PDA

View Full Version : T Rex at DTD?

Roo Girl
01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Has anyone eaten there yet? Construction wasn't completed when we were there in Sept 08 so I'm curious to try it in 3 weeks when we are there. Do they take ADRs? :mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-06-2009, 01:21 PM
ADR's...yes, they started taking them yesterday....

....the set up is very similar to Rainforest C., but the food is far superior at T REX !!!....

we sat just outside the ice cave area and had a great time and meal...you won't be disappointed, I'm sure....!! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
We ate there in December. It was a very similar experience to Rainforest cafe with the same sporadic service (despite them only seating about half the restaurant). The noise level was even louder than at Rainforest particularly during the meteor shower - not sure if that was magnified by there not being that many people there. Hubby and I split a full order of ribs. They were quite good as were the sides.

Roo Girl
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Interesting! Is it higher quality food than Rainforest? I think Rainforest is severely overpriced.

disneymom15
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
We ate there last month. It was really good, we'll be going there again.

Sunshine1010
01-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Was there in December.

We sat in the 'ice room'. It was pretty cool.

It was loud, very loud. But no louder than some other Disney restaurants.

Food was pretty good. We had an appetizer and there was some chicken oriental salad (I think) that was absolutely WONDERFUL.

If I had to pick between RFC and TRR, I'd pick the T-Rex Rest.

Expensive though....

We got a Build-A-Dinosaur. Got one set of clothes with it ---- $45.00 (WHEW!!!!). But, my son enjoyed it.

Go at lunch, crowds are MUCH lighter and the wait time is nonexistent. We literally walked in at 11:30am. But later that day, at dinner time (2 1/2 hour wait)

Waiter was fine. He was telling us how much they had to learn (all about the dinosaurs, eating habits, etc.). He said it was unbelievable.

Had a good time. Meteor 'show' was kinda cool.

We will go again.

Oh yeah....don't get the drink (icee) that comes in the bone cup. It's expensive and it may look as if there is a lot in there,...but there isn't. It wasn't worth the money (although my son enjoyed it).

Roo Girl
01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Just tried to make ADR and they aren't taking them!!! Either the CM I spoke with wasn't "in the loop" or they don't offer ADRs. I don't know if I can stomach a 2.5 hour wait...maybe lunch. :thumbsup:

DisneyMiMi
01-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I called today and made a reservation for 19 Jan. with no problem. I am excited about trying this new restaurant since the overall reviews have been good. Hope this helps.

momof3+twins
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Ate at the one in Kansas City and I wasn't impressed with the food so we didn't eat there in Disney!

Beast_fanatic
01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Just tried to make ADR and they aren't taking them!!! Either the CM I spoke with wasn't "in the loop" or they don't offer ADRs. I don't know if I can stomach a 2.5 hour wait...maybe lunch. :thumbsup:

Others have reported that they called them directly (407-828-8739) for reservations.

kwhitt3202
01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
does anybody know if they will be on the ddp

the other micki
01-07-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't think they are on the DDP. As Beast_Fanatic said, you must call them directly and not through Disney. I have a ressie for April!!! My boys are gonna love this one!

Roo Girl
01-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone!! I called T Rex directly and got the dinner ADR that I wanted! :number1: So excited for my long weekend in WDW!!

mudpuppysmom
01-07-2009, 02:42 PM
We ate there last month and I think they were still working the bugs out as our meal was a little screwed up. We ordered an app and DS#1 meal, then a few minutes later the server took the rest of our order. A little bit later our adult meals came out -- no app or kids meal arrived first!! It was only after I had shared half my sandwich with DS and DH had eaten his meal that the app and kids meal showed up....apparently they lost our ticket. The manager came over and said she'd fix our bill.....the app was taken off. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out as I'm absolutely sure that I'll be back there again!!

DS#1 had such a wonderful time in there exploring around our area (we sat outside the ice cave in the back of the restaurant). He had pictures taken with a bunch of different dinos and kept watching them when they would move.

Yes, it is LOUD!!!

Yes, it is overpriced for what you are getting

Yes, the kids enjoy themselves which makes parents happy

Yes, we will be going back.

As someone else pointed out though -- it's much less crowded at lunch time though! We were there on Dec 13 at lunch time and I think DTD was just NUTZ....there was a line for T-Rex but they were seating people as they walked up in line, no pagers given out. And the place was not packed to the gills either.

I will say the gift shop is small though and hard to negotiate with a stroller (as evidenced by me with our DS#2 in the stroller!

If you can get an ADR I suggest getting one so you don't have to wait forever to eat!