PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Family's 10 Days Of Christmas-day 1 And 2

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Cast-DM-Patty age 61
DS-Dylan age 14
Me-Amy age 39

Day 1:
We left south Mississippi around 4 am and had a pretty smooth 10 hour drive and with the time change arrived at Pop around 3 pm...I had requested a ground floor room close to bus stops and laundry facilities and my request was granted...we got a preferred room 0148 in the 70s section.

We headed over to Hollywood Studios to let Dylan ride RcnRoller Coaster but he was unable to get on...120 minute wait...we waded through the hordes of people and made it onto the Great Movie Ride and decided we didn't want to fight the crowd anymore so we went to the Grand Floridian to check out the Gingerbread house. Then over to DTD and Wolfgang Pucks for the best CS meal we've had at Disney-I will post dining reviews later. We decided to turn in early and headed back to Pop.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

We discovered that if you get to the park at opening, you can do a lot before lunch...case in point..Dylan rode Space Mountain, then we did Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Stitch, Carousel of Progress, Indy, Splash Mountain-Dylan only, Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion all before lunch. We ate lunch at Peco's Bills and loved it....after lunch we went to Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Toontown, PhilharMagic, Snow White, and Mad Tea Party. By this time the waits for Peter Pan, IASW and Pooh were too long so we browsed in some shops, watched the parade and by that time it was time for dinner at Crystal Palace. The meal was good and we saw all of the characters at least once. Dylan was trying to be really mature and act like he wasn't into the characters, but Tigger started horsing around with him and he got into it...before we left he took his picture with Tigger, Piglet, Pooh and Eeyore...LOL

We finished up the night with Spectro Magic and Wishes...it started raining right before the Parade and it got very chilly.....after the fireworks we returned to Pop and hit the sack exhausted....we only got about 6 hours of sleep before getting up.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Cast-DM Patty Age 61
DS Dylan Age 14
Me Amy Age 39

Day 3: Epcot
Once again we made it for opening and got a lot done early, it was very chilly this day....first up Soarin...I have a fear of heights and made myself ride this one...I am so glad, it was wonderful...then we let Dylan ride Mission Space and Test Track, then Ellen's Adventure, and then to WS for lunch at Marrakesh...:ack: we did not like this meal but the belly dancer was entertaining and Dylan enjoyed that: We then browsed a few shops and headed over to Mexico to ride their ride, we didn't like the changes on this one:( The wait for Maelstrom was long so we skipped it for now...then WE spent a couple more hours browsing in WS and then back to Future World but Spaceship Earth already had a long wait, so we grabbed fish and chips -very good-in the UK before heading back to Pop for laundry and and early night...

Day 4: Animal Kingdom

We were there early and saw opening ceremonies....We went straight to Everest where Dylan rode the coaster twice:D Then onto the Safari, we got back seat and had a wild ride...an ostrich with an attitude blocked the road for about 15 minutes so we got an extra long and uncomfortable visit with an annoyed cheetah....Then we were onto Tough to Be a Bug and Legend of the Lion King-I still love this one...we then had our traditional lunch at Rainforest Cafe which was good as usual..Dylan rode Dinosaur and we watched the parade which is one of my favorites...The line for Finding Nemo was too long...I was told an hour and a half wait so we skipped it...Primeval whirl's fastpass was down so Dylan didn't get on this one either....we decided to head over to Wilderness Lodge to see decorations...this is now my favorite themed hotel....then onto DTD for shopping and dinner at Raglan Road-I liked my meal a lot, mom and Dylan said their's were good but nothing special.

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Sounds like the waits were pretty long for some of the rides.
I have a 14 year old too, and she totally gets into all of Disney while she is there. I love it! Glad Dylan got into the characters at Crystal Palace. Still feels great doesn't it, to see our babies, trying so hard to grow up, revert back to kids again at WDW!!!
Thanks for the report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh yes,I love that he got into it....finally letting me take pictures too:mickey:

faline
01-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Even thought it was quite crowded, you managed to get a lot done! I really like the decorations at Wilderness Ldoge as well!

the other micki
01-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Sounds like lots of fun! You seemed to have managed the crowds well.

pdrlkr
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Sounds like you have a good plan with getting to the parks early. Thanks for sharing.