PDA

View Full Version : HELP! With a Dining Dilemma....

ravsluvdisney
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
DW and I have always made time for one "adult" meal without the DS' and have covered some great 1st meals - Cali Grille, Le Cellier, Yacht Club, etc.

We have narrowed down our "new" choice for next trip to three....Bistro de Paris, Narcoossee's and Artist Point. Have reviewed the menus and all look tasty to us!! :thumbsup:

So who has eaten at any or all of these and what did you think?

:eat::chef::wine::cheers:

dteed
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
I love both Artist point and Narcosees. Based on our frequency of visiting and eating one really nice meal each trip, we have done AP 4 more times than Narc, we just really love AP. So far we have steered clear of France and propably will continue to do that. If you choose Narcosees, try to be there during Wishes, you have a great view and the music is piped in.

junedis
12-31-2008, 04:23 PM
My husband and I ate at AP last year and truly enjoyed it. The salmon was fabulous and the Wilderness Lodge is nice to visit. Enjoy your dinner!

pluto 77
01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
We have eaten at all three restaurants you mentioned. I would suggest you try either Narcoossees or Artist Point. These two are consistently our favorites.

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Narcoosees.
Every single thing about our experience was top notch. Perfect. Magical. Delicious. And..we had our three kids with us!!! I highly recommend it.

TheRustyScupper
01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
1) Narcoossee's and Artist Point are good.
2) But, I would select Bistro.
3) We eat at ONLY five sit-downs at WDW, and only two are owned by Disney.
4) Bistro is one on our list.

Crow
01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
AP
ate at both AP (which Ive done a few times) & Narcoosees last trip. food was good at both but I like WL a lot better than GF although the view was nice from Narcoosees. the food wasnt bad but not a place Ill go to again in the near future. whereas Ive repeated AP.

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
1) Narcoossee's and Artist Point are good.
2) But, I would select Bistro.
3) We eat at ONLY five sit-downs at WDW, and only two are owned by Disney.
4) Bistro is one on our list.

Agree....though i eat at most locations....there are only a couple that i would say are sure bets

We're going sans the little dude to Bistro on the 13th....can't wait

I do like Artist's Point and recommend that
Narcoossee's is a big no.....completely overprice and overated....

and not only that....Citrico's right inside is a much better option if you want that sort of price level.

I would bet that the Scupper's 2 Disney owned restaurants that he frequents are Jiko and California Grill....
just a guess

big blue and hairy
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Narcoossee's is a big no.....completely overprice and overated....
and not only that....Citrico's right inside is a much better option if you want that sort of price level.

Hmmm....I loved Citricos, too. I was thinking about Narcoossee's, please elaborate.

:sulley:

Perdita
01-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Out of Narcoosee's, Bistro de Paris and Artist's Point (I've dined at least once at all three). I would choose #1 Artist's Point, #2 & #3 tied with Narcoosee's and Bistro. I think all 3 are fantastic choices. I would schedule a later dining time if you'd like less kiddies running around when you eat. I have children and when I get a sitter, I hate to listen to kids crying and screaming and running around my table when I'm trying to enjoy my dinner at an expensive restaurant.

lockedoutlogic
01-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Hmmm....I loved Citricos, too. I was thinking about Narcoossee's, please elaborate.

:sulley:

It's a little pricier than the other "signature" restaurants...other than a few offerings at Yachtsmans....

The food quality is good....it does have Lobster.....but I've never had what i would call a superior Appetizer, Entree or Dessert....

I have had superior experiences at Citricos, Artist's Point, Flying Fish, Brown Derby, Bistro....and both Jiko and V&As - where EVERYTHING is superior.

Again...haven't had a bad food experience at Narcs....just a string of average/good ones.....no "great" ones

I have also witnessed the most unprofessional conduct by both the chefs and the cookie cuttter cardboard cutout managers they strap to the podiums there (on two separate occasions).....completely inappropriate in a restaurant that is wide open and voices carry....

I don't like the set up of the dining room as well...it's too noisy and for all the hub bub.....the views are severly limited and not nearly as good as the Cali or even Ohana...in my book.....

Really...it's not so much Narcoossee's.....more like V&A and Citrico's blow it out of the water (no pun intended)....and Citricos can be had for a little less money as well....

that about covers it.

LibertyTreeGal
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Narcoosees is SUBLIME!

Natazu
01-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Narcoossee's (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
The last of the surf-n-turf venues accepting the dining plan, don’t let that novelty lull you into thinking this place is anything short of spectacular. Offering the best seafood bisque I’ve ever tasted, the seafood-centric menu teems with exciting culinary delights. I can’t get enough of the lightly prepared crab cakes, perfectly grilled scallops, and mouth-watering duck egg rolls. And for the sweet tooth, warm chocolate almond gateau. Don’t be afraid to forego the Surf-n-Turf “special” for one of the other entrée choices. While the signature Whole Maine Lobster is fresh, the lobster for the special is previously frozen and the filet medallions for the special are small. At this restaurant, you have to experience the chef’s creations like Crab-Crusted Flounder, Pan-Seared Mahi with orange-honey gastrique, or whatever fish is lucky enough to be prepared with the tomato confit and sherry vinegar reduction.

Bistro De Paris (Table Service – No DDP) ☺☺☺☺
Rich with the culinary ideals still held true from Calais to Monaco, Bistro’s consistency has become the maxim to which more restaurants should aspire. Perfectly cooked duck with just the right amount of tarragon or fresh scallops, lobster, or snapper. The hardest part is deciding what to order. So, for less than a hundred dollars a person, you can sample a true degustation of excellence. Why the price fixe menu? Simple, chefs love showing off their talents, and one of the ways in which they can best do this is by offering a menu de degustation, literally, a "tasting menu" in which the meal consists of at least 6 different courses. This gives you an opportunity to try a broader range of dishes than would normally be possible. A couple can easily sample 10 different items during one dinner and for a little more money, complete the experience with carefully chosen wine pairings.

Artist Point (Signature Service) ☺☺☺☺
Cedar Plank Salmon is the order of the day here. Actually, it’s the order of the decade. If you can be known for something, AP is known for the salmon, consistently wonderful. Don’t despair if the salmon doesn’t rock your boat, there are three hot and three cold appetizers competing for your early palate and a moderately eclectic list of entrées ready to take your mind off salmon should you choose. Where I get lost at AP is the dessert tray. Nothing wows me on the dessert list. The desserts here seem to be an afterthought. It’s a shame that such great meals have to end with a thrown together cobbler or lackluster panna cotta.