PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant would you choose?

TikiGoddess
01-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Here's a fun poll for you:

Money is no object. The kids are back at the hotel room with a babysitter, safe and sound. You and your spouse have 5 hours all to yourselves in the World for dinner and fireworks viewing. Where would you go?

Thanks,
Kathy

WDWFanatic
01-01-2009, 03:54 PM
So Kathy, could this be for your upcoming AWESOME trip?

Was dining included in your prize?

ibrowse17
01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
While we love Artist's Point, the Yatchsmans become our favorite "fancy" place to eat. We love the walk from Epcot, and seem to always head to DHS by boat after dinner. That would be our pick:thumbsup:

faline
01-01-2009, 05:12 PM
For a very special dinner where money is no object, I'd select Victoria and Albert's.

DisneyGlutton
01-01-2009, 05:33 PM
If money were no object, I'd have to go with Bistro de Paris since its not on the dining plan, lol. Victoria and Alberts seems too stuffy for me...I like fancy food, but not fancy clothes!

Tbelle1976
01-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I also chose Victoria & Alberts. To my it would be a once in a lifetime thing to do. I really think I would appreciate each course they have to offer as well as each wine.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Victoria and Albert's would only be on my list if money wasn't an object. But since it always is, I'll probably never eat there.
We did eat at the Cali Grill this past trip and it was fantastic! Great food and great service and going out on the walk way for the fireworks was fabulous!

Crow
01-01-2009, 11:48 PM
tough call
Tokyo Dining the best service & great sushi....sake. view of the lagoon.
CG also has great sushi & good flatbread and good choices for wine etc and nice 15th floor view
AP i voted for, simply because its more exp than TD & the WL has the best theming

xoHelloKittyox
01-02-2009, 04:48 AM
OHANA's NO DOUBT!!!! :)
It's not a WDW trip unless we go there! I'm in love with their chicken wings :cloud9:

VWL Mom
01-02-2009, 08:17 AM
For a very special dinner where money is no object, I'd select Victoria and Albert's.:ditto:

mouseketeer mom
01-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I've never even considered Victoria and Alberts since our family of 5 travels in a pack..we've taken the kids to Cali Grill, Narcoosees, you get it..!
I think for fun, I'd try Victoria and Alberts, it would be a fun, can't do this at home, kind of experience.

DDuck66
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Dinner at OHanas and a romantic walk under the stars to the beach behind the Poly for the nightly showing of Wishes!!!

SurferStitch
01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Victoria and Albert's....no contest!

Then, after dinner you can watch the fireworks from the marina with hardly anyone around. It's wonderful! DH and I watched them from there 4 or 5 times on our last trip. We just had to walk out the back of Sugar Loaf with a glass of wine in hand, and we had an instant romantic fireworks experience. :cloud9:

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Since this seems to come up twice a week...I'll keep saying the same thing

Victoria and alberts
Jiko
Citricos
California Grill
Artists Point

...in that order

big blue and hairy
01-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Since this seems to come up twice a week...I'll keep saying the same thing

Victoria and alberts
Jiko
Citricos
California Grill
Artists Point

...in that order
I haven't had the chance to try V&A and Jiko yet. I agree with the rest of the list, although I think California Grill and Citrico's might swap places. It's a close call, though.

:sulley:

Ropachs
01-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I voted YS, never been and would love to, saw it on the Travel Channel.
I have been to both Ohana and LeCellier - and would absolutely love to go back!!

Perdita
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
California Grille is awesome.:cloud9: We have been many times and paid for sitter. Schedule dinner during evening fireworks--food is heaven, so is wine, great with large group or romantic dinner--we are going this year and my oldest is 13 and will be babysitting so that saves us mucho$$.

Artist Point is also excellent--view of Electrical Water Pageant is great if you are dining at that time period

My 3rd choice would be Bistro at Epcot. Only the Bistro, not Chef's de France.

Great choices, however.:thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I haven't had the chance to try V&A and Jiko yet. I agree with the rest of the list, although I think California Grill and Citrico's might swap places. It's a close call, though.

:sulley:

obviously V&As is a big monetary committment.....and it has gone up significantly in the last 4 years.....

but if you can set aside the cost and the time....it is truly a world class restaurant...as most who have dined will attest too....

Jiko is a tremendous hidden gem at WDW....not to critics, who have rated it only below VandA's...but a large portion of travelers....

It is amazing.....the menu is not overly exotic...but has just enough different choices to make it stand out a little from all the other restaurants that have, sadly, been streamlined in their choices to the point they are all interchangeable....

And everything is excellent. Jiko has a superior chef.....as Scotty Hunnell at V&a's (and by extenstion...alot of the food at citricos) is.....
that's what it comes down too.

LibertyTreeGal
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Voted V&A -- Ohanas was the biggest disappointment of my last trip with dry meat, blech. I only like d the salad, otherwise the food was pretty unimaginative.

Duchess99
01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I've been to all of these restaurants except Tokyo Dining and V&A's. I'd love to go to V&A's, but money always is an option.
But I voted for California Grill...this is my fav restaurant!!! I would get a ton of sushi, a flatbread, the pork tenderloin entree, a cheese plate AND dessert. All accompanied by fine wine and spirits.
Ugh I wish money wasn't an option :cloud9:

Natazu
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
It's gotta be V&A, Kathy. You won't regret it. I promise, like, a lot.

GrmGrninGost
01-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Victoria and Albert's for me! :mickey: Cali Grill would be a close second!

mkymouse0206
01-03-2009, 08:52 PM
It's not a Disney vacation without Ohana! :lei: :tikki:

MickeyMousse
01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Yachtsman, hands down!
Great food, wonderful service and the ability to walk over to Epcot is a huge plus!

RAIDER
01-05-2009, 05:04 AM
For dinner i would go for Bistro de Paris
lunch i would go for Le Cellier :thumbsup:

dteed
01-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Ap,

ElenitaB
01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Money is no object? The kids are with a sitter? Definitely V&A.

The others you could possibly go with the kids... but you couldn't visit V&A with them for quite a few years more (and then would they even enjoy the experience?). With your appreciation of the culinary arts, I think it would be a "once (or twice) in a lifetime" experience for you and your DH.