PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not use Photopass?

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't know if its just us or what, but our family has never taken a good picture using photopass. We stopped using it on our last trip. My pics always turn out really good compared to the photopass photogs..and thats interesting because I certainly don't have any special picture taking talent!

TheRustyScupper
01-01-2009, 03:09 PM
1) We do not us it.
2) If we want that particular view, we give them our camera.
3) The CM will snap the picture using your camera for free.

Tbelle1976
01-01-2009, 07:15 PM
I used it last year and loved it. I found it well worth the money, and also thought that each picture they took turned out to be just as good and often times better than what I could have taken.
We will going back down next month and I plan to use the Photopass again.

buzznwoodysmom
01-01-2009, 08:22 PM
We've only once bought a photo taken by photopass. I tend to take tons of pictures, and my pictures are usually better than the ones taken by photopass as well. I have looked at our photos online, but never end up buying them.

DDuck66
01-02-2009, 10:44 AM
We usually do both. We take a lot of our own pics, but we also like to get some of the photopass pics as well. Of course we always get the free one from the Disney Visa at Epcot. I especially like some of the other products at the photopass site, especially the Memory Book.

wire0monkey
01-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I usually find my photos are as good or better than the Photopass photographers with one exception: the castle shots at MK.

The Photopass photographers in front of the castle are patient, wait for a good shot (everybody smiling, looking at the camera), and always know exactly the right place to stand.

Those photos are well worth the money.

Daisy'sMom
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
We only used it once when my niece was here visiting and she wanted one taken in front of the castle.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
We've used it a few times. When we took my niece with us we used it alot. I wanted lots of pics of the 3 of us. We bought the CD then.:mickey:

Natazu
01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
If we go for more than a week, we buy the CD. It's nice for borders and special stuff. When we're on site for short trips, we just have them use our camera for group shots.

Also, in '07, we were there for a three week visit. After we got home, there was a hard drive mishap. The only pics we have left now are the ones on the Photopass CD.

dteed
01-03-2009, 09:41 PM
We use it and look at them online, rarely buy them but sometimes they are just too good to pass up.

Pirate Granny
01-04-2009, 12:09 AM
We no longer bring a camera to the park and only use the photopass...we've been so many times that we just purchase a few and add the border w/year.

We did purchase the CD when we did the Magical Gathering in November. It was well worth the $$$ to have all of us together...we did take our camera then too though...and some of our pictures were just a good, but alas, always had someone not in the picture (as they were taking the picture)...

:pirate:

cindchan
01-04-2009, 01:15 AM
I have never used it before. I think I get a free one with my "buy 4 get 3 free" offer. Have to check on that. If so, I might get one by my beloved Giant Golf Ball. ^_^

kathiep
01-04-2009, 08:51 AM
We always get the pictures taken. Bt the only time we ordered one was when a free print came with our package. I usually have my camera and take the same shot they do and they come out just as good. Except - I'm never in any pictures :confused:

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 12:26 PM
We do both also. We figure, why not? We don't have to buy the pictures, and now that you buy them online instead of stopping on the way out of the park, it's a fun thing to look at after we get home. We've bought a few but the majority just fade away...:D

:sulley:

dumbo_buddy
01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
we'll use it if we remember. on our january trip i actually bought 2 pics because they were very good (and i looked skinny! LOL). on our september trip however we took the pics but when we looked online they weren't good.

it doesn't hurt to take the pics. and if you like em, buy them. but the pics are pretty expensive.

goofiecrazy
01-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Whats the price for the park photo they take of u at the front of the park as u walk in.The last time we were there i think i paid like 14 bucks for it. Would like i idea when we head down again this summer.

Ropachs
01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
We were disappointed with PP on our last trip. We didn't seem to find any photographers except for the "big" locations, like the castle, etc. For our week trip, we have about 20 photos - and they weren't very good! We did much better on our own. I only wound up ordering one because it had a special effect added which looked really neat. I won't even bother next trip though.

PrettyMinnie
01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
We used the photopass on our last trip and some pictures turned out decent and others were blurry. However, the effects they use are nice but not worth it.

anneo
01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
We bought the CD when we were there for our honeymoon. I wouldn't have bothered with it, but it was hubby's first trip, and he wanted it so we got it. Some of the positions the photographers put us in were really cheesy, and I didn't like how a majority of them came out.

IloveDisney71
01-11-2009, 06:07 PM
We usually get a few pictures taken by the photopass photographers and I've bought about 5 or 6 pictures through the years but I take most of our vacation pictures myself. I've often found that the photopass pictures aren't any better than mine. Most of the pictures we've bought through the photopass site have been of our whole group or of my DH and I when we went without the kids. I would never buy the pre-paid cd because we don't take that many pictures. I like to be able to come home and buy one or two but that's it.

Peterpanflight
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
i have used it before but lately i take better pics with my own camera than they do. For some reason i get better shots so there is no need to get those anymore for us.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
We just started using PP a couple years ago and quite like it. Great for group shots with everyone in them and some great fun ones.
What got me going on them was wanting a picture of DH and I in front of the sunset colored castle at MK at night and loved it! :cloud9: I find the shots are also as creative as the photographer sometimes and we've been fortunate to have some really good ones!