PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Towers

lulu'smom
01-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Would someone tell me how they are coming along with construction> Does it look like they will be opened on schedule? I was thinking to trying to rent points for a stay in November, but does it look like the rooms will be ready? Or am I crazy?

dmosher
01-04-2009, 02:36 PM
So far the only information I have been able to get officially is it will be open in Late Fall 2009. So as it stands, you may be able to make it in November, guess we will have to wait and see what develops.
:pipes:
D

Ian
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
As far as I'm aware, the official opening date is still scheduled for September 1st, 2009.

When we were there last month, we thought the construction was coming along nicely. I have no trouble believing they'll be done in another 8 months.

Thumper03
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
We checked it out Thursday (New Years Day). Glass in the windows, some type of blinds or curtains hung, work coming along on the walkway connecting to the A-frame. :thumbsup:
The model that DVC is showing is still at SSR.

DVC Mike
01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Would someone tell me how they are coming along with construction> Does it look like they will be opened on schedule? I was thinking to trying to rent points for a stay in November, but does it look like the rooms will be ready? Or am I crazy?

Yes, the rooms scheduled to be opened will be ready.

RAIDER
01-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I saw the construction of it in Dec and it looked really impressive .I cant wait to see it it for real in Sept :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
01-18-2009, 04:10 PM
The construction is coming along very nicely. I have a lot of good pictures of the construction when we were just there. We also went and checked the show-rooms and DBF and I are planning our trip around staying there. When we talked to our DVC agent on Saturday it is scheduled to be opened on time. The good news is two days before we left we took the monorail and when we drove by one section of scaff-foldings were down on the very left side. :mickey: (Or rather is was the left side when we were looking at it from the monorail)

wjrhw
01-20-2009, 09:56 AM
We were stopped on the monorail across from BLT this past Friday (01/16/09) and it looked like it was really coming along. The part directly facing the Magic Kingdom looked almost complete and many of the rooms had lights on and looked furnished from my perspective. I don't know when they will be done, but I was impressed with how far they've come since August when I was there last.