PDA

View Full Version : toy story ride

motherof4
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
has anyone been on the new toy story ride in disney hollywood studios. we were there in 2008 and we had a 10 day pass to the parks and we tried almost every day and there was always a 90 min. wait or a very late return on the fast pass. Is it really worth the wait should I waste my time we are going back this year in Aug.should we try again.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
MY DSis and SBIL took their family in Sept. during the off peak season and LOVED the ride. But their sons are 8 and 11 so it was right up their alley.

crazypoohbear
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I did the ride 2 times in September.
We went to the park opening and ran like crazy to get there (along with everyone else) We grabbed fast passes then got in line (about a 20 minute wait at that time)
When our fast pass time was up, we got 2 more fastpasses for later in the day.
IT is a lot of fun but I don't know if I would wait 90 minutes, I'm impatient.

tigger_ttfn
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
We just got back and rode it twice with FP. It was a blast! :thumbsup:

We were there at park opening twice to get FP and still had a return time of 11am-12pm.

Is it worth the long wait? IMHO, no, but nothing is worth waiting for that much time to me. :blush:

Jeff
01-05-2009, 08:34 PM
It's a very fun ride. Worth 90 minutes - no, but no ride is IMHO.

My family was just at WDW over Christmas week. We were able to ride Toy Story Mania several times. We were at the gates of the Studio at opening. We walked right back to the ride and walked right on. Got a fastpass after riding for around 11am and rode again at that time. We did that two different days. Between the opening ride and our FP time we were able to go over and ride the Tower of T with about a 5 minute wait and then over to Rock n Roller Coaster with about a 10 minute wait.

The absolute key to making such a plan work is to be at the park when it opens!

DumboMom
01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Where is the ride in the park?:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Guess we have to disagree about the wait based on our experience. The only way we were able to get on it in Oct was by waiting in the long line, never could get a FP because they were gone so fast. So, on our last day we had no choice but to do standby.

Loved the queue which is one of the best at WDW in a long time including watching Mr. Potato Head do his act. And the ride is spectacularly good. Really had a blast on it.

Now having said that, having done it I now wouldn't wait that long again because I have already done it. But under the same circumstances, brand new ride and never having ridden it and no time left in the vacation, I'd tell people to do standby and don't miss it! Its that good.

snuggs30
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
We ran straight back and got on in less than 10 min. then we exited and grabbed fast passes for like 11:00. It is a fantastic ride! Don't pass it up! If you do have to wait for awhile it will be worth it, looking at all the diffrent toys and such in the line!:thumbsup:

DisneyKings
01-05-2009, 09:43 PM
We have ridden several times & love it! The key is to get there 1st thing AND get a fast pass! Then get another fastpass when eligible. I don't think any ride is worth 90 min wait!

momof3+twins
01-06-2009, 07:59 AM
You have to go at park opening and you are still looking at at least a 25 min wait (we walked on every other ride in the park that day). I think that it would make sense to check for another route to the ride besides going to the right and passing the little mermaid. You have to get past hundreds of people getting fast passes that way. And YES it is worth it. I hate lines and have 5 kids so if I think it is worth it that is saying something!

mrmcgiv
01-06-2009, 09:08 AM
i thought it was a pretty fun ride. I would not wait 90 mins htough, not for any ride. We went at 10:30 ish on EMH might when park closed at 11. Line said 40 mins, we waitED aBOUT 15. iT WAS WORTH IT.

wdwfansince75
01-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Over our many trips, there have been many "First Rides"....often with 60 minute or longer waits....Starting with the first year of Space Mtn, through BTMRR, and on to Soaring, Test Track, EE, and RnRC....all lived up to their hype.....and all are still "Must do's"....but with FP's, I rarely have to wait very long.....My first ride on TSMM exceeded my expectations....Both the queue, and the ride, were well worth the wait.....We went in June, and I got on the ride several times....think I did it at least 5 times over the week....The Queue is well worth the time....found the queue at least as enjoyable as the actual Narnia walk through attraction....And the ride is exceptional....
I note that a common theme on Intercot is that most posters would not wait 90 minutes for anything....before Fast Passes, that was normal for the "Must Do's"...all the E-Ticket attractions. And, obviously, many people still think it is worth while....or, as Yogi would say, "Nobody waits in the standby queues; there are too many people there."
Don't miss it....go to DHS at opening on the morning that MK has EMH, head to the ride first thing. Try to avoid the crowd headed to the FP lines, by staying to the left side of Pixar Place....(think it used to be Mickey Avenue)....get right into the standby queue....relax, and enjoy....and get FP's as soon as you get off....probably be for late afternoon....The rest of DHS is usually uncrowded on the mornings that MK has EMH.

jrkcr
01-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I LOVE this ride! But I wouldn't wait 90 min for any ride. But a 30 min wait would be OK for this ride-lots of cute things to look at while in the queue. We just went straight to the ride when the park opened, and had about a 10 min wait. DH got fast passes for us all when we came out so we rode it again later in the day.

RAIDER
01-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Went on it in Dec thank god for my fast pass .The queues were horrendous all the day long !!

As for the ride .I thought it was excellent but as for the best scores shown up at the end !!! my my
they must know some short cuts as they were outstanding :confused:

RocknBev
01-06-2009, 11:17 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Don't miss it....go to DHS at opening on the morning that MK has EMH, head to the ride first thing. Try to avoid the crowd headed to the FP lines, by staying to the left side of Pixar Place....(think it used to be Mickey Avenue)....get right into the standby queue....relax, and enjoy....and get FP's as soon as you get off....probably be for late afternoon....The rest of DHS is usually uncrowded on the mornings that MK has EMH.

Thanks for the suggestion....I'm headed to WDW tomorrow and will try out your suggestion!
I am so excited, I know I will not be able to sleep a wink.

elmjimmlm
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
We rode it last Monday and IMO it is worth the wait...We loved it...

thrillme
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
We totally loved it. Very worthwhile ride.

Here's the stratgy. Get to MGM EARLY go STRAIGHT to the Fast Pass machines...(know where they are)...Do NOT pass Go...Do NOT collect $200. Get your fastpasses for Toy Story and sigh a sigh of relief then go and enjoy the rest of the park...get a FP for Tower of Terror and/or the RnRC.

nicjohn3
01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
We were there in November over Thanksgiving. We were lined up about 40 minutes before the park opened. Let people in, my son gets trampled by a man in a race for fp for this line-poor elderly couple behind us nearly fell on top of him--but anyway, my husband got to the fastpast line and waited nearly 5-10 minutes, just to get a fp. The wait was already 60 minutes for the regular line. A few days before we walked right to the line and went on twice within 1 hour.

It is fun, but I would not wait in line 90 minutes since I already rode it. But if it is your first time, I would definitely be there at park opening to get a fp.

It is a fun ride. Hopefully it wont be too busy that you will have problems with it. Have fun!

Suz36
01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Where exactly are the fp machines and the entrance to the ride in relation to each other?

DlandMommy
01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
we love this ride.Were from cali so it might be different here;) This is the only line we ever wait for:)IN 17 Days we will wait however long it takes at HS:party::cloud9::mickey:

madi47
01-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Where exactly are the fp machines and the entrance to the ride in relation to each other?

You will hit the fastpass machines before the actual ride entrance. You'll walk past Little Mermaid and One Man's Dream and they will be on your right. I'm sure you will not miss the crowd that will be standing in front of them.:)

#1donaldfan
01-07-2009, 12:39 PM
GREAT RIDE !!

I would / could wait 90 minutes for it.....why, cause in my infinate wisdom last week we waited over 2 hours to ride it a second time...the first time we opened the park and got on with no wait, then on our next to last day we were at the studios, done it all, and just waiting for the Osborne lights to be turned on, nothing else to do, so we jumped in standby and waited over 120 minutes...and actually I heard, while waiting, that on NYE, two days earlier, the wait time was in excess of 3 hours......IMHO, it's not worth that type of wait, but it truly is a fun ride....by the way, I currently hold our family high score of 157, 300, which is only half as much as the lowest "high" score for any day we were there...so in reality, I stink at it, but I'm the best stinker in my bunch........:thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Besr new ride ever!!!! I waited almost an hour for this after getting a fast pass, and it is so worth it!

sleepingbooty
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
We rode this in California, and all though we didn't have to wait - I would. I'd never wait in an hour long line, but 45 minutes I would do for this ride. It sounds like from what everyone is saying that as long as you arrive at opening, you ought to be able to get a fastpass for sometime that afternoon. So, just plan for a full day at DHS (or take a midday break and come back and use your fastpass then).:thumbsup:

baileykelly
01-07-2009, 08:26 PM
i was there halloween weekend. got to the studios 30 minutes after opening, got a fastpass (return time was 11:30), and waited 25 minutes to ride. rode with the fastpass at 11:30, and picked up another fastpass with a return time of 6:00. i would never wait 90 minutes to ride anything. i will only wait for rides if the posted time is 40 minutes or less.:mickey:

biodtl
01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
It's definitely a great ride, and a don't miss if you can FP it. As for stand-by, everyone is different with how long they can stand to wait. definitely go early and get a FP

Granny Jill A
01-13-2009, 02:52 PM
First of all - WE LOVED IT! I'm 61 and my grandson is 6 and we both had a ball.

We were there in December, and the posted wait time at 7 p.m. was 110 minutes. We got in line and 35 minutes later we were boarding our vehicle.

Make sure you eat a good meal, take a restroom break, then get in line :D.

Have a ball!

jaredkari
01-14-2009, 08:22 AM
We rode it for the first time last week. We waited 30 minutes but I would say it is not worth a 90 minute wait. Use FP!! I feel the 3D images were a lot clearer and sharpe than other 3D attractions at WDW, it is a pretty cool attraction.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2009, 08:26 AM
We went Dec. 24th and got there at park opening...we went straight to TSM and had only a 5 minute stand by line...the ride broke right off but they had it fixed in 10 minutes...if you didn't get fastpasses early that morning they ran out by noon