PDA

View Full Version : My dad wants lobster...

vorpalswrd
01-02-2009, 01:22 AM
We are going to be on the DDP - basic and I could use some advice on where to find the best lobster. It's okay if it is a 2 choice restaurant. The best possibility I have found so far is Narcoossee's. Thanks in advance :mickey:

DisneyGlutton
01-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Narcoossee's is the only place I've had lobster at WDW, but it was fabulous. Since you are on the DP, I would suggest getting the surf and turf if you also like steak--its the best meal I've ever had and a good deal, if not a steal, lol.

DizneyRox
01-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Coral Reef (of course) used to have a grilled lobster of some sort, but I think the DDP has long since forced changes to the menu to remove expensive items like lobster from most if not all normal TS restaurants. I would be surprised if many of the Signature Restaurants have it either, but I have heard Narcoossee's (as mentioned).

TheDuckRocks
01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I enjoyed the surf and turf at Narcoosee's a couple of weeks ago and the lobster was so good on my next trip I'll be ordering the whole lobster. I saw many of they served and they are large.
Surf and Turf - $58
Whole lobster - $59

Tinkerbellfan
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Hello,

During our trip to WDW in November, we dined at Narcoosee's. I had the whole Maine lobster while my boyfriend had the surf & turf. The night we dined there, the lobster entree was the whole maine lobster while the surf & turf was with warm lobster.

We both preferred the whole maine lobster as it was a bit more tender. At Narcoosee's, the break the shells for you so it is very easy to eat the lobster.

It was the only place we saw whole lobster as an entree.

Enjoy!

SurferStitch
01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Our favorite place for lobster is Narcoossee's. It's always so fresh and sweet.

We've also had the twin lobster tails at Cap'n Jack's in DTD, and that was 1 TS credit. Still very good, but not as good as Narc's.

We get great lobster at Fulton's, but they're not on the DDP.

Natazu
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
First of all, your user ID is freakin' awesome.

For the best lobster, Narcoossee's Whole Maine Lobster is the way to go, not the Surf-n-turf, the real stuff.

Oh, and for a surprise treat, set up a breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe and order him the Lobster Eggs Benedict.

Hammer
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I also agree with Narcoossee's, though I don't have any complaints with the surf and turf. Have had both the whole Maine Lobster and the surf and turf (the tail is from a Florida warm water lobster) and enjoyed both. Here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=147579) is a link to my review from dining at Narcoossee's about 2 weeks ago.

Followthatmouse
01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
We certainly enjoyed the whole Maine lobster at Narcoossee's. The flesh was sweet and plump and the body, large. In fact, I am drooling just thinking about it. Pass that drawn butter, would you?

thrillme
01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
:offtopic: I remember having whole lobster for the first time with my late husband (we were at Red Lobster). He was describing to me how to break the tail off. I tried it and it flew out of my hands and what seemed like 100 feet in slow motion and nearly hit a poor lady in the head. Fortunately she leaned over to talk to her friend so it just landed on her skirt...one of her wide eyed table partners just sat there frozen in witness to the near accident.

We were seated in the back where several tables shared a bench seat...I quickly slid down the seat grabbed the lobster and put it back on my plate hoping no one else saw. No such luck...a couple of minutes later a waitress with raccon eyes (from laughing so her makeup ran) told me she was elected by the staff to "assist" me.

I guess it's a good thing Narccoss breaks it up for you.:blush:

SBETigg
01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I would also go with the Maine lobster at Narcoossee's and not the surf and turf. I'm from New England and the lobster with the surf and turf was not bad, but was disappointing for this lobster fan. Narcoossee's offers a wonderful dining experience with lots of good things on the menu. And Jym's tip about the Grand Floridian Cafe sounds good, too.

vorpalswrd
01-03-2009, 03:50 PM
thanks for all the help, narc's it is!

nicjohn3
01-03-2009, 08:16 PM
No more lobster at Cap n Jacks in DTD. No longer on menu as of November when we went.