PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's Very Merry Christmas Trip, Day Eight

Dsnygirl
01-02-2009, 12:24 AM
The cast on this trip:

Me - 41 year old kid at heart who loves all things Disney, and planner extraordinnaire for our trips...

DH - 42 year old adult at heart who loves Disney and enjoys our trips more & more each time!

DD10 - closely following in her mom's footsteps as a Disney lover & planner w/ lots of ideas for this trip...

DD7- future Disney lover who was all about the rides and the characters this trip

Day Eight, Tues. Dec. 16

(sorry it's taken me so long to get to this last day.... gotta hate it when work gets in the way of "real life".... :blush:)

Today was our last day, so we woke up a bit sad... but it was also the first time on any of our trips that we were going to be able to go to the parks before leaving, so that really made it feel a LOT better. Plus, we'd had a wonderful time on not a lot of sleep, and we're a family that values our sleep... so we were ready to get home and rest a bit, believe it or not! (and believe me when I say that I was SHOCKED that I was actually okay with leaving!!)

After finishing throwing our stuff into our suitcases, we were actually ready when bell services showed up at our door 10 minutes early -- another minor miracle. We were whisked off to the Common House to check out, our luggage was sent off to the airport, our carry-on bags were stowed at bell services, and we were off to MK by 9:15!! Amazing!!

It was a bit bittersweet, hitting Main Street today... the sky was crystaline blue, not a cloud in it, the prettiest morning we'd had by far. So we shopped just a bit and then hit the bakery for some AWESOME pastries before trying again to get the girls to see the Fairies.

Unfortunately, seeing Tink and her gang was the one thing that we couldn't accomplish this trip... the line, even a half-hour after they'd opened it, was over an hour, and the girls again decided it wasn't worth the wait. I couldn't believe it, but there you go. Sometimes riding those favorite rides one last time wins out over everything else!! :D

So, off we went to Tom Sawyer's Island, Mickey bars in hand.... (yes, Mickey bars at 10:45am... does life get any better??) The girls loved it over there, the caves especially... we had to finally drag them off an hour later so we could try to hit a few things we hadn't done yet.

Dan ran to Space Mtn to get FP's while the girls and I hit the Tiki room (another first for them) and SFRT'house for me (my favorite, esp. the view from the very top, of the castle... :cloud9:). Then it was off to find Dan, who had hooked up with our friends at Buzz and was riding it with them, gaining some serious pointers on how to hit the big score!! He'd gotten 4 FP's for Sp Mtn, but wasn't in the mood to ride, so we grabbed one of our friends who loves the ride, adopted her for our FP and the four of us ran off to ride, one last time. Emma wanted SO badly to ride up front, and got her wish -- she was SO excited, and just loved it.

Afterwards, we met up with our friends again and rode Buzz twice... AFTER I got the same insider info from Dan about the Z's to hit, of course!! :D (And I scored WAY better than ever -- thanks to our friend Brian!!) Not long after we got off, Julia discovered she had left her new friend Figaro on the ride and was distraught -- leaving today was becoming hard for her, and then losing him... well, let's just say the tears were VERY sad. But, we went in and explained what happened to the CM's of the ride, and someone rode around for 5 minutes and found him, much to her delight, and ours. Phew!!!

From there, it was time for a few pictures in front of the castle with our friends and time to say goodbye to them... the girls had become fast friends, so they were sad to leave... but we are seriously hoping to see them next time we are there, and letters and stickers back and forth will have to do 'til then!

We grabbed a quick lunch @ Cosmic Ray's (which was another first for us, and we thought the food was GREAT...), I had one last swing through the Emporium for a CD (okay, two... and the castle lights throw...:blush:) and then it was off to our resort to meet our towncar.

Our driver was, of course, there early... so we couldn't even pretend that we'd been forgotten and missed our flight... :blush: ... and soon we were going underneath the Disneyworld sign, back into the real world and the airport and the snow awaiting us at home.

All in all, it was a great trip -- I think I'll do a "last thoughts" trip report, too, as this one is probably already long enough!!

mouseketeer mom
01-02-2009, 07:58 AM
The last day is always bittersweet...and you mentioned it was the prettiest day so far. We found that to be the case on quite a few of our trips, that departure day was always perfect weather..:confused: go figure.
I enjoyed your reports..and I look forward to "final thoughts"!

yjgirl32
01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

pogo
01-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't know how you guys can get going so fast in the morning. We take forever getting out the door. Could it be because we are getting :old: ??

We wanted to hook up with you guys one more time during this trip, but we were going in different directions and it didn't happen. :(

Thanks for finally completing your trip reports. It was fun reading them. :D

pdrlkr
01-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
What a relief that Figment was found! It's hard to have to leave but worse when you've lost a good friend in the process!

Kisobel
01-04-2009, 08:44 AM
sad thats is almost over- but you and i know how soon you will be back.

kate

CanadianWDWFan
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for "finally" finishing your reports!:D

Reading your reports make me homesick! After all we only have 230 days to go until we get back.

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
So glad to see your Day 8 up, Blythe! Sounds like you guys got a full morning/early afternoon in! Glad the girls got to spend time together! :cloud9:

Bethis26fan
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Sounds like a great last day.

DizNee143
01-05-2009, 09:19 AM
sounds like a great last day...
going to the parks the day your leaving was a first for me last trip also..it was so fun to get in that last bit of magic!!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
What a great trip! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!:mickey: