PDA

View Full Version : Peak Vs. Off_Peak

Airblue1
01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
This is was the first time in decades we decided to try peak season. I noticed that the parks ran a lot smoother and every cast member seamed to be on and in the spirit. Where as I found that in non peak times of the year it is a little quieter, less enthusiasim and it seems like the cast members are going through the motions. Has anyone else noticed this difference between the different times of the year?

Ian
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
That's sort of heartening to hear, because we're considering going the week between Christmas and New Year's this year.

We've always gone at the slowest times of the year in the past, so I'm a little worried how I'm going to handle it. It's nice to hear someone say there's at least something positive about going at peak time!

JRocker
01-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Actually, I have noticed that.

I'm a bit strange, I enjoy the peak times, and in most cases I prefer them. And I think part of it is the cast members enthusiasm, in general.

Now before I get blasted for bad mouthing the cast members, I am just saying that this is the general "feel" I get in the off season compared to the peak season. They aren't bad at all in the off season, but there is definately a more relaxed, less enthusiastic tone, when compared to peak.

At least that is my experience. Keep in mind that this is just my own subjective opinion that in itself contains no facts, just simple observations that are unfortunately seen only through my own eyes and processed through my brain.

Stu29573
01-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I've always liked peak times rather than off-peak due to exactly the things everyone is saying...Plus the fact that just about everything is running and the park hours are much longer.

dteed
01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I prefer the non-peak times and have never had a better cast member experience during peak times. In fact the CMs seem to seek out opprotunities to interact during non-peak times. I have pics of my kids playing soccer in the street in England with CMs and doing the hula hoop on Main Street. Both of these times the CMs were looking for people to play with. My biggest issue with peak times is the hords of people, I like a little elbow room.

cindchan
01-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I've always preferred off-peak, simply because the rooms are cheaper and it's a little less crowded. But as people have said in other posts, there doesn't seem to be much off-peak times anymore.

iLovethejonasbrothers
01-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I like the off peak season!

johnO
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I won't willingly go to WDW during peak season again, unless we go to experience Christmas time there in the future.

I'd have to agree with "Dteed", I've never noticed a difference. Even if there was a difference, you lose any benefit due to the masses of people that get more and more agitated as the crowds grow.

As I said I havent noticed any difference but....If anything I would think that a busier cast member, during peak season, would be more likely to show less enthusiasm and more frustration.

Imagineer1981
01-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I won't willingly go to WDW during peak season again, unless we go to experience Christmas time there in the future.

I'd have to agree with "Dteed", I've never noticed a difference. Even if there was a difference, you lose any benefit due to the masses of people that get more and more agitated as the crowds grow.

As I said I havent noticed any difference but....If anything I would think that a busier cast member, during peak season, would be more likely to show less enthusiasm and more frustration.

Personally CMs get a little burned out from the tons of guests during peak so when off peak comes its a time to relax a bit. For me I was happier then and had more fun with my job because 14 brazilian tour groups werent causing problems in lines and I wasn't being bombarded with FP questions

Giggy
01-06-2009, 04:05 PM
As far as I'm concerned the quieter it is when I go the better. I don't like being overcrowded, especially when it's hot.....which is normally a given if you're in Florida.

stephntampa
01-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I prefer non peak times.. I don't think they exist anymore! We visit several times a year (average about once a month), and I can't recall a day we went that the park wasn't crowded. We were at MK on Monday and at 2:00PM the line for BTMRR was 70 minutes long! But, we consider ourselves lucky that we can go so often and thank goodness for fastpass!!:mickey: