PDA

View Full Version : StormStruck at Epcot

dixiepixie
01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Anyone seen this in Innoventions? Is it worth going to? Is it in East or West? We weren't planning on doing Innoventions on this trip, but if this is something worth seeing, I don't want to skip it.

thrillme
01-07-2009, 08:45 AM
YES. We did this last trip.

Actually I rather enjoyed it. If you skip it you'll live BUT...I liked it. It was shortly after "IKE" hit down here in Texas. Made me "think" about a few things. I'm far enough away from the coast that I'm not worried about it but...We've talked a lot about getting a little place down at the coast. It did give me a few things to consider.

If you go into Innovations and just do this I think you'll like it. For "most" of innovations I admit I'm getting a little "bored" with it. They did at least update the "house of the future". And my DS really enjoyed the enviromental thingy but the wait seemed to be forever.

DizNee143
01-07-2009, 08:54 AM
i went..
i dont know which side it was on..i get so confused..i wanna say its the one on the same side as the electric umbrella..
it was a pretty neat show...but like the other poster said if you miss it youll still live..i dont think its a must do..but it you have the time go take a look!

IamBelle
01-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I saw this when I went in Aug. and the line was really long waiting to get in, so I am assumming that it is good.

TheRustyScupper
01-07-2009, 02:05 PM
1) Innovations is meant to be educational.
2) This exhibit certainly qualifies.
3) It is good for both adults and kids.

NOTE: And to think before this exhibit I thought thunder was just clouds talking, and lightning was the result of the gods getting angry.

CaptSmee
01-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I enjoyed it for a nice diversion. It's not gonna knock your socks off, but it was entertaining and educational at the same time. We also like the House of the Future as well, which is right nearby!

Crow
01-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I saw it in Sept. it was interesting, not something that you have to see or a repeat thing a lot, but i dont spend much time in Innoventions anymore. Im sure I will spend some time in APril w the nephews & may take them to see this.
Its nice to see something new..

comicguy
01-08-2009, 05:44 PM
We saw this in Aug. We enjoyed it and did learn a thing or two from it.

If you miss it, it's not a big deal, but if you want to kill some time in Air conditioning, then I would say go for it.

Marker
01-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I really enjoyed it. Actually, I wish we'd see more of that kind of thing. It was both entertaining and informative.

Interesting thing, I hear people talk about it interms of hurricanes, but when I saw it I was thinking it was about tornados. Guess maybe it's your point of view. I think they use the term "storm" but not specific what sort of storm. I live in a tornado prone area, but we've never had a hurricane in KC, so my frame of reference was more the twister variety.

But yes, I did it, I was glad I did, and I would like to see it again. It is very well done in my opinion.

goofysbabe
01-09-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm just back from my trip Dec. 26 - Jan. 2 and I had never heard of this. We were trying to find the bathroom and come upon this and decided to try it. We felt it was a good & informative attraction. My kids like it alot. So I say if you have the time check it out!

**Funny note, while waiting in the que, watching the pre show the CM caught my eye - She was standing under the tv screen so she was easily noticable - she mouthed the entire pre show. I mean word for word - I thought it was kinda cute.

mermaidmarian
01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
NOTE: And to think before this exhibit I thought thunder was just clouds talking, and lightning was the result of the gods getting angry.[/QUOTE]

It's not bowling? :confused:

Brooklynos
01-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I am curious about this attraction too. Is it a show that you sit in that is supposed to make you feel like you are in a "storm" or is it just telling you about how storms work? Sorry if my question is a little obvious but this wasnt there last time we were there and considering we have first hand experience in a major storm I'd like to see what they're able to imitate.

q105birdman
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I experienced this attraction last night. I am always curious when Disney attempts to imitate the real world. Unlike a ride such as Test Track, they fell far short here. The experience at my local science center was MUCH better. The cast member in charge was very enthusiastic but the attraction was boring. I wouldn't make it a part of any future trip. The attraction that rhymes with 'Twister' at another park is FAR better than this.

angel8783
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I saw this back in September and I really liked it... its not a must do (IMHO) but rather a if you have a little extra time thing. DH and I had never had time to explore innoventions before this but this was really cool.

As a resident of a suburb north of Houston, Texas we had just been through the experience of Ike... we had just gotten our power back a week prior and had been without for 7 days after the Hurricane. I have to say, if I never experience another storm like that again (it was a direct hit over my house, we are about 80 miles from Galveston and our local Target had the roof torn off... we are talking about 120 mph winds high up and no reprieve since we were in the eye wall for a few hours) I will be happy!!

I did see Storm Struck as more of a tornado (I also used to live in north east Texas where they get their fair share of Tornadoes) than a hurricane experience, but it was still rather cool with the 3D glasses and the spurts of air and water to make it seem somewhat "realistic". I recommend it if you are done with everything else you want to experience in Future World and have 30 minutes to an hour (depending on the line) to use.

Brooklynos
01-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Angel8783.... Thanks for the input. We used to live in Biloxi, MS but thanks to Katrina have been relocated to Ocean Springs in a high and dry area. I think this will be a must do for us out of curiosity, but like you, I don't think anything will compare to the real thing. I do appreciate Disney's attempt to share a "safe" storm experience though. One of the reasons we go back so much is because they are constantly adding neat content like this....

CaptSmee
01-12-2009, 12:42 AM
I experienced this attraction last night. I am always curious when Disney attempts to imitate the real world. Unlike a ride such as Test Track, they fell far short here. The experience at my local science center was MUCH better. The cast member in charge was very enthusiastic but the attraction was boring. I wouldn't make it a part of any future trip. The attraction that rhymes with 'Twister' at another park is FAR better than this.

It's not exactly a full blown attraction such as the other one mentioned by this poster. It's more of an educational 3D movie w/special effects that show how you can prepare yous home for a hurricane.

Altair
01-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Innovations is now at least worth spending some time in now. "Storm Stuck" was worth doing and "Don't Waste It" was also fun . Oh, and the burning house is also fun to do. This is the best Innovations has ever been. It's educational and fun.:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
My kids LOVE Innoventions so we will have to check this out. Too be honest it's always me rushing them out, time to slow down and let them explore.

But really how many plastic robots does one family need ;). Another highlight for them.

Maybe if I run to Mexico :marg: while they are in line....