PDA

View Full Version : ADR and timing

DryCreek
01-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Howdy Folks,
My wife and I are hitting WDW and for the first time we are using the dining plan. We normally take an RV and hole up at Fort Wilderness, but for some reason this year the first week in February is booked up, so we are gonna stay at POR. We have opted for the standard Magic Your Way plan (snack, C-S, T-S).

Due to the varied preferences of our party, I think that the buffets will probably be the most popular choice for our dining. How far in advance should we make reservations - considering the time of year?

As for the "snack" segment of the dining plan, what constitutes a snack? The examples given by the official site list things like drinks, popcorn, bag of chips, piece of fruit. I could have sworn that I have also read somewhere else that it was basically anything under $4. I know that my wife was disappointed (oh excuse me, that would be the DW) since she really likes funnel cakes, and they weren't on the list. Is there a more definite "official" description to be found?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
You need to call now. A lot of the ones that my DH and I wanted were booked and we are going the week before you are. (busy weeks I suppose because the Super Bowl is in Tampa Bay on Feb 1st)

sassy2000
01-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Make you reservations NOW! Even in slower times, the popular restaurants book up quick.

DANAM
01-03-2009, 01:37 AM
For the snack try the ice cream swirled with sorbet in Magic Kingdom. You can find it on the walk way just down from the tea cups along side of the castle. Enchanted Grove is the name of it. That is one of your favorite places!!!

DisneyGlutton
01-03-2009, 01:51 AM
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AS SOON AS YOU READ THIS! I'm serious.

As for snacks, yes, just about anything under $4 is considered a snack. I tended to get a large soda, even though its not the best use of your snack credit.

buzznwoodysmom
01-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I would try to get those ADRs as soon as possible. A friend of mine is going in Feb. and I've been trying to talk her into makeing her ADRs for months. She called this week to tell me she is having to drop the dining plan because all the places they wanted to try are booked. The only ADR they have that they really wanted is for Ohana's on their arrival night because I convinced her to make that one months ago. I do think they were able to get a princess breakfast somewhere, but I beleive that's about it.

mom2morgan
01-03-2009, 11:49 AM
I made mine as soon as I was able- at the 180 day mark. It was for December which is not a peak season, and even then I had to change around a lot of times from what I originally wanted. Thank goodness I DID get all the places I wanted, and no really weird and wild time slots! I think with the dining programs that restaurants are really booking FAR in advance, so I'd hate to take any chances on waiting.

WDWFanatic
01-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Personally we didn't feel like we got our "values" worth eating at the buffets on the dining plan.

Is it just you and your wife going? I would try to get ADRs for the more popular places, but lately people have been posting that they were able to call day of or walk up and get into places. Perhaps if you ate at odd times you could try a few other places.

We found if we did the more popular places for lunch it was easier to get in.

I've never been over superbowl weekend so I'm not sure what the crowds will be like.

Best of luck.

DryCreek
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I didn't get it all done in one call, but it is done!
In the future I will make reservations sooner. We had to make some concessions, but I think that we weer able to get dinner worked in around our must-see and must-do schedule.
The only reason I thought of the buffets first was due to the fact that our party of 4 adults has a wide range of favorites, and it's just easier for me to at least try to make everyone happy while on vacation!