PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach

DestinationWDW
01-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

We are scheduled to visit the world May 24th - May 28, and will be down again in Nov but bring our moms along. So we were thinking about visiting Vero Beach in May instead. We have never been there and was wondering what it’s like. Are there enough things to keep me and 3 kids busy for 4 days? My fear is that we may get bored. My wife on the other hand would be in her glory for peace and quiet instead of the busy parks.

I am not a beach person; I really don't like just sitting on the hot sand. What activates are there on sight?
Can we bring our own bikes, and how about metal detectors to use on the beach?

Thanks

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
We love Vero! There are lots of activites at the resort and organized activites all day every day for kids of all ages! There is also a small minature golf course. The resort offers many off site excursions to local places of interest. I have seen many people bring their own bikes and they do offer rental bikes as well. I didn't see any signs prohibiting the use of metal detectors. The beach area really isn't crowded, so I don't see why they would mind about the metal detector. I think that you will find there is more there then what is let on!