PDA

View Full Version : QS locations- can I get hot water?

DisneyAndRedSox
01-04-2009, 09:41 AM
OK, this is a crazy quesiton... We are going in a week and looks like it is getting cold at night and we love to get hot chocolate in the park when watching parades, etc. My mom only drinks sugar-free so she will bring a packet of instant with her. Will quick service restaurants just give us a cup of hot water or fill-up her own travel mug? If they charge, does anyone know how much? Thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-04-2009, 09:53 AM
They won't charge, just go up to the counter and politely ask for a cup of hot water for your drink. They will give it to you.

DisneyAndRedSox
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
WOW you are quick, thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-05-2009, 02:09 AM
I spend a lot of time lurking and posting on these boards. It's not a good thing.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
This is an excellent question that I would have never thought of. I just recently realized my sugar was getting too high, and while watching Samantha Brown's Disney Holiday special (I think that is where I saw it) she talked about hot chocolate, and I thought to myself that I wouldn't be able to drink that if I ever went.

So sugar-free hot chocolate it is!!

emmatink
01-16-2009, 10:58 AM
We had to get many cups of hot water on our trip in December of 2005 and they never charged us a cent. They were to warm our daughters formula up though, she was soooo picky! It had to be the right temperature or she would not drink it!!

BMan62
01-16-2009, 12:36 PM
My DW is the same with her tea -- she only drink Red Rose, so we end up bringing bags with us and getting plain hot water for her.

goofy for pluto
01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Great idea to drink tea in the parks.
I would gladly buy my DS a hot chocolate, if I coud get some hot water for myself to brew a cup of tea.
:)

ElenitaB
01-16-2009, 11:15 PM
This is an excellent question that I would have never thought of. I just recently realized my sugar was getting too high, and while watching Samantha Brown's Disney Holiday special (I think that is where I saw it) she talked about hot chocolate, and I thought to myself that I wouldn't be able to drink that if I ever went.

So sugar-free hot chocolate it is!!
Sam Brown was referring to the hot cocoa at MVMCP... as it turns out, both sugar-free hot cocoa and sugar-free cookies are available during that event as reported in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=147178). :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow! Even better. Thanks for the info.:mickey: