PDA

View Full Version : Food Delivery to DVC Resorts???

Disney Maniac
01-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Everyone!!! We have recently bought into the DVC at AKV!:party::cloud9:! Our upcoming trip will be 4 nights at SSR and 3 nights at AKV for the week of June 6th through June 13th 2009.

But I have a quick question. Are there places around SSR and AKV that will delivery food to you? Such as Chinese and Pizza delivery places. If what are the names and what is their food like? Also what are the prices like? We are trying to figure out if we want to do the DDP or just a couple of TS resurants and the rest CS and delivery food. So any info or suggestion about the food delivery would be great!!:mickey:

Disneyfamilyoffive
01-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Not sure if they have food delivery or not, we have stayed quite a few times, various places all Disney property, We have stayed at the camp ground cabins, and in our camper, we have stayed at SSR and the VWL. Also once upon a time we even stayed at the value resorts which does have in house pizza delivery, when all we wanted to do was see the parks... But for the most part we bring food to cook, since we have a camper and when we stay at the resorts we stay in at least one bedrooms so that we have a full kitchen. There is a Winn Dixie not far from SSR and downtown disney. There is a Cicis Pizza on exit 68, Olive Garden, Mexican, Pizza Hut, Mickey d's just to name a few. Not sure if you will have access to a vehicle. If so this will be your best and least costly. However we have had real good luck with Rainforest cafe and food being good and plenty that we can share. This may even be an option. I really hope this helps. :mickey:

playdead88
01-03-2009, 05:54 PM
i have had groceries delivered by gardengrocer.com and goodings.com in the past but i haven't ever ordered from a restaurant outside the world

threeh
01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I did garden grocer online and set it all p. It was really easy. My fist trip is at the end of the month, I'm sure it'll work out great!!

Happy planning:mickey:

dmosher
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
A few places will deliver to WDW, your best bet is to ask at the front desk. they usually have a list of places that deliver or can advise you if you are looking for a particular type of food. Pizza, Chinese, etc are all available for a charge to your room or at the very least to the actual resort lobby.
:pipes:
D

Disney_Barbie
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM
My best advise is to look thru the yellowpages & call around once you get there.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney cast members, but last yr while staying @ WL, we came home from PI one night rather late (I do'nt remember for sure but I think it was between 2-3am) and were RAVENOUS, we asked the front desk if there was anywhere we could get food this late, and I don't know if their not suposed to advise things outside of disney or what, but unfortunatly all they were able to do was list off all the dining options that we already missed (IE - "sorry, but room service closed at midnight, and roaring forks stoped serving @ 11) ect. (But like I said, I'm not discrediting her or guest services, she probably was advised to not recommed non-disney things)
Anyway, point of the story, we whipped out the yellowpages from the nightland in our room, and it did take a while to find somewhere willing to deliver THAT late but eventually we found a place & we got pizza :)
If I remember correctly, many of the ads right in the book mentioned that they deliver to the WDW resorts, it must be a big buisness for them!