PDA

View Full Version : Need A Question Answered From A Cast Member

Frankie Naps
01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Hello, I was just wondering if I ever gotten a job with disney world in the next few years and I have a tattoo down my back arm which you see a tiny bit of it but it is not explicit will I be able to work for disney? What do people do when they must cover a tattoo on their arm?

DizneyRox
01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Disney had a very restrictive dress code. I'm not sure if it has been relaxed. I would say, you might need to wear long sleeve shirts, and in that Florida summer heat, WOWZERS!

joanna71985
01-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Hello, I was just wondering if I ever gotten a job with disney world in the next few years and I have a tattoo down my back arm which you see a tiny bit of it but it is not explicit will I be able to work for disney? What do people do when they must cover a tattoo on their arm?

You can work for Disney and have a tattoo. However, it needs to be covered. So if it's on your arm, you may need to wear long sleeves.

tinklover
01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
My BFF has quite a few tattoos and the day she got married her mom's only wish was to see her in her wedding dress and not see any of her tattoos. She found this stuff called tattoo camo or something like that and llet me tell you. I was teh one who helped her get ready that morning and you could not see any of her tats thru this stuff it was amazing. it lasted all day and did not rub aff with all teh hugs she got and with how hot it was that day. just a lil something to think about verses long sleaves in florida.

Figaro
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm a lifeguard with WDW and a few of the guards also have tattoos. That makeup that covers the tattoos is acceptable to use. If your costume has long sleeves, wear long sleeves, and if not and it doesn't cover it, use the makeup.

Zone Stop
01-05-2009, 01:11 AM
There's a girl I know who works Bell Services, and she covers her tattoo on her leg with something that looks like she's just bandanging a sprain or whatnot.

TheRustyScupper
01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
There's a girl I know who works Bell Services, and she covers her tattoo on her leg with something that looks like she's just bandanging a sprain or whatnot.

I'm a lifeguard with WDW and a few of the guards also have tattoos. That makeup that covers the tattoos is acceptable to use. If your costume has long sleeves, wear long sleeves, and if not and it doesn't cover it, use the makeup.

1) As mentioned, tats cannot be visible - whether nice or crude.
2) Almost anything that covers them is acceptable.
3) They will ask you about VISIBLE tats during the interview.
4) They will also ask to see them to verify they can be covered.

GrumpyFan
01-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I thought I saw somewhere that sometimes they would consider people with visible tatoos to work the overnight shift or in non-guest interacting roles. Is this true or not?

DizneyRox
01-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I thought I saw somewhere that sometimes they would consider people with visible tatoos to work the overnight shift or in non-guest interacting roles. Is this true or not?
Used to be a cast member was a cast member.