PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars - Season 8

Melanie
01-04-2009, 05:48 AM
I guess this is a good enough reason to start the thread for the new season premiering in March.

All I can say is.....WHAT???? Where did I miss that these two were dating? I used to like Maks. :unsure:

From E! Online:

Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are looking to perfect their pas de deux.

The Dancing With the Stars pros took the whole ringing in the New Year literally, getting engaged just before the calendar flipped to Jan. 1, a source close to the couple confirms to E! News. Chmerkovsky sealed the deal with a Harry Winston number.

No official comment so far from the hoofers' respective camps.

The betrothal came between DWTS tour dates in Salt Lake City and Tulsa, Okla.—and a little more than six months after Smirnoff, 30, announced she and former Dancing partner Mario Lopez had ended their two-year relationship.

She and fellow Ukraine native Chmerkovskiy, 28, hooked up shortly thereafter.

Chermkovskiy joined DWTS in season two and last season partnered with Misty May-Treanor. Smirnoff has been on since season three, most recently teaming with Rocco DiSpirito.

No word on a wedding date, but both are expected back when season eight kicks off March 9.

Nini
01-04-2009, 06:02 AM
I kind of wondered after Tom Bergeron made a comment last season: Maks and Karina had danced either all or part of one of those special pro only exhibition dances, and as they were leaving the dance floor Bergeron said something like "Get a room you two!". Made me wonder if they were an item.

Awfully quick engagement though. But then they've probably known each other for quite a while.

Anyone know when they're going to announce the Stars for this coming season?

Denise :mickey:

Jenemmy
01-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Just read that this morning before I hopped on Intercot :confused: Oh well....at least Maks is coming back next season.....

IamBelle
01-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I have heard a rumor that they are trying to get Stevie Wonder on the show. They said it wasn't impossible for him, I find this interesting...What they do for ratings..

Melanie
01-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Anyone know when they're going to announce the Stars for this coming season?

I just read in another (unrelated) article that the stars will be announced in the next few weeks.

TheDuckRocks
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
OK, I'm going to be totally mean here! Has Maks completely taken leave of his mind??? She just comes across as so hard.:noway:

Melanie
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, what Kay said! :ditto:

TheDuckRocks
01-06-2009, 10:18 AM
When I broke the news to my daughter, she reminded me that Maks had been engaged before to the red-haired sulky drancer that broke off the engagement and married Jonathon. Anna Somethingorothervich maybe??? My daugters remark was that Maks sure does have questionable taste in women.

Melanie
01-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Maks had been engaged before to the red-haired sulky drancer that broke off the engagement and married Jonathon.

Wow, I didn't know that! Going from Maks to Jonathan is a BIG difference. Weird.

Stich8818
01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
When I broke the news to my daughter, she reminded me that Maks had been engaged before to the red-haired sulky drancer that broke off the engagement and married Jonathon. Anna Somethingorothervich maybe??? My daugters remark was that Maks sure does have questionable taste in women.

And what's funny is that Anna seems very mean also..like Karina..and Johnathon seems really nice also...the whole opposites attract thing I guess..

pixiesmimi
01-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Is Maks not the one who they were trying to find a date for on a reality show? Or am I thinking about someone else?

Since he is the same nationality, maybe he likes women with that kind of personality. It might be a national trait. :)

missymouseworld
01-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Did anyone see if they announced the new contestants for Season 8 Dancing yet?

sgdisney
02-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Did anyone see if they announced the new contestants for Season 8 Dancing yet?

They are going to be announced this Sunday during Extreme Makeover, Desparate Housewifes and Brothers & Sisters. ABC is calling it name drop night.

murphy1
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone hear any leaks? I will really miss Julianne next season, she is such a doll!

missymouseworld
02-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Another football guy, LT, Lawrence Taylor from the NY Giants. He is the only one I heard is a definite.

Stitchahula
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I heard that Donny Osmond announced that he was going to be on the show this season. I was a little shocked that they got engaged pretty quick. She was just involved with Mario Lopez then next you hear she's engaged to Maks. I wonder if it's a publicity stunt.

LittleSpirit02
02-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Anyone hear any leaks? I will really miss Julianne next season, she is such a doll!

I didn't realise she wouldn't be on this coming season. :( She's definitely my favorite pro. Is she doing more w/country music now?

Melanie
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I heard that Donny Osmond announced that he was going to be on the show this season.

Yes, and then he turned right around and said he wasn't, that he MAY be on in the fall. That was weird.

And yes, Julianne said she was taking some time to concentrate on her singing.

Tinkerbellaella
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I read that Karina Smirnoff has just had knee surgery and is recovering with Mak by her side. They said she will be recovered in time for the new season on March 9th.

pixiesmimi
02-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Yes, and then he turned right around and said he wasn't, that he MAY be on in the fall. That was weird.

And yes, Julianne said she was taking some time to concentrate on her singing.

I saw an interview with him and he said No, he certainly wasn't going to do it this time but possibly in the fall.

Stich8818
02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
The lastes I had read was that...

- Jewel - Singer
- Steve O -....um...do I put stuntman for him?
- Denise Richards - Actress
- Lawance Taylor - NFL Great

Those were just on E online this morning..They are still saying that Donny Osmond will be on the show.

Melanie
02-09-2009, 12:24 AM
ABC.com:

13 NEW STARS GET SET TO SHOWCASE THEIR FANCY FOOTWORK AS DANCING WITH THE STARS RETURNS FOR ITS EIGHTH SEASON, MONDAY, MARCH 9 ON ABC

An all new cast of celebrities hits the dance floor on ABC's Dancing with the Stars with the highly anticipated two-hour season premiere MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2009 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on ABC. Season Eight introduces us to 13 new stars including the youngest competitor to date, an NFL legend, a computer icon, a female rapper, three music artists, and a Wildboy. Additionally, love is a battlefield, when for the first time three real life couples take the ballroom floor. Husband and wife, Ty Murray and Jewel, compete for bragging rights while newly engaged professional dancers, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff, go head-to-head. To top it off, country crooner, Chuck Wicks teams with girlfriend and two-time Dancing with the Stars champ, Julianne Hough.

Dancing with the Stars returns with new surprises and all the elements viewers have come to know and love including the Kids Ballroom competition. Macy's Stars of Dance, which features some of the most renowned dancers and choreographers of our time will also be back on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show along with its hugely popular Design a Dance competition. Design a Dance is sponsored by Macy's and made its debut last season. In addition, couples will once again take part in a team dance, group dance and face off as well as perform the Argentine Tango and East Coast Swing; a first in the series. And in an exciting new twist, the bottom two couples facing elimination will Dance Off to determine who is dismissed in the first weeks of competition.

As announced on ABC's All Night Name Drop, in alphabetical order, the 13 stars making their ballroom dancing debut are:

BELINDA CARLISLE -- Belinda Carlisle is not only known as the lead singer of the Go-Go's, the most successful all-female band of all time, but also as one of the late 80's most glamorous adult pop soloists. The Go-Gos' 1981 multi-platinum hit debut, "Beauty and the Beat," spawned mega hits "Our Lips Are Sealed" and "We Got the Beat" and made the Go-Go's the first all-female band (who wrote their own music and played their own instruments) to achieve a #1 album. The following years saw continued success for the girls with hits "Vacation," "Head Over Heels," and "Turn To You." Belinda led off her solo career with the gold debut "Belinda," and followed with huge mainstream hits "Mad About You," "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" and "I Get Weak," to name a few. Since then, Belinda has released 5 more albums, including 2007's French pop collection, "Voila," and continues to tour internationally, both with her Go-Go's sisters and as a solo artist.

DAVID ALAN GRIER -- Grier is often recognized for his work in television and film - in TV he is known from roles in In Living Color, Life with Bonnie with Bonnie Hunt, DAG, and most recently, Chocolate News for Comedy Central. In the feature film world, Grier has played memorable characters in numerous feature film roles, including <snip>, The Woodsman opposite Kevin Bacon and Mos Def, 15 Minutes, Boomerang, Bewitched, Jumanji, and Robert Altman's Streamers. A multi-talented and Yale School of Drama trained actor, Grier began his professional career on Broadway as Jackie Robinson in The First, for which he earned a Tony nomination. He then joined the cast of Dreamgirls, went on to star opposite Denzel Washington in A Soldier's Play; both actors continued their roles in the film version, A Soldier's Story.

JEWEL -- She grew up on a remote ranch in Alaska where her family were original pioneers. From poverty and teen homelessness, to the triumph of international stardom, the three-time Grammy nominee has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists and has sold twenty-seven million albums worldwide. Her debut album "Pieces of You" became one of the best selling debut albums of all time, going platinum twelve times. Last year, singer/songwriter Jewel released her first country record "Perfectly Clear" which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In May 2009, she will release an album of original and traditional lullabies. Jewel lives on a working ranch in Stephenville, Texas with her husband, World Champion bull-riding superstar, Ty Murray.

SHAWN JOHNSON -- The youngest ever competitor on Dancing with the Stars, 17 year-old Olympian Shawn Johnson was the gold medalist in balance beam at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing where she also earned 3 silver medals in the team, floor exercise and individual all-around categories. The current two-time National Champion and high-school Junior Johnson appeared on a limited edition Cheerios box in early 2009, led the pledge of allegiance at last year's Democratic National Convention in Denver, was a headliner of last fall's Tour of Gymnastics Superstars and was named Choice Female Athlete at the 2008 Teen Choice Awards. Her debut biography Shawn Johnson: Olympic Champion: Stories Behind the Smile was released in December.

LIL' KIM -- Born Kimberly Denise Jones, Lil' Kim, is a Grammy Award winning multi-platinum rapper, singer, actress, and fashion icon. She is one of three female rappers to have a #1 Billboard Hot 100 hit with 2001's Lady Marmalade, featuring Christina Aguilera, Pink, & Mưa. As an actress, she appeared on television shows such as Moesha and The Game, and on her own reality series Countdown to Lockdown, which has the hightest-rated premiere in BET's history. On film, she has appeared in Zoolander, She's All That, Juwanna Man, and You Got Served. She is currently working on her 5th studio album is expected to be released in 2009.

GILLES MARINI -- Gilles Marini exploded onto the scene as Dante, the Casanova living in the beach house next door to Kim Cattrall's Samantha in the Sex and the City movie, a role which has earned him international recognition. Born and raised in France, Gilles joined the French army and was stationed in Paris, where he acted as a fireman for the famous Brigade des Sapeurs Pompiers de Paris. After fulfilling his military duties, Gilles decided to go to the United States to learn English while working as a model. Gilles, who has appeared in series such as Ugly Betty, Dirty Sexy Money, and Criminal Minds, will next be seen as Vanessa Redgrave's husband on FX's Nip/Tuck. Gilles currently resides in California with his wife Carole, son Georges, and daughter Juliana.

TY MURRAY -- Ty Murray has been labeled the most accomplished rodeo athlete in the century-long history of the sport. With a record-setting seven All-Around World Championship titles and two bull riding world titles under his belt, Murray has truly earned his nickname as "King of the Cowboys." Now retired from competition, Murray spends his time with his singer-songwriter wife, Jewel, on their 2,100-acre private ranch in Stephenville, Texas. Murray may have retired in the arena but he hasn't slowed down as a cowboy. In 2004, Murray helped shepherd National Day of the Horse unanimously through the U.S. Senate, encouraging Americans "to be mindful of the contribution of horses to economy, history and character of the United States." He runs his working cattle ranch and trains horses throughout the year. Additionally, he remains active with the Professional Bull Riders, Inc. (PBR), an organization he and 19 other elite bull riders founded in 1992. Murray serves as a board advisor, promotes a top level bull riding event in his hometown, and provides TV commentary for PBR events on NBC and VERSUS.

Melanie
02-09-2009, 12:27 AM
STEVE-O -- Determined to build a career in television and film, Steve-O, a.k.a. Stephen Glover, sent his self-produced videos to anyone he thought might watch them including Jeff Tremiane (MTV's <snip> creator/director/producer). Steve-O wrote himself a "mile of work" to do for Tremaine and <snip>. When MTV rejected his more dangerous ideas, Steve-O produced his own "too hot for TV" video series and stage show with the Don't Try This At Home Tour. Steve-O also starred in his own show for MTV - Wildboyz.

NANCY O'DELL -- The co-Anchor of Access Hollywood, O'Dell has contributed reports to NBC's Today Show and Dateline NBC. Beyond covering events such as The Oscars, The Emmys, The Grammys and The Golden Globe Awards, O'Dell has been chosen by NBC for the last eight years to host two of their big annual network broadcasts, The Golden Globes Arrivals Special and The Tournament of Roses Parade. Not only is O'Dell one of the country's most respected and leading entertainment journalists, she has also appeared in numerous films including: Thank You For Smoking, Scream 2, Scream 3, Martin Lawrence Live: Runteldat, and television series: 30 Rock, Project Runway, Charmed, Joey, Third Watch, Beverly Hills, 90210, Days of Our Lives, Melrose Place, General Hospital, Just Shoot Me and Ally McBeal among others. Although O'Dell maintains a busy work schedule, she regularly makes time for philanthropic endeavors. The Muscular Dystrophy Association, American Red Cross, the March of Dimes, Best Buddies, Best Buddies, and Childhelp USA have all benefited from her time and efforts. She resides in Los Angeles with her husband Keith, their daughter, Ashby, and two stepsons, Tyler and Carson.

DENISE RICHARDS -- Known for her roles in films such as Wild Things and Starship Troopers, Denise Richards got her start as a fashion model before making her way into television and movies. She was cast as Bond girl and geo-physicist "Christmas Jones" in the 1999 James Bond film The World Is Not Enough as well as appearing in films such as Drop Dead Gorgeous, Undercover Brother, and Scary Movie 3. In addition to her film work, Richards has made regular appearances in comedies Spin City, Two and a Half Men, Friends and Seinfeld. She is currently working on her second season of her own reality television show, Denise Richards: It's Complicated airing on E! Entertainment Television.

LAWRENCE TAYLOR -- Widely regarded as the greatest defensive player in the history of the National Football League, Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor rewrote the record book and built a legendary following during one of the most storied careers in the history of American sport. Taylor spent his entire career with the New York Giants, leading them to two Super Bowl titles. Taylor was the first player in the history to be selected to the Pro Bowl in ten consecutive seasons. He was also an unanimous selection to the NFL's 75th Anniversary team, which honored the top players in the history of the game, was the NFL's Rookie of the Year in 1981, Most Valuable Player in 1986 and was the three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. LAWRENCE was inducted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1999. LT has written two best selling books (Living on the Edge and Over The Edge), has appeared in feature films (including Any Given Sunday, The Waterboy and Shaft) and is an avid golfer and philanthropist.

CHUCK WICKS -- A gifted songwriter and vocalist, Chuck Wicks made a compelling impression with his Top 5 smash, Stealing Cinderella, the fastest-rising single by a debut country act in 2007. By the time his first album, Starting Now (RCA Nashville), was released in January 2008, he had begun a year-long 750,000 fan-packed tour opening for superstar Brad Paisley. Chuck Wicks co-penned 10 of the 11 songs on his debut CD, including his 2nd hit, All I Ever Wanted, and the new single, Man of the House, a touching story-song about a boy taking on beyond-his-years responsibilities as his father is on military assignment.

STEVE WOZNIAK -- A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, a.k.a. The Woz, helped shape the computer industry with his design of Apple's first line of products, the Apple I and II, and influenced the popular Macintosh. After leaving Apple Computer Inc. in 1985, Wozniak was involved in various business and philanthropic ventures, focusing primarily on computer capabilities in schools and stressing hands-on learning and encouraging creativity for students. In 2000, he was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame and was awarded the prestigious Heinz Award for Technology, The Economy and Employment. Wozniak is also a published author with the release of his New York Times Best Selling autobiography, iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon, in September 2006.

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the Dancing with the Stars performance shows. AT&T subscribers may also text message their votes by texting the word VOTE and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (standard text message rates apply). Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast and until 12:00 Noon, ET the following day.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Home Videos) and Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Melanie
02-09-2009, 12:32 AM
The rest of the pairings will be announced Thursday, February 12.

A few random thoughts - a few twists with the reveal tonight. I love the fact that Jewel and Ty Murray are both on. That should be fun! And Julianne wasn't supposed to come back this season. ??? Maybe they lured her back by letting her boyfriend compete with her??? Interesting. And Shawn Johnson is such a cutie. I think she can do well, but wow, she's young! I bet they'll put Denise Richards with Maks.

murphy1
02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I must be getting old, b/c I don't know some of these people. I think Nancy and Shawn will probably do really well, but I always root for the male athlete for some reason, I loved Warren Sapp, so I think Lawrence Taylor will do well. They are going to have to bleep Denise Richards, she has a potty mouth from what I've heard.

coloradowendyl
02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Based on a few of the "stars" in that list, I am going to say something I never thought I would say lol...compared to Lil Kim, Steve O, and Denise Richards...Cloris Leachman looked like the model contestant!

Call me a prude, but this is supposed to be a family show...somehow Steve O and Lil Kim are not exactly G or even PG material! The sensors may be doing alot of "bleeping" with those two.

At least the football player is not John Elway as previously rumored. Denver's media would been absolutely nausating over his every move.

I will be very interested to see how Jewel and Nancy Odell do in the competetion and David Allen Grier. Shawn Johnson will be fun to watch as well.

Wendy

MNNHFLTX
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
What an interesting group! I look forward to seeing Belinda Carlisle, Steve Wozniak, Jewel, Ty Murray, Shawn Johnson and David Alan Grier (he is so funny!) And I think Denise Richards lucked out in getting on the show (sorry, as you can tell I am not a fan).

TheDuckRocks
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
OK, Marilyn Michetti told me recently that I am now officially the oldest person posting on a regular basis here on Intercot (she loves the fact that I'm 6 months older than she is and equally loves to rub it in).
That being the case you all will think I'm naughty but after seeing Gilles Marini in the Sex and The City movie, I'm hoping he dances really well so he stays around for a long, long time.:blush:

murphy1
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Kay, you made me spit out my drink, you are too funny! You are definitely a hip lady (60 is the new 40 and I have people tell me I am the new 30 LOL) I just caught Gilles, he should be great on the show, I hope they pair him with Edyta or Kim.

Melanie
02-21-2009, 04:06 AM
Here are the pairs:

Lil’ Kim and Derek Hough

Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff

Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer

Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough

Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts

David Alan Grier and Kym Johnson

Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas

Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska

Nancy O’Dell and Tony Dovolani

Jewel and Dmitry Chaplin

Ty Murray and Chelsie Hightower

Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke

Some of the 'pair types' have gotten predictable, like Tony and Jonathan (always get the middle aged women) and even Edyta (who always seems to get an athlete). And I saw the Denise Richards/Maks partnership coming from a mile away.

TennesseeTink
02-21-2009, 10:07 AM
That being the case you all will think I'm naughty but after seeing Gilles Marini in the Sex and The City movie, I'm hoping he dances really well so he stays around for a long, long time.:blush:

Amen sister!!!:exactly:

beksy
03-03-2009, 10:16 PM

You said it! When we rented that movie we kept seeming to need to pause on his scenes for some reason :secret: I know who I'm rooting for this season!

Stich8818
03-05-2009, 05:13 PM
From Eonline...

Holly Madison's Quick Step to Dancing
By Marc Malkin
Wed Mar 4, 2:52 PM PST

The bunny hop is coming to Dancing With the Stars

Sources confirm that Girl Next Door Holly Madison will replace Jewel in the new season of ABC's hit reality competition show.

I'm told that the Jewel-Madison switcheroo happened pretty quickly, too.

Madison agreed to join the celeb dance-off on Monday, and by yesterday she was already rehearsing at an L.A. studio with partner Dmitry Chaplin

Although Jewel insisted that a case of tendinitis in her knees would not sideline her, doctors have apparently told the songbird to hang up her dancing shoes.

Reps for Madison, Jewel and ABC declined to comment.

The gig could be just the thing for Madison right now to help get her mind off of ex-boyfriend Criss Angel

She and the Mindfreak showman split in late February. Madison had spent most of the last four months in Las Vegas to be by his side, but she returned to L.A. late last month as a single woman.

Melanie
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
From People.com

Jewel and Nancy O’Dell Withdraw from Dancing

Singer Jewel and Access Hollywood host Nancy O’Dell are withdrawing from participating in Dancing with the Stars, ABC announced Thursday.

Both women have suffered knee injuries during rehearsals in recent weeks. Jewel was diagnosed with a fractured tibia in both legs, while O’Dell has a torn meniscus that will require surgery.

“Though we share in their disappointment that they can no longer continue, their physical well-being takes precedent above all else. We thank them both for giving it their all and wish them a quick and full recovery,” Dancing Executive Producer Conrad Green said in a press release.

Their replacements will be announced on the season eight premiere on Monday, March 9 on ABC.

Melanie
03-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Bummer. I was looking forward to the husband-wife thing. :unsure:

coloradowendyl
03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
It would be cool if they snagged Misty to come back for Nancy. She wouldn't be paired with Max but she has enough training to step in at the last minute. Just a thought!

Holly Madison doesn't thrill me in the least...the other rumor out there is Heidi Montag which actually would be even worse.

Wendy

Stitchahula
03-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh god I don't know if I'd be able to watch if they had Heidi on that would be as bad as having Paris Hilton.
If you could pick the replacement who would you pick. Me I would like to see Hugh Jackman.

Stitchahula
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I just realized it would need to be a female so I guess maybe Jennifer Aniston, or Heather Locklear.

missymouseworld
03-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Looks like Melissa from The Bachelor is replacing Nancy O'Dell. Holly Madison replacing Jewel. I guess getting dumped on national TV makes you celebrity enough to Dance with the Stars. ABC really knows how to capitalize on a story. Good luck to all.

LauraleeH
03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm excited to see Melissa on this show...it will be the first time I've ever really watched DWTS.

indytraveler
03-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Stars? Where are they?
Either I'm too old or too out of touch. Maybe both. Is this Fonzie jumping over the sharks for this show? Hopefully the C - list stars can dance a little. Finding replacements this late will help the stars who can't dance last a couple of weeks. How did that go asking Melissa??? Say, since you were dumped a couple of weeks ago and you're not doing anything on tv... Do you want to dance?

murphy1
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I thought you guys would all be on here already! I really liked Holly and Melissa, has Holly had any dance training? She looked like she had danced before. Shawn is cute, but I think this whole thing again is that a few of these people already have some kind of training. Hello, Gilles! I think he has lots of fans and Cheryl may get her title back. I loved Julianne and her boyfriend and also Ty was so cute.

KarenP
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Melissa was my fave last night.

TennesseeTink
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I thought you guys would all be on here already! I really liked Holly and Melissa, has Holly had any dance training? She looked like she had danced before. Shawn is cute, but I think this whole thing again is that a few of these people already have some kind of training. Hello, Gilles! I think he has lots of fans and Cheryl may get her title back. I loved Julianne and her boyfriend and also Ty was so cute.

Cheryl said that Gilles did not have a fan base. Hello! Has she not seen the movie?! He was my favorite of all the guys. And Shawn and Melissa were my favorite of the girls. I don't watch The Bachelor so I don't know anything about Melissa and, frankly, was expecting a disaster since she had only 2 DAYS to train, but WOW, did she pull it out! I hope it's a sign of things to come and she doesn't putter out.

Lynn J Mc
03-10-2009, 02:31 PM
This show is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Sorry if I offend anyone but I no longer see this as a family show. Too bad that me 8 YO niece loves it. i can't see her getting to watch it much longer.

coloradowendyl
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Gotta say...he was a pathetic dancer, but I loved the Woz's attitude...he was exuding happiness!

Poor Ty...I think he is very shy and just felt completely out of his element. LT reminded me of Clyde Drexler...I think he may exit quickly.

Melissa was great, Shawn was good and so was Giles, and I was pleasantly surprised by Lil Kim.

Denise danced like a wooden spoon...she reminded me of Kim K last season!

I hope both replacements get to stay a few weeks. It was very brave of them to step up and dance with little to no time to acclimate and practice.

Wendy

murphy1
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Denise danced like a wooden spoon...she reminded me of Kim K last season!

Wendy

Yes and Bruno even gave her pretty much the same critique that Kim got, but I will say she was a little better than Kim at least. I missed Lil' Kim, but heard she was pretty good.

brad192
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Except for my large schoolboy crush on Edyta, :blush: I have only one word to say about this season's "stars" - yawn...:bored:

Stitchahula
03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Does anyone else feel like Bruno and Len switched personalities. All of a sudden Len was being nice and Bruno was bashing people. I did like Ty I hope he gets to stay another week to see if he loosens up some. I used to watch him bull riding so this is a huge difference for him. I can't stand Denise do I'm glad she wasn't very good. I really like Shawn and Gilles I hope they go far.

RedSoxFan
03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I enjoyed the show for the most part.
Gilles --- well --- he's my favorite right now.

princessjojo
03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Gilles, well.......I can't say out loud what my head is saying, but he is very easy to watch. I like Shawn as well. Ty kinda looked like he just got off the bull. I think it's going to be hard for him to get that cowboy tightness out of him, if you know what I mean. But I'm just curious. Did they choose Melissa because of the whole "poor Melissa" thing or what. Sure she was wronged by Jason and I feel like many others do, but lets move along now. She was already a dancer of sorts wasn't she? I seem to recall she was a Dallas Cowgirl wasn't she, or did my mind make that up? And Holly..ugh...

Stitchahula
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
They said that Melissa had training in ballet, I don't know how fair that is. I mean she didn't stink and she only had 2 days shows she had some training before. As for Holly well I thought this was supposed to be a family show, kind of hard to tell the kids how she got famous. This season so far isn't getting me too excited just because of the "stars" they dug up.

TheDuckRocks
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I have already informed my hubby that any drolling and heavy sighs being done during Cheyl's dances are completely accidental and have nothing to do with Gilles.:thedolls:

Stich8818
03-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I felt kind of "unfulfilled" so far.. Now I know that it was only the first episode but I hope that it improves.

Giles and Shawn are the odds on favorites to win, unless someone comes from out of nowere...

Melanie
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Gilles, Shawn and Melissa did great! There really isn't anyone I dislike this season.

On a side note, did Real Housewife watchers notice Betheny sitting behind Tom when he was doing his spiels. At least I think it was Betheny. And to go even further, I think it was Tammy Knickerbocker sitting beside her. :confused:

indytraveler
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
At least some of the "stars" improved. I think LT will get better. Something about football players with nimble feet. Shawn has constant smile on her face. Who wouldn't if you were her. Maybe I'll keep watching, probably.

I just like watching for the "Hidden Mickey" on the opening of the telecast.

murphy1
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I have already informed my hubby that any drolling and heavy sighs being done during Cheyl's dances are completely accidental and have nothing to do with Gilles.:thedolls:

LOL, I love Gilles, he better win this thing, everyone call! Is that his wife or sister they showed? And was that adorable boy they showed last week his son? He looks like he's had dance training too.

Shawn and Melissa are very cute. I guess this is pretty predictable, it will be these three in the finals. I loved Ty, he was great and Lawrence and David G. too. I really think Steve needs to leave. I was very excited to see Nick Verreos on my Facebook post that he designed Carrie Ann's dress last night (he was the designer from Project Runway, I have the Barbie he was nice enough to autograph for me when he won his challenge).

Mel, I noticed Bethenny, my 9 yo pointed her out to me. I didn't know that was Tammy next to her.

TheDuckRocks
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Steve-O needs to Go-O! I'm sorry that he was hurt but he really can't dance. OK, the computer geek billionaire can't either but he seems to be having a great time.
I'm very glad that Gilles and Cheryl are doing so well, this will make my Dancing viewing more enjoyable.:cloud9:

MickeyMousse
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Stars? Where are they?
Either I'm too old or too out of touch. Maybe both.

:ditto:

This is the first season that I am not watching. There's nobody that really has intrigued me enough to tune in this time around. :(

RedSoxFan
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
I thought Gilles, Shawn and Melissa were the best and probably the ones to beat. There were lots of improvement with the other dancers. I'm guessing the computer guy or Steve O will be eliminated tonight.

Melanie
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Mel, I noticed Bethenny, my 9 yo pointed her out to me. I didn't know that was Tammy next to her.

Good, I'm glad I'm not losing it. ;) I'm not sure if it was Tammy, but it looked like her.

coloradowendyl
03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Last night was just OK in my opinion. Melissa and Gilles and Shawn were good, but I am really disappointed with Julianne. She has always been a favorite, but I think the producers "boyfriend/girlfriend" twist is going to get old very quick! It would have been much more interesting if they had paired Chuck with another dancer and they had competeted against each other! I am hoping this season improves...right now I would just give it a 5 out of 10 !

Just my 2 cents worth!
Wendy

DisneyLandMomma
03-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I agree with you about Julianne and her boyfriend. She did all the dancing last night and then said she thought he did a great job, doing what?? Standing there while she danced around? :confused:

I like Ty and Shawn...they are my favs so far. :blush:

murphy1
03-18-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm so glad Woz was saved! I really like him. I look at the show as a nice diversion from all the bad news we keep getting bombarded with like stupid AIG. But I really hope SteveO is gone soon, his stupidity is what got him hurt.

Brad, I just can't understand what you see in Edyta (:D, I love her, she has such a great personality that matches her gorgeousness).

Mel, that was Tammy, I looked at her during some of the clips.

GothMickey
03-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Who got the boot last night?

Melanie
03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Who got the boot last night?

Belinda Carlisle

GothMickey
03-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Belinda Carlisle

I didn't think she would be the first to go. I thought Woz or Lil Kim would be out first.

Stich8818
03-18-2009, 09:50 AM
I really thought that Belinda would do better then that. I mean she had a good partner and the muciality to do the dances. There are 4 stars that are the best the rest.. not so much..

Top 4

Shawn
Gilles
Melissa
Lil Kim

btw- Was anyone else kind of taken back from Bruno's comment about Shawn? ..The whole put more naughty in the preformance?

TheDuckRocks
03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
btw- Was anyone else kind of taken back from Bruno's comment about Shawn? ..The whole put more naughty in the preformance?

Yes, with her being so young that was very tacky. I felt so bad for her parents sitting there and hearing that.

murphy1
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I think they grow up faster in Europe where Bruno is from :thedolls: I think of Derrick and Julianne as kids, too and they do some pretty racy stuff.

RedSoxFan
03-18-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm not overly surprised that Belinda went. But I think Woz and Steve O will be next two to go.

coloradowendyl
03-23-2009, 06:12 PM
UGH...just read online that they are bringing Cloris and Corky back on the results show tomorrow night to dance! Guess I will just check online to see who was eliminated!

I see absolutely no sane reason for bringing Cloris back nor to watch her....one season was more than enough!

Wendy

murphy1
03-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh, please, no!!! I can't take watching him drag her around anymore.

coloradowendyl
03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Sadly I believe it to be true. etonline and a few other websites are reporting it! Given the fact that their ratings are high, I can't possibly understand the rationale!

Wendy

Melanie
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh, please, no!!! I can't take watching him drag her around anymore.

:funny:

pixiesmimi
03-24-2009, 06:37 AM
I think it was last week when they were telling Steve W. that he looked like Cloris out there or wasn't as bad as Cloris or something and I thought that was a little rude to say that on the air. I didn't like her last season, thought she was terrible, but to talk about her like that when she wasn't there but probably watching was just rude and insulting. I'm surprised she agreed to come back for an appearance after the booing she got last season. I guess she will do anything to try to get a laugh.

murphy1
03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
I love Woz! He is a riot! I think this was a good move for him to do the show. I missed Denise, how did she do?

TheDuckRocks
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I love Woz! He is a riot! I think this was a good move for him to do the show. I missed Denise, how did she do?

I too love Woz, he is having such a good time.
How was Denise? Well, she's beautiful.:D

Stich8818
03-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Did the judges say last year that they thought that Cloris was mostly entertaining and not much of a dancer? So what is diffrent about the Woz?..Or am I seeing this wrong? They like launched into him last night and I feel honestly bad for Karina she has only so much to work with. But It still is Giles,Shawns competion to lose imo.

I think that The Woz dancing carrer is over...unless his fans rally..The only one other then him I see going home is Holly...I dont think that her and partner have no chemisty at all.

missymouseworld
03-25-2009, 07:01 AM
If you didn't watch yet, then don't read but......

Holly was saved and Denise went home. It was a dance-off between the two.

murphy1
03-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Did the judges say last year that they thought that Cloris was mostly entertaining and not much of a dancer? So what is diffrent about the Woz?..Or am I seeing this wrong? They like launched into him last night and I feel honestly bad for Karina she has only so much to work with. But It still is Giles,Shawns competion to lose imo.

I think that The Woz dancing carrer is over...unless his fans rally..The only one other then him I see going home is Holly...I dont think that her and partner have no chemisty at all.

Woz has a ton of fans out there. I crack up over him, I think he is really funny, I think he he really is trying out there with his dances a lot more than Chloris did, I guess either you like him or you don't is what it comes down to. I don't know a lot of computer nerds that would get out there and dance other than at a Company Christmas party. I was so happy to watch Hall and Oates!

Melanie
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm kinda sad (and surprised) to see Maks gone so soon.

It was great to see Alec again. He and Edyta are just too darn adorable together!

coloradowendyl
03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
I will miss Maks, but Denise is no great loss lol
Double elimination next week...should be the last week of the two Steves is my guess!
Wendy

DisneyLandMomma
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not surprised Denise is gone, she was terrible!! LOL As was Holly, so hopefully she will be gone next week. While they were dancing, my dd(10) commented on how they both didn't know how to shake anything...LOL

Woz was terrible but I'm sure he last awhile like Cloris did.

I feel bad for Steve-O because you can tell he's trying SOOO HARD.

For some reason, my DVR stopped short of Ty's performance so I didn't get to see that but I really like him and hope he does well.

Julianne and her boyfried are annoying me...LOL

RedSoxFan
03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I was hoping that Holly would go before Denise. I thought she was worst and it would have been nice to see Maks for another week. Double elimination should be interesting. Does anyone know why they're doing a double elimination next week? Also, The guy Edyta was dancing with: is that her husband? They were awesome.

murphy1
03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Denise didn't even look like she was trying, Maks did so well and she was just kind of blah, but she is very cute. Does anyone else hate this whole dance off thing?

TennesseeTink
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, not understanding the purpose of the dance-off.

Denise looked so awkward when she danced, and IMO Holly looks exactly the same. They had the same style. LOL

I feel sorry for Woz because, as much as he loves being there, he's obviously in pain and just keeps getting new injuries. Before they sign up to be on the show, don't they have to pass a physical or something?

Melissa, Shawn, and Gilles are still my favorites but, boy, did Ty improve or what?! Fantastic!

Stitchahula
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
They can teach them the dance but they can't teach them rhythm. Neither Denise or Holly has any. I was kind of shocked that woz stayed though. I have no idea what the dance off is all about it seems kind of pointless to me.

Melanie
03-25-2009, 06:18 PM
The guy Edyta was dancing with: is that her husband? They were awesome.

Yes, that is her husband.

Stich8818
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Denise didn't even look like she was trying, Maks did so well and she was just kind of blah, but she is very cute. Does anyone else hate this whole dance off thing?

Agreed the dance off is just meaningless. I guess they needed a reason to have a whole hour results show...Cause to be honest up until this whole dance off thing started. There was nothing to the show..Lots and lots of filler...

Stitchahula
03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
What is wrong with some people? Shawn is only 17 years old what is wrong with that creep. I feel so bad for that poor girl. I hope they lock him up.

pixiesmimi
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm not surprised Denise is gone, she was terrible!! LOL As was Holly, so hopefully she will be gone next week. While they were dancing, my dd(10) commented on how they both didn't know how to shake anything...LOL

Woz was terrible but I'm sure he last awhile like Cloris did.

I feel bad for Steve-O because you can tell he's trying SOOO HARD.

For some reason, my DVR stopped short of Ty's performance so I didn't get to see that but I really like him and hope he does well.

Julianne and her boyfried are annoying me...LOL

I thought Denise was better than Holly but thought both of them should have gone home. What is with them keeping Steve W.? He was Terrible! I guess it is going to be like Cloris and the voters keeping him around. He is trying really hard but he just doesn't have what it takes. Like the judges said, it was just painful to watch him.

DisneyLandMomma
03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
What is wrong with some people? Shawn is only 17 years old what is wrong with that creep. I feel so bad for that poor girl. I hope they lock him up.

That guys sounds WHACKED OUT!! He said she talks to him through the TV and with ESP.

Stitchahula
03-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I know. He's been watching her since she was only a little girl in the olympics. ick. Thank god she has a body guard now. I can't imagine how scarey that must have been and she still had to go on the show and act as if nothing was wrong. She's a strong young lady. I wonder though if the guy was only saying that whole thing about esp and talking through the tv so he could set himself up for an insanity plea.

murphy1
03-29-2009, 12:10 PM
That's terrible for Shawn!! Unfortunately there are many creepos out there, I still remember the one that Jodie Foster had who shot Reagan, well, many stories, but sadly that's the price for fame I guess, figures he's from Florida (I grew up there, many weirdos in the state in spite of all the nice ones of us).

Holly got hurt in practice this past week and I agree that she is backtracking from her first week. I think it is going to be a weed out in the next few weeks, but am glad this is a double elimination week this week. Y'all will hate me, but I love Woz!! He's so much fun! I can stand him more than a few of the others. My fave is Gilles, I think he will win it all.

RAIDER
03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Personally i think the judges went way over the top on Woz and there missing the point . Or the controllers /producers should make up their mind what kind of show they want .A dancing contest or an entertainment show .
Common lets get real he was brought in from the word go to be larffed at just like Cloris was last year .

Not being funny cos we get the UK version back across the pond and we had the same problems with a person not very good but the public kept week in after week becuase he was so entertaining and iheir critisism got so bad be walked out !! To which the British public turned on Len & Bruno etc

I find it so hypicrtical of them saying one week there fun and then the following week turning on them with such venom when its obvious they have such limited abilities and the casting of the show know this ...

For me it does the show and public know favours . The average joe wouldnt be encouraged to try their hand at dancing because of the thought of the venom that they heard to the likes of Cloris / Woz ad secondly it makes other stars of limited ability scared to go on in future and doubt themselves .

The casting / producers should make up their mind in what show they want .. A genuine dancing programme or an entertainment one ...

Woz for me is a hero ..For a person who knows hes overweight ,limited ability ,but goes out there fearless and enjoys every moment hes out there and keeps smiling is to be totally congratulated knowing hes going to get such stick .... I applaud him :beer:

Magic Smiles
03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
What is Melissa's tattoo on her back that she has it covered every week?

TennesseeTink
03-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Gilles and Cheryl!!!! Holy cow:jaw: Absolutely incredible! So far Melissa, Shawn, and Gilles were about on the same level to me but he completely surpassed them this week. Of course he was assigned the sexy dance. I have a hard time imagining him doing the other one. And I can't imagine Shawn doing the Argentinian Tango. I do think Melissa could have pulled off either one.

murphy1
03-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Gilles and Cheryl!!!! Holy cow:jaw: Absolutely incredible! .

They were amazing and what a sweet guy he is to give Cheryl all the credit, she is so enjoying this season. I am back to my feelings of how unfair that Melissa and Shawn are doing things that come so easily, they have both been trained extensively on dance and gymnastics of course. I am rooting for Woz still and hope that Steve O and Holly go tonight. The tattoo on Melissa, well, it's called something I won't repeat, I know a couple of girls here who have them. I'll let someone else explain it if they want to. It's apparently an in thing to get. Samantha was annoying last night. Ty is too cute, love him, too.

Stitchahula
03-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I was really impressed with Ty last night, he's come a long way. As far as Gilles, Melissa and Shawn well they should be final 3 in my book. I'm hoping that Woz, Steve O, or Holly go tonight. What is wrong with Holly she fell off a stool come on she can't even sit right.

murphy1
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
What is wrong with Holly she fell off a stool come on she can't even sit right.

It's all that silicone that threw her off balance:D

RedSoxFan
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
It's all that silicone that threw her off balance:D

Very funny.:D

Gilles is my favorite followed by Melissa and Shawn.

I hope Holly and Woz go home tonight. I've had enough of those two. Steve O can go home next week.

coloradowendyl
03-31-2009, 04:53 PM
I do not think Holly will make it past tonight, but I felt extremely sorry for her last night. I suffer from the same type of muscle spasms under my rib cage that she had last week. When they hit me, I literally hit the floors on my knees and the only thing that calms them down is a shot of a very strong anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant that knocks me out! I can only imagine the pain she was suffering! I think she was a trooper to continue practicing and performing.

I would love to see Ty continue to perform...he is really sweet!

Wendy

Disneypixie513
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
I love watching dances like the Lindy-Hop, but wow, i get so so nervous watching them rehearse the trick. I'm scared they're really going to hurt themsleves. I cringed when Ty stumbled and Chelsea hit the ground.
Gilles is sorta over-rated to me. I think it's too early for all they hype he's getting (I know i'm going against the grain here, lol.)
I do have a comment about how it's unfair for Melissa to be in it because of dance training. I'm a dancer myself and have been for 12 years. It's extremely hard for someone to learn a new style of dance. I take ballet,tap,jazz,modern,and lyrical. I've taken a hip-hop class and have failed miserably at it. I also took a very brief Jive class during a summer dance class. It was very hard to get the partnering down. So yes, counting the beats and having rhythm will be ALOT easier. But as far as the tecnique(sp?), she still has to work on that.
Okay..That was just my two cents.

murphy1
04-01-2009, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=Disneypixie513;1860372]
Gilles is sorta over-rated to me. I think it's too early for all they hype he's getting (I know i'm going against the grain here, lol.)
QUOTE]

NO WAY!!!!!! :D He's the best one on there, his Tango was amazing. He and Apolo Anton Ono have been my favorites for every season. I took dance(ballet and tap) when I was younger, too and you'll have an advantage on performing, steps all of that I guess is my thought. I was nervous about the rehearsals, too. I have friends who swing dance and they do all those flips and crazy things, too.

Stitchahula
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm so thankful that it was Holly and Woz that got sent packing last night. I just wish it could've been all 3 of them standing there.

RedSoxFan
04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm so thankful that it was Holly and Woz that got sent packing last night. I just wish it could've been all 3 of them standing there.

Ditto

LauraleeH
04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Melissa was so good this week, loved her! I don't like Julianne and her boyfriend, but they were very cute this week, my second pick ;)

murphy1
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I give Holly credit for going into the show so late and at least trying to get through it, she and Steve O were relieved to be in the bottom three. I am going to miss Woz :(

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I am gonna miss the Woz too. He was not a dancer, but a lot of fun. I like Steve-O and Lacey. They are a cute couple. Shawn is okay, but out of her element. I like Cheryl Burke, not nuts about her new partner. Ty Murray the wrangler doesn't stand a chance. He really isn't a dancer. Kym Johnson is a great dancer and her partner Lawrence Taylor the football player, has a lot of heart. I hope that they finish at or near the top. Can't wait for Monday night.:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
04-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Holy Cow, can Gilles dance!!! And here I was just hoping he would be around long enough to drool over for a few weeks.:woohoo:

coloradowendyl
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
My guesses for the Dance Off tonight....
Steve O and either LT, David, or Ty.

Would not be surprised however, if Steve O's fans save him again....then the Dance off will probably be LT and Ty.

Wendy

Stitchahula
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Ty didn't do such a good job last night, but I'm hoping it's steve o going home. Gilles is unbelievable wow can that man dance.

murphy1
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Gilles and Cheryl are amazing!!! I get chills watching those two. Everyone but them were just kind of off for me. And his little boy is adorable! I am mad that Len gave them a 9, poo!

beksy
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Gilles and Cheryl are amazing!!! I get chills watching those two. Everyone but them were just kind of off for me. And his little boy is adorable! I am mad that Len gave them a 9, poo!

I agree. I especially enjoyed the beginning of their dance! :secret: I had it recorded and was watching it at 11 last night and somehow kept hitting the rewind button for the beginning of their dance...then I called my sister (who wasn't happy to get the call at that time of night) to see if she'd watched. She hadn't so of course I was obligated to tell her all about it (I rewound again and took her through step-by-step. :thedolls: She's supposed to be watching so we can discuss it). I think that they will stay and that Steve-O should be the one to go, but his fans may pull him through. I'm kind of surprised Ty is still around.

RedSoxFan
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Gilles -- OMG. He just makes me melt.

IamBelle
04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
i want ty to go home this week. I know he is trying, but I couldn't help but laugh when he danced! He danced like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz!

Hull-onian
04-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, I am warming up to Gilles. He did not have to dance shirtless, but, you know, not bad looking. Easy on the eyes. I hope Ty gets the cow-boy boot. He is way out of his element, for sure. But he is a very nice person. I still like Steve-O, I think he is good hearted. When I see Lacy dance, I think, oh, I wish I could move like that. Whereas, I can hardly move at all. Kym Johnson :dance: is alot of fun too. Well, we will know soon enough who is going home.

Ty :horse:Shawn:trampo:Lawrence:football:
Steve-O:ambal:Carrie-Ann :woohoo:

murphy1
04-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I felt bad for Kym and David, they were one of the better couples. I like Lacy too, she is really cute and does some different stuff. I just can't seem to get into anything about Julianne and Chuck, I liked them the first night and they are both really cute, and I loved her with Apolo especially. I think my problem with Steve-O is that I knew kids who would try that stupid stuff from his show and then he was doing some stupid stunt on this show and got hurt.

DisneyLandMomma
04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm bummed David and Kym got the boot. :( I think they were one of the better couples too. Hmmm....My daughter told me last night I better start voting next week. LOL

I really like Ty and Chelsie...I know he's not that good but he's trying and they are a cute couple. I like Steve-O and Lacey too but don't think they are going to last much longer. Chuck and Julianne are annoying to me. LOL As is Melissa...Tony is OK but Melissa is bugging me.

Hull-onian
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I think David made a good improvement over all. Lawrence has a good fan base. I will miss Kym. I don't see any improvement in Chuck, he is not a dancer. I love Lil Kim, she is so sweet and humble. I see some improvement in Steve-O, even though I have never heard of him before DWTS. Ty Murray has got to go. He surely cannot dance. That being said, all of them do better than me. LOL

RedSoxFan
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm surprised that David was sent home. I thought it would be Steve O. Gilles is still my favorite.

Disneypixie513
04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I wish Steve-O would have been eliminated, but I was neutral to David. So I wasn't really disappointed.
I can't wait to see Julianne and Chuck do the rumba next week. That should be intersting. ;)
Gilles is still at the bottom for me. :blush: Yea he's a good dancer, but he's lacking something for me. I always seem to be turned off by the really popular people. He's way too over-rated for me.

Hull-onian
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Can't wait for dancing tonight. They gotta bring it so they don't get voted off.

coloradowendyl
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
David was completely classless after his elimination. I watched 2 interviews with him where he called the judges names that can't be posted here and embarrassed Kim to no end.

I have seen every season so far, and never have I heard eliminated stars talk as rudely and crudely as he did! While Steve O should have been eliminated before him due to lack of skill, once I heard DAL speak, I am rather glad he is gone.

Wendy

Melanie
04-14-2009, 07:33 AM
David was completely classless after his elimination. I watched 2 interviews with him where he called the judges names that can't be posted here and embarrassed Kim to no end.

Wow! Really? That's a shame. I really like Kim and sad that happened to her.

pixiesmimi
04-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Well after every dance he had the most obnoxious look on his face with no smile or anything. He just acted like he was better than anyone else and deserved to have them give him a good score whether he was good or not. Tacky! I'm glad he is gone. Wish Steve-O was. He really has no couth.

beksy
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Well after last night Gilles is still my favorite (I think he could stand still and still be my favorite! :secret:). I like Ty too. I'm expecting him or Steve-O (who I'm not overly fond of) to go soon but I like all the effort he puts into it and his attitude. I think Lil Kim and Derek do a good job but I'm not a fan of hers. She did do a good job last week though. I thought Len was harsher than usual last night but maybe it's because I don't know how the dances should look and judge based on what I like and the dancers weren't a good?

coloradowendyl
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Len is always cranky on Rhumba night lol!

I personally thought the music they gave LT and Ty for the Jive was not really Jive Music, for that matter, even Gilles music. The only real Jive music went to Lil Kim.

They criticized Gilles jive as too frantic, but the music was pretty fast and frantic, and personally thought Ty's music and Lt's was way too slow for a Jive!

Wendy

TennesseeTink
04-14-2009, 02:44 PM
The only real Jive music went to Lil Kim.

They criticized Gilles jive as too frantic, but the music was pretty fast and frantic, and personally thought Ty's music and Lt's was way too slow for a Jive!

Wendy

Actually I thought it was in poor taste that they gave her "Jailhouse Rock" after she just did time in jail. Was that supposed to be cute?

As for Gilles last 2 dances being "frantic", I agree the music is very fast and I think Cheryl is just trying to fit the choreography to his skill level. She makes the dances harder to show what he's capable of. I don't think Gilles should be penalized for that. And here the judges are telling some of the other dancers that they want to see them do something more difficult. Well, which is it?

Not a big Steve-O fan but how cute was that dog? Awwww:dog:

LittleSpirit02
04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I thought Gilles dance last night was fantastic. In the times I've seen professional ballroom dancers - some of their dances have come across to me as very frantic to the point it looks like both professionals are barely holding on. I thought he pulled off difficult choreography and did a great job. IMO - a clear winner for the season unless something drastic happens.

As for who gets kicked off - tonight I'm really not sure. I thought it would be DAG last week as he just didn't excite me and his personality made me uncomfortable. He always seemed to try too hard in his interviews and whatnot.

I'll go against most and say - I hope Steve-O stays. For some reason I enjoy watching him... I know he's not the best dancer by any means (although he was better than Ty last night) but it's like Carrie Ann was saying last night - there's something about him that's sort of mesmerizing. His arms last night and general movements were good - they were just too sharp and choppy - if he smoothed them together he could be pretty good.

Bottom Three - Ty, Lawrence and Steve-O
Which one to go?? Really not sure - possible Lawrence.

murphy1
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
OMG I thought Bruno was too funny with the waving thing, he is nutso.

I LOVE GILLES!!! He is both great looking and seems very sweet, he is always humble. I think Mark is really great with Shawn, Bruno needs to shut up, she's a kid. DAG, that is just really not in good taste to act like such a poor loser.

RedSoxFan
04-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Gilles is still my favorite. My guess is that either Ty or Steve O will go home tonight. But then it could be Lawrence. Hard to say.

Stitchahula
04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Gilles I think will be the winner for this year. As for who goes home I'm still hoping that steve o gets the boot.

Melanie
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I just watched the TV Guide interview with David. Wow! It's a 5+ minute interview, and he's nicey, nice up until the last minute or so. Yikes...poor Kim!

LittleSpirit02
04-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow - I just watched the interview, too. I thought maybe he'd be kidding at the end but it really doesn't seem like it does it?

Kim looked SO uncomfortable and taken back and I don't blame her. She looked like she was slowly inching away...as was the interviewer...

coloradowendyl
04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Access Hollywood interview was really bad!
I am sorry...it is a reality tv competetion...even if you are disappointed, you should handle the interviews with some grace. It is not like the outcome determines whether you will win an Emmy or Oscar lol!

Instead of helping his career, he just made himself look like the rear end of a horse! I wonder if he will show up for the finale show or "have a prior commitment" !

Wendy

murphy1
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Did you all know Lacey is cousin to Ross (David Schwimmer)
from the show Friends

pixiesmimi
04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
So glad to see Steve O go. I was afraid it would be Ty. He isn't that good but he is really trying and some of his dances have been really good. I thought the Jive would be good for him because it looked like his kind of music. But, as said above, I think the music was all wrong for a jive. Lawrence is really trying to but sometimes his don't come off good either. I think they both are scared to death and just need to turn loose and let it happen.

coloradowendyl
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Call me cynical, but I have wondered if the music isn't handed out by ability level? It seems like the ones who are on the verge of elimination tend to get music that doesn't help them out much and those who are at the top always seem to have music more suited to the dance. I still remember the season that one contestant got the Phantom of the Opera music for the Paso Doble...almost impossible to put a decent dance together with it.

I didn't think that Ty or Lawrence got great Jive music at all.

wendy

beksy
04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Actually I thought it was in poor taste that they gave her "Jailhouse Rock" after she just did time in jail. Was that supposed to be cute?

Not a big Steve-O fan but how cute was that dog? Awwww:dog:

I have to agree with the music. It came on and my jaw just dropped. :jaw: Then I had to pause it and explain to Mom why it was not the best choice of music for her. At least she got to be the prison guard this time! Is Derek always so clingy with his partners? I don't remember it from before but he seems to always to hugging her, rubbing her arm, etc. Just something I noticed. :scratch:

I thought the dog was adorable too. It was kind of funny that he seemed to imply that he needed the dog to get into the right mood to do a romantic dance with Lacey! :laughing:

I am really looking forward to the costumes next week and I always enjoy the group dance so it should be a good week. I would like to know what outfit Steve-O would have put together! :eyes:

Oh, could someone let me know (PM or post) where I could find the interview? I totally missed it but would like to see it if it's on the internet or a re-run or something. Thanks!

LittleSpirit02
04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm actually sad Steve-O went last night. I think he was a good sport, was genuinely trying and despite what many may have anticipated based on his MTV show - was a really great sport and only had positive things to say. He never bashed anyone and was fully able to admit when he didn't do as well. I think his dance this week deserved at least all 6s. Len seems to have a thing against Lacy IMO. Why no dance off this week?

coloradowendyl
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
We wondered the same thing about the dance off...it would have been much better than Carmen Electra! My husband looked at me and said, she dances as badly as Denise Richards lol! We didn't quite get the point of the entire routine!

I think Len has a thing against Lacy as well. I don't think he does well with Free Spirits! He was very critical of her all last season as well.

Steve O handled his exit and all of his interviews with class. I started the season being pretty appalled he was going to be on the show, but like the season with Jerry Springer, my opinion of him changed. And, the dog is very cute. It has to have some dachshund in it, which of course, makes it even cuter lol!

My favorite part of the entire show however was Lawrence announcing he was covering Edyta up next week and that "she was allergic to clothes"!

Wendy

LittleSpirit02
04-15-2009, 04:25 PM
We wondered the same thing about the dance off...it would have been much better than Carmen Electra! My husband looked at me and said, she dances as badly as Denise Richards lol! We didn't quite get the point of the entire routine!

I'm sure I've thought this thru way too much but it almost seemed like they wanted Steve-O/Lacy gone. The scores (4 and 5) were way too low. Yes, he was stiff but the only people I think they've ever given 4s to were Cloris and Steve Woz. It was much better than either of them. I actually enjoyed it... and then no dance off so their scores couldn't be raised.

Hull-onian
04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I will miss Steve-O, but I will root for the others. I give anyone credit who gets up there and learn those routines in a week. The routines are not easy. As Len would say, "Well done.":blush:

RedSoxFan
04-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm not surprised that Steve O went before Ty. But I am going to miss his upbeat attitude. He was fun to watch even though he wasn't very good.

Hull-onian
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Then there is next Monday for another round of drama. Lawrence definitely has to up his game. I think Ty is all done. Surprised he lasted this long. Shawn is okay, better than most. Melissa has done well. I say that Cheryl will get her third mirro ball trophy.:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
04-24-2009, 10:02 PM
I figured it would come down to either Ty or Lawrence going home. I think with Lawrence gone that Ty will go home next week. The group dance was fun to watch.

LittleSpirit02
04-25-2009, 06:10 PM
My Prediction:

1. Gilles
2. Melissa
3. Lil Kim
4. Shawn
5. Chuck
6. Ty

I thought Shawn's was the best last week and deserved more 10s. She and Lil Kim will be battling it out for 3rd I think.

beksy
04-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm thinking it will definitely be either Ty or Chuck this week and I'm betting on Ty. I loved the group dance. They are always so fun to watch! It was a shock to see Edyta with clothes on.

murphy1
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Ya already know who I will say who wins at the end. I loved Ty, he was fun to watch, he also did really well in the group dance. Shawn does the same dance moves every time now. I thought when the men changed their clothes, it was silly and they looked like Tim Curry from Rocky Horror, it wasn't funny.

RedSoxFan
04-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I enjoyed the group dances. I didn't like Len's comments to Ty that he might be 'hitting the trails'. I thought he did well. I have a feeling it will be Melissa going home. She didn't do well, and I know she's in pain. But in fairness to the others (some are in pain) who did dance well, I think it's time for her to go.

LittleSpirit02
04-28-2009, 04:50 PM
The guys changing outfits was a parody of Beyonce's video and an SNL spoof of her video where the guys (Andy Samberg, Justin Timberlake and one other) wore leotards like the girls in the video. :)

As far as who goes home tonight - even tho I kinda liked Ty's better than Chuck's last night - I still think Ty will go. I'd predict Chuck and Ty as the bottom two though.

Disneyatic
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
My predictions for the bottom two are Melissa and Ty.
I REALLY hope it's Melissa that goes home :secret: I will admit she is the better dancer but..........For some reason, I just don't like her, she is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Magic Smiles
04-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Well Chuck got chucked. Too bad they had to eliminate anyone as I am really enjoying this season.

murphy1
04-29-2009, 09:03 AM
The guys changing outfits was a parody of Beyonce's video and an SNL spoof of her video where the guys (Andy Samberg, Justin Timberlake and one other) wore leotards like the girls in the video. :)

I know, just not my thing I guess. I think what got on my nerves about Chuck was how worried he always seemed and was constantly being serious and wanting approval so badly. Unless Gilles gets hurt, he'll win I'm pretty sure. I might even go to the Tour they do if he's on it :)

RedSoxFan
04-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Well, I'm not so sure I like the idea of Chuck going home. I really thought it would be Melissa based on her dance. I know she is injured; but she didn't dance well. But, as long as Gilles is still there, I'm not complaining.

murphy1
04-29-2009, 09:06 AM
LOL, me, too Tracy! Derek needs to quit doing the goofy facial expressions all the time!!

pixiesmimi
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I was hoping it would be Melissa that went last night. I know she had been doing really good, but most of the other seasons, when the dancers were injured enough to not dance, they went. I think Chuck had picked it up enough that he should have stayed. But really, it was a hard choice because they were all too good to go. That is tough at the end when everyone is doing so well. I even thought Shawn might go last night especially with the expressions on hers and her partner's face (Mark?). They acted like they were already gone. I would say if Melissa doesn't step up and dance really well next week, she should be gone.

IamBelle
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I love how Shawn Johnson danced to "Friend Like Me" I was like "Finally, a good song!" I think they should dance to more Disney song classics.

RedSoxFan
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
The dances were good last night. But I do believe Ty will be going home tonight. I think the final will be between Gilles and Melissa with (hopefully) Gilles winning.

Disneypixie513
05-05-2009, 10:17 PM
WOAH! :jaw: What just happened?! :confused:
How in the world did Lil' Kim go before Ty?! I just can't believe that Ty has that big a fanbase. He doesn't deserve to be in the semi-finals. This is definately the thing I absolutely hate on shows like this. :blowup:
I'd love to see either Melissa or Shawn win.
Not a Gilles fan here. :ack:

IamBelle
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I can't believe Lil' Kim went before Ty. That is ridiculous. She was on the top of the leaderboard twice, while Ty has almost always been in the bottom of the board...

pixiesmimi
05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I love Ty but I was totally shocked too! (I think he was too!) What happened? I figured Lil Kim to probably be the winner or at least close even though I don't really like her. I thought her dance last night was really good and couldn't figure out why they were grading her down. Maybe she just didn't have the fan base. Sounds like what happened to Cheeta girl last time.

RedSoxFan
05-06-2009, 07:18 AM
WOW --- Can't believe LIl' Kim went home before Ty. I am not a Lil' Kim fan; but she was better than Ty.

TennesseeTink
05-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Well I think the responses on this thread should explain why she's gone. Yes, she could dance, but apparently nobody liked her. And, frankly, I was sick and tired of hearing about her behind.:ack:

If this show is to retain any credibility, Ty will be gone next and it will be down to the 3 that most everyone predicted from the beginning.

murphy1
05-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Gilles should win this thing, he has the same appeal as Apolo Ono and Brooke Burke and they won. Cheryl needs to step it back a bit and just let him do his thing. I really like how nice he seems (no, seriously). But he is the best dancer on the show. Does anyone know if you can heal from from a cracked rib that quickly? That whole thing with Melissa was weird. Oh, I was just glad they didn't play that Butt song for Lil Kim like they did for Kardashian, and Len needs to keep his shirt on! LOL

coloradowendyl
05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Melissa said that they gave her patches that numb the pain to wear during rehearsal. If they are the same ones that I have been given for my back, she won't be healed, but she definitely will not feel any pain.

Cheryl needs to stop "over choreographing" Gilles. When she was not trying to go over the top, he was definitely dancing better. I was not all that impressed with his rumba the other night!

Wendy

TheDuckRocks
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Cheryl needs to stop "over choreographing" Gilles. When she was not trying to go over the top, he was definitely dancing better. I was not all that impressed with his rumba the other night!

Wendy

Yeah, but he sure looked good while doing it.:D

RedSoxFan
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, but he sure looked good while doing it.:D

Yes he does!!!!!

murphy1
05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd rather watch him than Melissa who always does the goofy Derek expressions!

TennesseeTink
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Holy Shmoly!! Could Gilles be any hotter?!:jaw::eyes:

I've liked Melissa from the beginning but when I watch Gilles, it's very obvious that Melissa is missing that "it" thing, which he clearly has. Carrie Ann was right. I just don't "feel" anything when I watch her. Gilles is the only one left that I look forward to watching.

Disneypixie513
05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I loved Shawn's tango. It was perfect!

I finally realized what it is about Gilles that I don't like. To me he always looks the same. Same style of dancing, same expression; there's no diversity there for me. He's actually quite boring to me. Yes, he is a wonderful dancer, but I just can't see the wow factor with him.
I love Melissa, but last night wasn't really her night.
I want Shawn to win.

murphy1
05-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Go Gilles and Cheryl (I dunno, they seem to have a lot of wow for me and I look forward to watching them dance and last night they were fantastic)! Shawn is cute, but her dancing is off for me. I love TY!!! I would love to see him even get to #2, he is so cute!

TheDuckRocks
05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
I think someone here must not have seen the Sex and the City movie. OWWWWWZAAA:blush:

murphy1
05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Kay, you need to be on a comedy show, you are always so funny :)

Seriously, I know I am a Gilles fan, but do you know I still haven't seen the movie??? I never even heard of the guy until DWTS.

RedSoxFan
05-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Gilles is so much fun to watch. And I liked him in the Sex/City movie.

I think Ty will be going home tonight. And he should be going home from the 4 contestants left.

Magic Smiles
05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
I am not a Gilles fan. He just doesn't do anything for me and no I have not seen Sex and the City movie or any of the episodes. As Disneypixie513 says he always looks the same.
I really wanted Melissa to win, if for no other reason than to rub it in Jason's face (look what I have done), but she definitely had an off night and there does not appear to be any chemistry between her and Tony. Maybe that is Karina's doing!:thedolls:
I love Ty. He is definitely not the best dancer, but so sweet and has come so far. Shawn is amazing, but young. I will be sad to see anyone but Gilles leave tonight.

Melanie
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
she definitely had an off night and there does not appear to be any chemistry between her and Tony. Maybe that is Karina's doing!:thedolls:

Karina dates Maks. I'm assuming that's what you meant by this. :confused: Tony is married with a couple of children.

Ty was the right person to go home tonight, no matter how much I like him. He's had a great run, and Chelsea did an amazing job.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Ty was the right person to go home tonight, no matter how much I like him. He's had a great run, and Chelsea did an amazing job.

I agree!

Magic Smiles
05-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Karina dates Maks. I'm assuming that's what you meant by this. :confused: Tony is married with a couple of children.

That is too funny:blush: Shows you how much attention I pay to them and their personnel lives.

RedSoxFan
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
As much as I like Ty and his determination to learn how to dance, he was the right person to leave.

TheDuckRocks
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
A word of warning if any of you are interested in seeing the Sex and the City movie, please, please be aware that it is Not repeat NOT a G rated film. DO make sure you are doing it without the kiddies around.

RedSoxFan
05-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I thought last night's show was fun. Gilles had the best paso doble and Shawn had the best freestyle. Very entertaining.

Magic Smiles
05-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I finally voted this week for the winner. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was rooting for Melissa, but changed my mind to Shawn at that point. Even though I thought most of America liked Gilles, I voted for Shawn. I am so happy that I did as apparently her win was by less than 1%. I do not know anything about dance, but I enjoyed watching Shawn much more than Gilles and I thought that her last 2 dances were much better than Gilles! I feel that the female in the couple has so much more to master than the male.
Way to go Shawn:number1:

murphy1
05-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I thought Gilles was not only the best dancer this season, but one of the best dancers the show has ever had. Shawn was good, but didn't have the maturity I guess to carry off many of the dances and she kept doing her gymnastics movements (I thought Sabrina and Mark were a lot better than Shawn and Mark even, but that's just me). Gilles has signed on to the show Brothers and Sisters, I truly enjoyed watching he and Cheryl dance, they were fabulous. I really liked Melissa, too.

pixiesmimi
05-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I thought Shawn and Gilles were both good but Gilles far out danced Shawn the whole season. I think he should have won and still can't believe Shawn won. I know she got better but he was consistantly good and that should account for something. I was in total shock (as I'm sure he was) when they announced Shawn. He was very gracious though.

murphy1
05-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I wanted to add I would love to see Shawn Johnson write a book for young people, she is a great role model and cute as a button. Even though I wanted Gilles to win, my daughter was thrilled that Shawn won.

RedSoxFan
05-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I really wanted Gilles to win; but I'm happy for Shawn. She is a great dancer. DS17 was thrilled to hear she won!!

Stich8818
05-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Congrats to Shawn and Mark..Gilles should have won due the consistant scores he recived. But Len has said it before..."It's not how you start it's how you finish." It looks like again that the freestyle dances are really pushing the winners through. Gilles's freestyle was great but not what you kind of expected. Plus that song is for me inmo one of the worst 80's song.

Melanie
05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Cheryl has done such great freestyles in the past, so I was surprised at the choreography for this one. Gilles really didn't have a lot to do. :unsure: I'm kinda sad that's probably what lost it for him.

I thought it was a great season! The couples really seemed to get along well overall. David Allen Grier even redeemed himself a bit with the judges.

I'm happy for Shawn, although her age really shows. A lot is being made over her not thanking Mark enough, etc., but I agree it's just the maturity level and also what she's used to from gymnastics. She's been taught to be tough as nails for years and it's obvious that she's struggled with the emotional part of the show.

Stich8818
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Melanears;1891700]Cheryl has done such great freestyles in the past, so I was surprised at the coreography for this one. Gilles really didn't have a lot to do. :unsure: I'm kinda sad that's probably what lost it for him.

I thought it was a great season! The couples really seemed to get along well overall. David Allen Grier even redeemed himself a bit with the judges.

QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing too about Cheryl she is always spot on with freestyles and this one feel kind of flat...

And speaking of the couples...Why in world did they ask Lawrence back to dance considering he made no qualms about not wanting to dance?

DizneyFreak2002
05-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't wantch this show but YEAH SHAWN!!! I guess she did good???

pixiesmimi
05-21-2009, 10:02 AM
It was hard to believe that Shawn was just 17 during all of this. She seemed so much older. But did anyone else wonder about her weight as I did? It just seemed at times that she was so much heavier than when she was in the Olympics. She was so much smaller then than now. I know she probably isn't in training now like then but with the dancing and all, you would think she would be in better shape. Of course, she is short which might make her look heavier but I was just surprised at how big her legs looked, etc. Maybe it is just because she is maturing and outgrowing that "young girl body type". But it just surprised me.

lovetheprincesses
05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I thought Gilles should have won. He was the best all season, but the freestyle Shawn performed was much better in my opinion. I used to like Cheryl, but don't now. I'm glad Carrie Ann called her out on showcasing HER talent instead of Gilles. I think the celebrity has gone a bit to her head, and yes, I think that ruined it for Gilles. I can't believe Len didn't call her out.

indytraveler
05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm glad Carrie Ann called her out on showcasing HER talent instead of Gilles. I think the celebrity has gone a bit to her head, and yes, I think that ruined it for Gilles. I can't believe Len didn't call her out.

I agree with that. The pro dancer needs to showcase the "Stars" talents. Cheryl likes to display her. Also, maybe I was reading too much into it but it seemed like Cheryl had a thing or two for Gilles. Anyway I'm glad Shawn won.

Also, can we comment on Jeffery Ross' roast? He got Tom, Melissa, and the judges pretty good.

RedSoxFan
05-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree with that. The pro dancer needs to showcase the "Stars" talents. Cheryl likes to display her. Also, maybe I was reading too much into it but it seemed like Cheryl had a thing or two for Gilles. Anyway I'm glad Shawn won.

My sister made the same comment and had been cheering for Gilles the entire season. But after the freestyle, she decided to cheer for Shawn.

Magic Smiles
05-23-2009, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=Melanears;1891700]Cheryl has done such great freestyles in the past, so I was surprised at the coreography for this one. Gilles really didn't have a lot to do. :unsure: I'm kinda sad that's probably what lost it for him.

I was thinking the same thing too about Cheryl she is always spot on with freestyles and this one feel kind of flat...

I thought Gilles should have won. He was the best all season, but the freestyle Shawn performed was much better in my opinion. I used to like Cheryl, but don't now. I'm glad Carrie Ann called her out on showcasing HER talent instead of Gilles. I think the celebrity has gone a bit to her head, and yes, I think that ruined it for Gilles. I can't believe Len didn't call her out.

IMHO the reason Cheryl's freestyle routine was mediocre was because Gilles is only capable to doing certain moves. I found that most of his dances were all the same - not a big variety in his moves. Maybe by showcasing herself she was trying to cover for the lack of Gilles abilities. Whereas Shawn could perform all moves with technical perfection although she may have been lacking in the maturity and sex appeal areas.
Gilles never did anything for me. As previously posted by me, the female partner appears to have many more moves to master.

LittleSpirit02
05-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Also, can we comment on Jeffery Ross' roast? He got Tom, Melissa, and the judges pretty good.

I thought the roast was a bad decision all together. Most of the people just looked extremely uneasy and uncomfortable. I know that's kinda the point of a roast but it just didn't seem right on the show. I'm glad he didn't go too far on Shawn at least - given she's 17. Some of it I didn't find humorous and rather just mean.

RAIDER
05-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I agree with the majority on Gilles side

Gilles deserved to win on the basis he was the most consistant over the season and he was the most polished of celeb dancers i have seen for many years ... I should imagine he will be on his way to Broadway now or if he goes to the UK ,the West End

Overall season 8 was one of the most enjoyable i have watched with so many contenders ..

As for the roast . It was funny in places but it didnt seem right on this type of show . The comment of Shawn being too short to go on space mountain i have to admit was funny :D

murphy1
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't laugh, but how great would a PotC routine have been for Gilles!!! Like to the music from the movie. Better than stupid Flashdance.