PDA

View Full Version : Talk her into it for me

mitchsfan
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
First off, if this thread needs to be moved please do so.

Okay Intercottees, I need your help. My wife is pregnant with child number 2. It has been the wife, myself and our son for the last 4 years. We do everything together.

I love going to Disney. I don't understand vacationing anywhere else other than Disney. The wife and I were kicking around the idea for one last trip for just the three of us. One day she is ready to go the next day she isn't. I need to book soon if I want he 4/3 deal. When the original date went by and we didn't book I thought that it was a sign. But when they extend the dates, I knew that it was a sign.

Finanacially it won't be a bad hit.

She needs convincing!

So I implore you fellow Intercottees. Talk her into it! Share your experiences! Do it for the Mouse!!!:smickey: Do it for the Duck!!! :donald:

Thank you

DlandMommy
01-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Mrs.Mitchsfan:D Let me tell you first hand once the baby comes there will be no family rides for a looong time:(Dont get me wrong growing families are the best.I have a DD6 and a DS18months.Before my DS we used to get on everything together as a family now we take turnes getting on with DD.Still fun but I miss getting on rides the same time as my fiance:(I would definetly say gooooo and enjoy one last trip just the three of you.Besides pretty soon all the attention is going to be for the baby:D You can make this trip extra special for the BIG brother:party:GO and enjoy:thumbsup:

hoop de do
01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Don't forget your unborn gets in for free. Mom - GO. You'll have a great time. Congratulations on your second and have a magical trip.

#1donaldfan
01-06-2009, 12:54 PM
.....I've been married 20 years and can honestly say, I don't remember one time I talked my DW into anything.....yep, she's running the show....so, your hit !!!! If you end up going it's because she wanted to, not anything anyone of us could ever say, even you, to change her mind.....you may think you talked her into it, but don't kid yourself, they run it all.....!!!!
......ok.....before anyone blasts me on this, I'm kidding, really !!! If she's really a Disney fanatic, she'll go, no worries.......!!:mickey:

KylesMom
01-06-2009, 01:07 PM
......ok.....before anyone blasts me on this, I'm kidding, really !!! If she's really a Disney fanatic, she'll go, no worries.......!! Whew, I thought you were serious for a minute and I could see things getting ugly in this thread!!! LOL :marg:

To the original poster: I'd find out if there is some underlying concern your wife has about the trip - such as not really being able to enjoy it because she's uncomfortable, her ankles swell, there are potential health problems ... that kind of thing. If, on the other hand there are no concerns, appeal to her sense of NOW with DS - a trip to strengthen the family bond before DS's new brother or sister joins the brood. Good luck in your quest! :mickey:

WDWFanatic
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
When is your wife due, and how is she feeling? I was "morning" sick all day long with our second son and the idea of visiting every Disney bathroom wouldn't have been all that appealing:ill:.

Also there are lots of rides she won't be able to go on, so maybe the idea of sitting outside on a bench while you and DS have all the fun may not be what she has in mind for a vacation.

Sorry to be debbie downer but if you address her concerns you may have a better chance.

Good Luck!

Magic Smiles
01-07-2009, 04:49 PM
You don't say why your wife does NOT want to go. I am sure that she must have some reason that she feels is a good reason. As with the previous post, when I was pregnant I was so sick that getting from the bed to the couch was a big deal. Couldn't stand the smells or thought of eating anything other than carrots.

Cinderelley
01-12-2009, 01:00 PM
My suggestion is to plan a trip with just you and DS - male bonding before the new baby. She might enjoy some alone time. Then again, if you start planning, she might decide to go with the two of you.

buzznwoodysmom
01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I agree with the previous poster that said maybe she just isn't comfortable going to WDW pregnant. Sure it sounds fun for you and DS, but maybe she isn't thrilled with the idea that since she is pregnant she won't be able to ride quite a few rides. Sitting alone on a bench while you and DS ride may not appeal to her right now. I'd take any chance to go to WDW, pregnant or not, but I can see why someone pregnant may not want to go.

kemps@wdw
01-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Ok...let's see...convincing arguments for the mother-to-be. If she is as big a Disney fan as you, it shouldn't be to hard. Pregnancy not withstanding, lets look @ the pros and cons...

Its WDW - Pro
Can't ride ALL the attractions - con
Its WDW - pro

Huh...that's all I got!
Never miss a chance to do Disney. :thumbsup: Especially, for the 4 yr old. (and maybe be the only chance to get the new one in for free)