PDA

View Full Version : just back from WDW

MarkC
01-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I'll try to post more in a trip report, but here are some highlights of our trip. We (me-49 yr old male, 19 year old son and 22 year old nephew) were there from Dec. 28-31. We were at AK and Epcot on the 28th, Disney Studios on the 29th, MK on the 30th and Epcot the 31st. I'm guessing the economy had an effect but we were amazed how manageable the parks were. We got there right at 8am every day and were able to ride almost everything we wanted by having a plan and using fastpass-- we did use the single rider lines for Everest and Test Track as well. Cast members were great and parks were clean. Lots of friendly people we talked to and I loved the decorations and holiday fireworks. If anyone is considering a Christmas trip in the future but debating it, I would heartily recommend going. Just get there at park opening and you'll do fine. I saw lots of groups of families coming in towards noon, and I know they probably didn't get much done those days. So if you don't mind getting up early, you can have a great time. We did. Mark

SBETigg
01-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks, Mark. The thought of going during the holiday week has always tempted but intimidated me. It's nice to hear that it worked out well as long as you had a good plan in place.

the other micki
01-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Glad you had such a great trip! The early bird gets the worm!

JohnnyJayhawk
01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Mark is exactly right about getting there early. We were nervous about the crowds before this last trip (Dec 25 to Jan 1), but we got to the parks before 8 am every day and got a lot of stuff done. We'd head out after lunch to take our break, and people would be pouring through through the gates. I, too, don't know how those folks got anything done.

dteed
01-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the report, early is sometimes the only way to get it done. But I really enjoy sleeping on my vacation.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the mini report. I agree about getting there early, you can see and do so much more!

Tink#64
01-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Great report! :thumbsup: DH is driving me crazy for a trip at Christmas time, but I've always thought that we'd have to wait until we strike it rich & can afford 2 trips in one year, with the thought that we'd not be able to do our fav attractions! You make it sound very possible! To me, arriving at park opening is the only way to do WDW! We plan a couple of 1/2 days or days off from the parks to sleep in - in keeping with that whole - it's our vacation & we want to sleep in way of thinking!

Thanks a bunch!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Its the getting my family out early thats the tricky part. I agree, thats the very best way of tackling the parks.:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the report, early is sometimes the only way to get it done. But I really enjoy sleeping on my vacation.
In that case, I suggest early December, the first or second week. It is incredibly festive and not nearly as busy.

BTW, which Manning are you rooting for?

:sulley: