PDA

View Full Version : End of January

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
How bad are the crowds the last week of January? We are going the 25th -Feb.1st. :mickey:

stitchaholic
01-02-2009, 06:22 PM
i hope they are thin,that is when we will be there,however,we went last year at the beginning of january and it was pretty good,until the marathon hit town.

LuvsTigger80
01-02-2009, 06:43 PM
i hope that the crowds are low also. We will be there the 27th to the 4th. I was able to make a adr today for kona to eat at 5pm with no problems. :mickey:

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-02-2009, 07:33 PM
We will be there at the same time-- My only concern is wether or not the Super Bowl in Tampa is going to affect things...

DlandMommy
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
We leave super bowl sunday:( Im so glad I dont have to sit through that boring game this year:thumbsup:With my luck it will probably be on the plane home.hahaha:ack:

kristnjohn
01-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Both in 2006 and 2007 we've gone the last week in January and the crowds were non-existent, it was fantastic! Not a wait for a ride more than 10-15 minutes, and you could always find a spot for the parade. This year we went the first week of December and it was nutz, absolutely crazy. All I can tell you is that we heard the crowds the first week of December weren't supposed to be bad, and they were awful. I'd like to tell you it won't be busy based on our past experience, but it's really hard to say nowadays. Keep us posted on this site, we are planning on moving our trip next year back to January and would love to hear how it went.

BiloxiMom
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
We went last Jan. the very last week, and it was more crowded than the yr. before when we went in mid Jan. Now, we have a trip planned this month 1/24-1/31 so I'm hoping it'll be thin. Who knows? Jan. is much better than April, or June. It's the weather that worries me, not the crowds so much.

disneyjoe
01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
We went the last week of Jan 08 and we found it very busy we found it unusual at this time of the year.We hope it will not be this year as we will be leaving Jan 24th....

22 days and counting:cloud9:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
We are checking in on the 25th and don't check out til Feb 1st. Since the 3 of the last 4 times I've attended have been during the week of Christmas, I'm hoping the crowds will be nothing compared to those weeks. But with the Super Bowl in Tampa on the 1st of Feb.....it is apt to be busy with vacationers on their way to the Bay area. I just hope not at many as with Christmas week.

stitchaholic
01-03-2009, 07:26 AM
is tampa far from orlando? sorry,not a geography expert here. i planned this so that we would miss anything going on,how did i miss superbowl???????????

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-03-2009, 08:04 AM
is tampa far from orlando? sorry,not a geography expert here. i planned this so that we would miss anything going on,how did i miss superbowl???????????

Not a geography expert either-- but I believe it's only 2 hours away...

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Orlando to Tampa Bay....less than 2 hours.

stitchaholic
01-03-2009, 10:26 AM
argghhh! maybe the football fans will be too busy having tailgate parties!!!!!

MickeyChick
01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
We went for that same time period last year and it was wonderful. The crowds were pretty light. We had good seats for the fireworks and parades. We got every ADR we wanted and no problems whatsoever.

bob6572
01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
This will be our 4th time going end of Jan and always found it a great time to go. Much lighter than early Dec. Xmas parties really built up the season. Tampa has it's own international airport so that shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure most will stay in TB for the weekend. Maybe some spillover on Sat.