PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade at AKL?

MIKET11
01-07-2009, 10:32 AM
We are staying at the AKL Jan. 17th-Jan.26th.
I paid for a pool view room and was wondering how common savannah upgrades are. I've read that some people are lucky enough to get the upgrade for free and didn't know if this was something that is done often.:mickey:

valjane
01-07-2009, 10:35 AM
We have stayed at AKL three times, all booked with standard views. We were upgraded twice to savanna.

I think if the resort is fairly empty, there's a good chance of being upgraded from standard to savanna.

If you've booked a pool view, though, I don't know. Many people may actually PREFER a pool view and wouldn't appreciate an upgrade!

mudpuppysmom
01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
We've stayed twice at AKL and been upgraded both times. The first time I will say the view was better than this last trip In December, but I'm not going to complain.....we were not looking at the parking lot!

TammiMcMan
01-07-2009, 05:53 PM
This particular resort doesn't have very many standard view rooms, so an upgrade at that view level is fairly common. An upgrade from pool view to savannah view is much less common, but it does happen. Your best bet is to book a view that you'll be happy with and see what happens when you get there.

MIKET11
01-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Thans for the info.

queen bee
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I would also suggest you let reservations know that you would like the free upgrade if available. This just might get you a little "bump" up the line.

Enjoy

LynneM
01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I would also suggest you let reservations know that you would like the free upgrade if available. This just might get you a little "bump" up the line.

Enjoy

From what we've heard from cast members posting here and on other boards, that's a good way to guarantee you won't get a free upgrade.

Upgrades happen for a couple of reasons. Many upgrades are done for the resort's operational needs. They need to even out room counts for housekeeping, free up a block of rooms, take a room out of service for maintenance, etc. These are assigned before you arrive.

Front desk CMs may also have some latitude to do an upgrade at check-in time, IF rooms are available for upgrades. Call it 'pixie dust'. Some CMs have reported that they won't give these upgrades to people who ask for one...it's kind of like marching up to someone and asking them to give you a present. :D

OP, there's really nothing you can do to increase your chances of getting an upgrade. Just be very nice to the front desk CM, and hope for the best.