PDA

View Full Version : Soarin'

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Is it too much for a 4 year old?? She meets the height requirements... Loves rollercoasters and other rides... We are planning to make that our first ride of our trip...

g8rgirl29
01-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Our 4yo DD Loved Soarin this past September!! She also Loved Tower of Terror though!! Not that they are anything at all alike. She wasn't afraid at all and we were right in the front on Soarin.

gerald72
01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
She'll be fine. Mine loved Soarin'. Was a little leery at first, especially when he was told to have a nice flight.
He wouldn't do ToT, RnRC, EE, SpM, or BTMRR, but loved soarin.

Zawadi
01-03-2009, 06:09 AM
As long as your daughter is not affraid of heights then she will be fine.

The setup within Soarin' is 3 sets (left, centre & right) of seats each with 3 rows of 10 seats.

When the ride starts the seats move gently forward and upwards, so within your section the front row is the highest and the back row the lowest.

Basically that's all of the motion. Just sit back and enjoy the film.

Each seat has a lap-belt. However, for the little ones there is an additional loop, attached to the middle of the seat, that you can pass the belt through to ensure that the little one cannot slide forwards.

Finally Look out for the hidden mickey and in the words of Patrick, your senior flight attendant, "Enjoy your flight!" :mickey:

:spoiler:

On the golf ball.

stitchaholic
01-03-2009, 06:29 AM
if she is 4 and already enjoting coasters,she will love this,both my kids and my niece(who is a big chicken)loved it!

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks Everyone-- Really looking forward to it!! I can't wait-- it's only 24 days from now...

mrmcgiv
01-03-2009, 10:54 AM
my 4yo loved it and he met height req. at 2 and loved it then too Have fun

mom2morgan
01-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I was chatting with a couple in line who were taking their smaller daughter on it for the first time. They requested they not be in the front row. If your daughter is a little timid about heights, you might want to consider that - the illusion that you are actually hanging out there in open space is more intense when there's no one in front of you :-)

thrillme
01-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Soarin' is a very very MILD ride. I wouldn't worry at all. She'll be fine.

It's no worse than a combination of a swing ride and Peter Pan.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't even do roller coasters but was able to do Soarin...she should be fine:mickey:

kathiep
01-03-2009, 04:38 PM
She'll be fine. My DS was 4 and loved rollercoasters too. I admit, I was a bit apprehensive when DH took him while I waited with DD. But he came running off, insisting I get right back on with him!

nicjohn3
01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
My 4 yr old will not ride anything that goes off ground, but will ride this--He does not realize that the seats move up.

Word of advice--Fast Pass this first thing. The last 3 times we have been there -lines were over 90 min wait and fast passes sold out around 11.

Well worth it!!

mic_keyfan
01-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Absolutely a must our DS (now 7) rides this at least twice while we are there! his first ride was when he was 4! He loves it...I wish we could get him to ride the roller coasters, but he's to afraid yet.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
My 4 year old nephew absolutely LOVED this ride. He was having so much fun that people on the ride were watching him half the time. We went on it so many times he had it memorized and was telling people what was coming next. If she's a dare devil she will be fine.

madi47
01-04-2009, 08:08 AM
great ride. not scary at all. I am afraid of heights and I never had any problems with this. My DD7 really enjoys this ride and has been since the ride opened!!

Daisy'sMom
01-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Nto to change the subject, but has onyone noticed that the Soarin film is getting old looking? It has marks on it in so many places. Or is it my eyes?:mickey:

thrillme
01-04-2009, 03:55 PM
I noticed that last time. Several "burns" in the film, an annoying "spot" on the screen and over all fuzzy (it wasn't my eyes because the "spot" was clear as a neon sign).

Just recently we purchased a HD TV and and I felt the picture was not up to technology anymore. Even theatres seem fuzzy these days in comparison to watching something digital or HD.

iLovethejonasbrothers
01-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I think that she would be fine on Soarin.

Airblue1
01-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I would def. do it!!!

threeh
01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Once my youngest DD met the height requirement we all went on and she loved sorin. I think it is a great ride. Maybe opt for the 3rd row first trip, it doesn't go up so high??
Happy planning:mickey:

Kenny1113
01-06-2009, 11:25 AM
My DS4 has ridden this 4/5 times, the first couple of times he got scared and I just covered his eyes, he was fine. The last times he rode without me covering his eyes and he loved it!!! He can't wait until we go back and he can ride it again!

biodtl
01-07-2009, 12:26 PM
My DD was 4 on our last trip and she is afraid of coasters etc but Soarin was her favorite.