PDA

View Full Version : Italy

dteed
12-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Anyone try the new restraunt in Italy?

smallworldmom
12-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, we did December 14th, it was really good. My Dh had the pork chop and I had the chicken. We tried to pronounce the proper names for the dishes, and our waitress simplified things for us. All of the desserts were great. We had a party of 5 and an infant so we tried them all.

VWL Mom
12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
We tried Tutto Italia for the first time in November and loved it. We had a 330P late lunch and will do it again. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We split the Mozzarella and Calamari appetizers - the Fresh Moz was awesome and the Calamari crisp and still tender. We had the Chicken Milanese, Baked Salmon, Spaghetti w/Clams (would have preferred it over Linguine) and Grilled Pork Chop. Everything was very good. We will definitely go back next trip.

dteed
12-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks, I will have to try it next trip.

DisneyGlutton
12-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Tutto was fabulous! While I was leery to try it since I didn't know what quality of food they had (I mean, I can go to Olive Garden at home!), it was authentic and good and reminded me of my trip to Italy. Its hard to give you dining recommendations, because as someone noted, the menu titles are in Italian though obviously the descriptions are in English. I got an Italian meat sampler for my appetizer and pasta with mini-sausage for my entree; both were great. Dad got the pasta fagioli soup and loved it, though he thought the bowtie pasta with cream and peas was too rich. He also didn't like the decor...I guess murals and chandeliers are too fancy for him, but I loved it.

Polynesian Dweller
12-31-2008, 06:40 PM
When we were at WDW the prices seemed high at least on the posted menu (We didn't eat there). Hoping to just add to the OP's post (not stealing the thread) could people also comment on whether they felt the prices reflected the value of what they got? Thanks

big blue and hairy
01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
When we were at WDW the prices seemed high at least on the posted menu (We didn't eat there). Hoping to just add to the OP's post (not stealing the thread) could people also comment on whether they felt the prices reflected the value of what they got? Thanks
Well, I didn't find them particularly high by World Showcase standards. The food is definitely worth it. Can you find good italian food cheaper? Probably, but the same could be said about just about any restaurant in WDW.

:sulley:

Polynesian Dweller
01-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Well, I didn't find them particularly high by World Showcase standards. The food is definitely worth it.
Thanks Blue. We had other ADRs at the time so didn't go, but are thinking of Italy for the next trip. We had seen prices like $16 for Caesar Salad (about $9 elsewhere) and $24 for lasagna which seemed high even for World Showcase. But if the quality makes it worthwhile we'd consider it.

VWL Mom
01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
As pp said, we found the prices comparable to others at WS and well worth it. If you are not on DDP you may consider the late lunch idea. The entrees were less expensive but you still had dinner size portions. There is another site that has the current (July 08) menus.

nicjohn3
01-01-2009, 08:56 PM
We ate there on 11-28--We were on the dining plan so $ was not an issue, but after eating there I quickly made adr's for our upcoming trip in March. That was one of the best meals I have had in Disney. It seemed pricey--I think we would have spent $130 for 2 adults and 2 children if we did not have dp. We dont usually order alcohol or dessert, but get dessert this time. I do like Olive Garden and Pasta House (midwest restaurant), but this is far better and worth the $.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I had a friend eat there and he said it was very good. The owner of the company I work for also ate there in November and said it was good. And I work for a food service/catering company so that's saying something.