PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Celebration??

DDuck66
01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Okay, I know it is only the 2nd of January, but has anyone gone for their birthday yet. We are going at the end of January for DW's birthday. We are annual passholders so the DW was going to go for the giftcard. Anyone have any experiences to share yet???

handmaidenofprincesses
01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Not yet, but we're going next week... so I'll tell you when we get back!! ;)

Daisy'sMom
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
We are passholders also and will take the giftcard for my birthday in Feb. My question is, can you use the giftcard in more than one park? I want to spend the day at Epcot, MK and HS and don't know where I want to use it. Does anyone know?:mickey:

DisneyBabies
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I think I read that it can only be used in the park that you receive it at and has to be used that day. If I find anything that says otherwise, I'll post again.

So, if you get it at Epcot, you have to use it at Epcot. And so on for the other parks.

stitchaholic
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
i was pretty sure that the giftcard could be used anywhere on disney property

joelkfla
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I researched this on the WDW intranet for Merchandise, and this is what I found:

The Birthday Fun Card can be redeemed at any DIsney-owned merchandise location on WDW property. That means non-Disney-owned locations, including many DTD shops and some Epcot WS shops, are excluded.

The BFC cannot be used at food locations, but it can be used to purchase pre-packaged snack items at merchandise locations. At locations like SS, where food and gifts are in a combined location, the BFC will not be accepted for meal purchases.

The BFC can be used on multiple purchases at multiple locations, but no portion will be refunded in cash.

This is a change to previous announcements: The BFC will not expire; any remaining balance can still be used after your birthday.

The BFC can also be used towards the purchase of tours, BBB packages, PhotoPass purchases, and the rental of wheelchairs, strollers, and FW golf carts. Also, any discounts you may have on purchases or rentals can be used at the same time as the BFC.

handmaidenofprincesses
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
This is a change to previous announcements: The BFC will not expire; any remaining balance can still be used after your birthday.

Are you sure this is right? The bday website FAQs still say:

Q: What if I don't spend my entire birthday fun card on my birthday?
A: The birthday fun card is valid only on your birthday. Any residual value cannot be recovered by the Guest after that day.

Still, I hope you're right.. that would make my aunt's day, she's worried she won't be able to spend it all at once!

joelkfla
01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you sure this is right?
Yup. This was posted internally in a memo to Merchandise CM's, updated 12/31/08:

The Birthday Fun Card has no expiration date (this is a change from previous communication).
and:

What if a celebrant doesn’t spend their entire Birthday Fun Card on their birthday? The Birthday Fun Card does not expire, so the Guest may use the Birthday Fun Card at any time in participating locations.

Enjoy!

CaptSmee
01-02-2009, 11:09 PM
We've travelled the last 3 years on my sisters birthday and all it ever really gets you is recognition from everyone in the parks. Other than that, I think she was given a signed card from the workers at the photoshop of Buzz Lightyears once. Don't expect to be showered with gifts because it's your birthday.

EditReject
01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
We've travelled the last 3 years on my sisters birthday and all it ever really gets you is recognition from everyone in the parks. Other than that, I think she was given a signed card from the workers at the photoshop of Buzz Lightyears once. Don't expect to be showered with gifts because it's your birthday.

This is not the regular Birthday Button that you get when you are on property and it is your birthday. The Birthday Fun Card coincides with the free day at a park promotion Disney is running all year if you visit on your birthday. In the scenario above where someone is already an annual Passholder, you get the card instead to use for merchandise/services on property.

Stu29573
01-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm just bummed because my birthday is in September, my wife's is in November, and my daughter's is in February. I work for a school district, so there's no way we can celebrate any of them...:(

Daisy'sMom
01-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm just bummed because my birthday is in September, my wife's is in November, and my daughter's is in February. I work for a school district, so there's no way we can celebrate any of them...:(

That's terrible. Can you call in sick for a few days?:mickey:

Stu29573
01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
That's terrible. Can you call in sick for a few days?:mickey:

The thought has crossed my mind.....:secret:

Giggy
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
The thought has crossed my mind.....:secret:

You have a Mickey deficiency and will be out of town for treatment. :secret:

DDuck66
01-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Not yet, but we're going next week... so I'll tell you when we get back!! ;)

Let us know when you get back how it was. Happy Birthday in advance.