PDA

View Full Version : CBR Room Category Question

cheshirecollector
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Whenever I go to CBR, I try to stay in Aruba or Jamaica, and avoid Trinidad South (it has a different view than the other villages). The last time I stayed there, all of the villages were considered equal category-wise, so I could only make a request.

Later, there were "preferred" areas. I could avoid Trinidad South by choosing a preferred room, but then I wouldn't get Aruba or Jamaica.

Now, I've noticed that the Trinidad South "pirate" rooms seem to be a category all to themselves. Here's my question: Are ALL of the Trinidad South rooms going to be pirate rooms? I want to reserve the least expensive room that avoids Trinidad South, so can I reserve a standard room now, or do I still have to choose a preferred location? (My trip would be in the summer, if that helps - not sure when all the renovations will be done.) Thanks for your help.

DisneyBabies
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes, all of Trinidad South will be pirate themed, so unless you actually book one of those rooms specifically, you don't have to worry about them. The preffered locations are Martinique and Trinidad North, so if you don't want those, don't pay for a prefered room.

So, the only chance to get Aruba or Jamaica is to reserve a regular room and request either of those villages. And of course, Disney will try to accomodate you, but they can't guarantee room assignments.

CleveRocks
01-01-2009, 07:10 PM
CBR's room categories:

Pirate-themed: this is all of the rooms in Trinidad South. Costs extra per night.

Preferred location: this is all of the rooms in Trinidad North, and half of the rooms in Martinique (buildings 24-25-26 are preferred location, buildings 21-22-23 are not). Costs extra per night.

King-size bed: sprinkled throughout the resort. Costs extra per night.

Water view: sprinkled throughout the resort (every village has frontage on the lake AND each village has its own quiet pool, and therefore each village has some water view rooms. Costs extra per night.

Standard: all the rest of the rooms. Some are sub-categorized as garden view and some as parking lot view, but these are not "reservable" categories ... they are catgeories in the computer system within CBR itself, but not in the computers at the Disney Reservations Center.

cheshirecollector
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Thank you both!