PDA

View Full Version : DVC Resort at Disneyland???

MICKEY BOSE
12-31-2008, 06:55 PM
A while back I saw some news and information that they were building a DVC Resort at Disney's Grand Californian Resort...

Anyone know what happened there?

I never heard anything more about it...

Any help is appreciated...

Tony

Carol
12-31-2008, 07:38 PM
It's currently under construction. I toured the mock villa in October. They are gorgeous! :pine:

Edit to add: Small World! I work in Millbrook New York. :)

DVC Mike
12-31-2008, 07:58 PM
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (VGC) will open in November 2009.

Pre-sales start late January for "founding members" (DVC members who recently purchased their memberships at DLR in California), and then 60 days later (late March) for all other DVC members.

MICKEY BOSE
01-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks so much!!!

Why don't we ever hear anything about this?

I am planning a trip to DIsneyland in early 2010...hope I can get in there!!!

JPL
01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
To me the bigger mystery is what happened to the DVC area that was suppose to go into the Disneyland Hotel? Back in 2002 they had at least area closed and even had a sign up that said Future Home of DVC.

Ian
01-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Why don't we ever hear anything about this?IMO, I think it's because Disney does little-to-no marketing of Disneyland to East Coasters.

I guess they just assume we all go to Disney World and have no interest in traveling 2,500 miles to visit the original.

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
IMO, I think it's because Disney does little-to-no marketing of Disneyland to East Coasters.

I guess they just assume we all go to Disney World and have no interest in traveling 2,500 miles to visit the original.

Disneyland is a great park with a lot to offer....california adventure/downtown is a complete disaster.....and then if you want to take a walk.....you run into a tourist block or a freeway....

Disney is probably right to assume that the sheer size of WDW as compared to Disneyland is too big of a downshift to focus marketing on the Eastern crowd that refers to WDW as simply "disney"...

....i would bet everyone's farm that they are right....

It's not really a mystery why Disneyland isn't pushed in the east.....it wouldn't work other than for a novelty visit anyway....all Disney's marketing efforts are built on volume and repeat business....

It has been the cornerstone of their themepark wing since WDW was built.