PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping - Studios to Epcot?

Disney1977
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi,

We are planning to park hop between the Studios in the morning and Epcot in the evening. Is it faster to take the boat or the bus when traveling between these two parks?

Thank you for your replies.

Liz

DisneyGlutton
01-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Since there is the boat, I'm not sure if there is a bus between the two. I had no problem with the boat at all--it was very nice!

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2009, 01:19 PM
If you need a rest, the boat is relaxing, it will get you there at a leisurly pace.
If you're still feeling energetic, and can't get enough of that Disney walking, you can walk from the Studios to the Boardwalk, to Epcot. It will take about 20 mins, depending on your pace.

Maleficent_vf
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Walking is faster than the boat, if you're up to it. There is no direct bus between parks, so you'd have to take a bus to a non-Epcot resort or the TTA and transfer. I've never done it, but I'd guess that would take a while.

Zawadi
01-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Walking is faster than the boat, if you're up to it. There is no direct bus between parks, so you'd have to take a bus to a non-Epcot resort or the TTA and transfer. I've never done it, but I'd guess that would take a while.

Correct.

Suggestions:

Walking between the two would take 30-40 mins

From DHS the boat take the following route: DHS -> Swan/Dolphin -> Yacht/Beach club -> Boardwalk -> Epcot (International Gateway)

It's quicker to get off the boat at the Yacht/Beach club, turn right and less than a 5 min walk to the international gateway.

Strmchsr
01-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Just a comparison, yesterday I walked from Epcot to DHS in 17 min. The rest of my group that waited at international gateway and took the boat over took 38 minutes (obviously they had to wait on the boat to arrive then make the stops at Boardwalk, Y&BC, and Swan & Dolphin).

stitchaholic
01-08-2009, 01:37 PM
i didn't find the boatride long at all,took about 20 minutes

badkitty
01-08-2009, 01:52 PM

?? I take the bus between parks all the time. Unless this has changed since Nov when I went from DHS to AK direct. Last year I went from EPCOT to MGM directly on a bus. The bus pick-up area to the resorts also had buses marked for the parks.

I am confused.

Zawadi
01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Just a comparison, yesterday I walked from Epcot to DHS in 17 min.

Impressive as that's going some! Did you have roller-blades on? ;)

Strmchsr
01-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Impressive as that's going some! Did you have roller-blades on? ;)

No, but being 6'4 with long legs doesn't hurt. :D

mjm12000
01-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I would walk it as well, it is a great way to see the Dolphin and Swan resorts as well as the Yacht/Beach club and Boardwalk hotels. Also it is a short walk like 15 20 minutes for a fast walker and about 30 if you walk real slow. I did it a few times last time I was there and beat the boat everytime.

joelkfla
01-08-2009, 02:53 PM
There is a bus -- load zone #3.

If you're going to Future World, take the bus.

If you're going to World Showcase, take the boat (or walk, if you're so inclined.)

CaptSmee
01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
You can boat, bus, or walk. Walking probably is the quickest option.

Goes4FastPass
01-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I think the boat is relaxing (and kids think it's an attraction).

Of course, you can walk but isn't a person visit DHS and Epcot in the same day doing enough walking already??

DizneyRox
01-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Of course, you can walk but isn't a person visit DHS and Epcot in the same day doing enough walking already??
Depends on how many funnel cakes you had at Epcot.

pink
01-08-2009, 06:29 PM
We park hopped from Epcot and Hollywood Studios in September and taking the bus worked out very well for us. In the past we took the boat from HS to Epcot and it took over an hour, it was so slow. I don't recommend using the boat service as they stop at all of the hotels along the way. Epcot has a bus stop that goes straight to DHS. :mickey:

Daisy'sMom
01-08-2009, 08:02 PM
We love the boat, in fact I insist on our family taking it. :mickey:

Disney1977
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Thank you for all your replies.

My 3 children are really slow walker; so I think we will take the bus to save time.

Liz

cindchan
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I took the boat last time I was there, and found it quite nice! ^_^

Next time, I plan to walk, so that I have time to explore on the way, and get pictures I haven't gotten before! :number1:

Darbylew
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
There are buses between the parks at least I
have taken them from one to the other unless
they have changed things. The boat ride is so
nice and relaxing. It takes about 20 minutes.
We sometimes like to get off at the boardwalk
and look around. You can catch the boat again
from there or walk. :thumbsup:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP OCT. 2008 :mickey:
NEXT TRIP MAR. 2009 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

LoriMistress
01-08-2009, 10:57 PM
DH and I did that in Dec '07. We had our last morning at DHS, went back to POP to nap, then headed over to Epcot in the early afternoon. We just took the bus, and there wasn't any problems.

PiratesLifeForMe3
01-08-2009, 11:24 PM
The fastest way to get from DHS to Epcot is taking the boat to Yacht & Beach Club and walking from there. It is probably the nicest option, because you get to sit down on the boat for 15 minutes and then you have a 5 minute walk at most from the Y&BC.

dnickels
01-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Judging by the waistlines of many guests don't think it would hurt. :eat:

(and in case someone wants to jump down my throat because they're just big boned, it's meant as a joke)

dumbo_buddy
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM
:mickey:

DH and i always walk between the two. it's actually a favorite part of my day when we visit both of those parks. i love the walk through the boardwalk and along the water.

although you walk alot, i'm sure it can only help to burn off all the calories you eat at the parks!!!

DizneyRox
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
The fastest way to get from DHS to Epcot is taking the boat to Yacht & Beach Club and walking from there.
Unless you are a snail, walking is always faster. It's close if you walk right on the boat and it leaves immediately, but there is a shortcut THROUGH Boardwalk that cuts off significant time.

I've never been beat by the boat from Epcot to MGM, or MGM to Epcot. It's not a race either, usually it's sweltering 100+ degree heat when I decide to do the walk.

Imagineer1981
01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Thank you for all your replies.

My 3 children are really slow walker; so I think we will take the bus to save time.

Liz

with 3 kids, I would take the bus or boat, either way its a great way to let them rest for a bit

CleveRocks
01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Walking is faster than the boat, if you're up to it. There is no direct bus between parks, so you'd have to take a bus to a non-Epcot resort or the TTA and transfer. I've never done it, but I'd guess that would take a while.This is incorrect for a couple of reasons.

There IS a bus between the parks. And there's no such thing as a bus that goes between ANY Disney owned-and-operated resort and the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC).

joelkfla
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
And there's no such thing as a bus that goes between ANY Disney owned-and-operated resort and the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC).
WIth one exception: there is still a late-night bus between FW and TTC, which runs only after MK has closed and the boat has stopped running.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-11-2009, 10:34 AM

I love the boat, very relaxing. And I agree with Goes4FastPass...my kids think its another ride!!

Disney_Barbie
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
you can walk from the Studios to the Boardwalk, to Epcot. It will take about 20 mins, depending on your pace.

Enless you have small children this would be my recomendation. It's a beautifull walk, and we find that since the boat stops at so many locations, it's much faster to just walk it!