PDA

View Full Version : princess & Pirate party ?'s

nicjohn3
01-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I noticed that there will be a Pirate Party during our trip in March. Can anyone tell me if you have done this and what it is all about? Is it worth it? What times are they? My sons are 5 and 7. thanks

BMan62
01-03-2009, 09:49 PM
P&P's have all been canceled thru the first part of this year due to budgetary constraints.

nicjohn3
01-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh--I saw March dates-I thought. Didnt they have these before?

joanna71985
01-03-2009, 09:55 PM
The parties were Jan- March 2007, August (plus 1 Sept) 2007, and Jan-May (plus 1 June) 2008.

cindchan
01-03-2009, 09:59 PM
They were originally posted for next year, but from what I understand, they've been canceled. I was bummed out to hear this, and I was really excited to get a ticket and even set up my vacation so I could go. Now it seems that planning was wasted. Oh well. That's just less money they'll get from me. :thedolls:

nicjohn3
01-03-2009, 10:04 PM
That stinks--Oh well I guess I will be saving money too.

brewcrew26
01-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I called a week or so ago and the CM said the event is still going on for March. We have our tickets already purchased, so we're hoping that's the case. I haven't heard an official annoucement yet, though.

badkitty
01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
How did you purchase tix for March? I don't see anything on the Disney site.

mouseketeer mom
01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I planned a whole night around the P and P party in March, including ADR's at LTT. I hope this party isn't cancelled! It will be our second Pirate and Princess party we will be attending, we loved the first.

all4djcc
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I just got off the phone with WDW and was told that there were no P&P parties happening this year. So sad.

joanna71985
01-04-2009, 04:54 PM
How did you purchase tix for March? I don't see anything on the Disney site.

It was for the new mini-marathon in March.

brewcrew26
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I just got off the phone with WDW and was told that there were no P&P parties happening this year. So sad.

I called today, as well, right after I posted initially for this thread. The CM told me she doesn't know for sure and recommended calling every week.

It's so frustrating because no one has the same story each time you call. :confused:

thumperbug
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I think at least for Jan and Feb they are cancelled. They have no postings about dates for those months and dates that were originally put aside for them in Feb that had early park close times, have been changed for later close times.

crltkcagle
01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
NOOOOO! My kids were so excited to go to the P &P party! We were going to go the June party. I hope they rethink and keep the parties scheduled. This just stinks!

badkitty
01-04-2009, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the info! ;)

badkitty
01-04-2009, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the info! ;)

brewcrew26
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
The message below is posted on the Wide World of Sports site for Princess Half Marathon participants. They will be letting use your P&PP tickets for this post-race party.

---

NEW! Exclusive, post-race Happily Ever After Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios™
Mickey's Pirate & Princess Party will no longer be taking place on Sunday, March 8 as originally scheduled. We will now be hosting an exclusive Princess Half Marathon Happily Ever After Party that evening at Disney's Hollywood Studios™. The party will be open only to Princess Half Marathon Weekend participants and their family and friends. Tickets for the Happily Ever After Party are available at the same price as the previously advertised discounted tickets for Mickey's Pirate & Princess Party. If you purchased Mickey's Pirate & Princess Party tickets for March 8, your purchase will now apply to the Happily Ever After Party and you will be contacted via email with more details.