by us, it's much cheaper. So location doesn't matter much to us, since we will use our car to go off-site.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice you have. Both are available for our dates, but I'm sure WLV have less units than SSR, so I'd like to book ASAP.

First, let me be the first to :welcome: you to Intercot!

Let's take them one at a time:

1. I think WLV is quiet. In some ways it might be quieter (with the inside hallways); but if you have loud neighbors, there coming and going could seem loud. I have found it to be very peaceful.

2. WLV is all one building immediately adjacent to the Lodge. Take a look at the map on this site to get a better feel WL Map (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/wlodge07.JPG)

3. The villas do have their own pool basically, but it is a quiet pool, no slide.

4. Yes, one of the best on property; Artist Point. It also has a fun family restaurant in Whispering Canyon and the counter service is fine.

Finally, you want to book WLV ASAP. It is a very small DVC and fills-up quickly, whereas SSR is the largest on property (currently) and is relatively easy to get into.

Hope this info helps.

praiser
01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
WRWDisney---thanks for your great response. I do appreciate it!

Now to add a little boomerang to the mix--what about OKW as a option? Of the 3, would you still choose WLV?

WRWDisney
01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Let me preface this by saying I have never stayed at OKW. From what I have heard, people love it; especially the fact that the rooms are all larger than any other Vacation Club property. It depends a little on what size accomodations you are looking at and your party size. I think a studio at OKW for three or four is preferable to a studio at any other (two queens vs one and a pull out).

Otherwise, I can not say enough about WLV; we love it. From the private and quiet lobby space that the villas have to the overall ambiance of the entire property. I have not stayed there since the soft rehab on the rooms, but can only imagine that the rehab has made the villas that much better.

Truth is though, you cannot go wrong with any of them. Heck, we only have enough points this year for 6 nights at AKV, so I have booked the 4 + 3 at Pop to get some more days on property (doing it in the right order though--7 nights in Pop followed by 6 in a 1 bedroom savanah view). It is actually working out really well; we will get the 7 nights plus tickets and spend another $600 dollars and our DVC discount (appx) to upgrade the tickets to AP's. So for about $2000, we will get AP's (a $1600 value for our family) and seven extra nights.

dlpmikki
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
VWL is lovely but for driving away from Disney more difficult than some - one small road close to MK entrance can be awkward at times. If you are going for a 1 bed or bigger at OKW there is only one problem - you won't want to stay anywhere smaller again! You can park even closer to your room than you can at SSR, the rooms are bigger, it is lovely and quiet. It has several pools but only the main one near Hospitality House has a slide.

Olivias is a fairly small restaurant but very nice and you can frequently get in without an ADR.