PDA

View Full Version : DDP Dilemma

DisneyGlutton
01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
My best friend and I are having a friendly debate about what to do about dining next time we go (the 4/3 offer is rather tempting) and we could use input. First off, one of the major reasons we like to go to WDW is for the food. We like to do TS for both lunch and dinner with as many signature restaurants as possible.

Now the obvious choice is to get the Deluxe DP, which is what we did last time. However, I loathe dessert as a course and also am usually stuffed by the end of the main course in any case. Having dessert included is a big waste for me; this is a major reason why I think getting the regular DP would be stupid in my case.

The problem is that my friend loves all the food (he's one of those enviable skinny people who can eat without gaining weight). Both of us would like to find a way to save money without sacrificing our enjoyment, if such a thing is possible. I'm thinking paying OOP may be the way to go after crunching the numbers, but this seems counterintuitive, which is why I'm asking for help. Thanks!

SBETigg
01-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Even if you skip dessert, it seems you would still be saving money with DDP Deluxe if you do a lot of Signature dining/table service for lunch and dinner. With that dining pattern, I can't get it to add up to a way that you would actually be spending less off plan unless you're sharing meals. I guess it depends on where you plan to eat. Have you actually checked the menus and added it up comparatively? Plus, with DDP, I like the convenience of having meals (except for tip) paid in advance.

threeh
01-05-2009, 02:45 PM
That's a big selling point for me, the fact that it is all "pre paid". I've seen figures with the regular dining plan and I think most are coming out a about a hundred or so ahead. The pre paying is great!!! Back when the tip was included we brought next to nothing in cash with us!!
Happy planning:mickey:

tigger_ttfn
01-06-2009, 07:13 AM
We just got back from using the Deluxe DP. We only did one signature and we did 2 character breakfasts and still saved $200. Of course we would never order (or eat) that much food on our own.

But scaling back and paying OOP, we would have spent about the same as the dining plan. So, I am all for the convenience!!

DisneyGlutton
01-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Even if you skip dessert, it seems you would still be saving money with DDP Deluxe if you do a lot of Signature dining/table service for lunch and dinner. With that dining pattern, I can't get it to add up to a way that you would actually be spending less off plan

But scaling back and paying OOP, we would have spent about the same as the dining plan. So, I am all for the convenience!!

Thanks very much for your help!:mickey:

I guess I can't do math, which is why I'm an English major! Though to be fair to my math skills, I think the fact that I didn't use all my TS credits skewed the results.

It is pretty convenient, I agree, though all the different receipts they give at each place (that aren't standardly formatted from restaurant to restaurant) confuse me. Regardless, its the Deluxe DP for us again!:cool::marg: