PDA

View Full Version : Dining w Nephews Poll 2 DHS & AK

Crow
01-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Part Deux. this time thoughts on DHS & AK and trying to decide which my nephews would like also..
DHS:
SciFI- I ate there once, nephews would like the atmosphere Im thinking
50s-Ive tried it. Fook ok but I dont have to neccessarily return
AK:
Flame Tree- ate here once & thought it was good.
Yak & Yeti-Tried it last trip & liked it. It was the inside not the CS
Pizzafari-well pizza is a staple in my diet but havent tried it. heard the sandwhich is good
Please help me decide on 1 place for DHS & your 2 choices for AK

SBETigg
01-04-2009, 02:46 PM
DHS, Sci-Fi gets dissed, but we've found tolerable food at lunch hours and the atmosphere is lots of fun. The interaction at 50s Prime Time is a total turn off for me, and I would guess not a thrill for teen nephews.

At AK, Flametree and Yak and Yeti.

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I think Sci-Fi would be a great pic for lunch (but not dinner). The atmosphere is unique and fun and the DNs might really enjoy it.

As for AK, my DS really likes Flametree (ribs figure high as one of his basic four food groups). We also like Pizzafari though and I thought their chicken parm sandwich was pretty good. I was not terribly impressed by Y&Y's CS menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeticounter.asp) though (the TS (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeti.asp) does get good reviews though), and would pass it up if you're going to go to Nine Dragons on one of your EPCOT days.

BTW, just wanted to say what a good uncle you are!

KatMark
01-04-2009, 05:07 PM
For AK, we loved our meal at Yak & Yeti and plan to eat there again in September. As for the pizza, we refuse to eat Disney pizza--yuk!

At the Studios, we have not done Prime or Sci-Fi in years (we always eat at Mama Melrose). If we had to choose between Prime or Sci-Fi, we'd choose Prime.

Crow
01-05-2009, 01:33 AM
thanks
Im leaning towards SCIFI for lunch on a day at DHS
and FlameTree for a CS where we could maybe split a meal or Yak for TS
BTW thanks for the compliment....this is my effort to be a good uncle. was going to go somewhere else but decided to do it for the nephews since they have never been

Goes4FastPass
01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Tusker House (buffet at AK) might be a good fit for your group.

There are MANY choices on the buffet and it felt like a good break from the park when we were there.

tinksmom02
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I agree with others, Sci Fi at DHS but for lunch.

As for AK, we've only ever eaten at Tusker House (breakfast buffet). It was good, though, and I've heard great things about the lunch/dinner buffet...is that something your nephews might like?

Kairi_7378
01-06-2009, 08:40 AM
At AK, I would do a CS meal at Flame Tree. If you want to do TS, I'd pick Tuskar House. I enjoy the food at Flame Tree and the portions are big (probably a good consideration for a 12 and 15 year old!). Tuskar House would be good because it's a buffet and it would be a chance to get out of the heat. Since you were considering Asian food in your Epcot poll I'd avoid Yak and Yeti and try something a little different.

The Studios are tough... we usually snack here and hop to Epcot for a meal. Sci Fi might be a good lunch choice though.

KylesMom
01-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Sci-Fi at DHS (burgers & onion rings are great for lunch).

We usually hit Pizzafari for an early lunch - pizza, breadsticks & a cold beverage. This place usually gets high marks with DH and DS, especially since it's nice & COOL in there. We've never eaten at Flametree since we always need to be significantly chilled by this time of the day at AK, and from what I remember they only have outdoor seating.

We're going to try Yak & Yeti TS this time around for one of our AK meals . . . but the other visit will definitely be to Pizzafari!