PDA

View Full Version : Roaming Resorts??

Tink276
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
We will be in Disney from Feb 6th-12th, but we will not be able to enter the parks until the 2nd day of our trip. We are planning to visit Downtown Disney & maybe checkout some different resorts. We will be staying at the Poly & have stayed at the Grand Floridian in the past, does anyone have any suggestions on other resorts to visit. It will be my husband, myself, & two kids (4 & 7). Thanks for any help!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
01-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Personally, I would stick with Downtown Disney area, Fort Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Those would probably be the most fun for a 4 & 7 year old. You could also visit a resort that's on the water and take out a boat with the family.

mkymouse0206
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Visit the Wilderness Lodge and ask the front desk for a list of hidden mickey's in the resort. :mickey: Your kids will have a blast searching the Lodge for all them, and you will fall in love with the resort. Always something new to see there. :pine: :cap:
You can also walk down past the waterfall and the pool and check out the geyser. It really erupts! On your way be sure to look down at the sidewalk and notice all the different animal footprints in the concrete.:paw::paw:

DisneyGlutton
01-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I would def have to say go to the AKL, especially if its before dark. Boardwalk is nice too...you could rent a surrey bike! From DTD, you could also catch a boat to Port Orleans.

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2009, 06:49 AM
AKL is so worth a look! You could have fun for a few hours exploring the resort and viewing the animals.
Agreed that WL would be fun for a look too.
And Maybe...your kids might enjoy viewing the giant Disney Icons at Pop Century. My kids loved that, even tho we never stayed there, it was very exciting for my kids to see!

#1donaldfan
01-08-2009, 12:50 PM
...we just came back from a great trip and did the very thing your asking about...

....we started at DTD, for a little shopping and a great lunch at T REX, then hopped a bus to the Beach Club and walked the entire boardwalk area, even up to the rear gate to Epcot...then finished it off with the Beaches N Cream, signature dessert the Kitchen Sink.....it was a fun time and not a single line the entire day.....:mickey:

DDuck66
01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I would also add the Contemporary to the list..especially if you plan your evening right, you could watch Wishes from the observation deck. Besides that, we like to go visit a new resort everytime we go by DTD for the day. Resort Hoping is one of our favorite pasttimes.

goofy89
01-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I would definitely say that AKL is worth a visit. It is a beautiful resort and it is fun to explore and sit outside and watch the animals!