PDA

View Full Version : Only a month late...

jrkcr
12-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, at least I am posting this in the same year as the trip! I have such good intentions for writing trip reports, and then I get busy when we get home...and then I lose my notes, and can't remember what we did on which day...

Who: Me, DH, DD16, DD14, and DD8(birthday girl)
Where: Coronado Springs, our favorite resort!
When: November 16-26

Sunday- We left home early and drove straight to Coronado Springs Resort. Stopping only to get gas, and drink Florida OJ. We checked in mid-afternoon and had two adjoining rooms in the Ranchos section. We have always stayed in the Cabanas section before, and I was hoping to stay in a different area just to see the difference. So now I know-the rooms in the Ranchos are a bit too dark for me. I like sunny rooms. And the exterior looked alot like our grocery store(and most of the houses) here in Reno. The kids and I just stood and laughed at how much our building looked like the Safeway! So hopefully next trip I can get a room in the Casitas.(yes, I am already thinking about the next trip). I just love the look and feel of CSR!
After unpacking and changing clothes, I drove from CSR to the WL for dinner at Whispering Canyon. I had been a little concerned about driving from resort to resort, but it was a quick, no hassle drive. We got to Whispering Canyon about 30 minutes before our reservation time, and we walked through the lobby, and checked out the gift shop. I really thought DH would like this resort, but he didn't seem too impressed. I'll have to ask him about that...
We checked in 15 minutes before our 6:00 reservation time and were given a pager, and waited on the couches in the lobby. It was a long wait!! So finally after 20 minutes past our reservation time, I said to everyone, OK I am waiting 5 more minutes and then we are out of here. I was not happy. But we were paged 2 minutes before I was leaving.
The food was good, we were all hungry and we shared the skillet. And the service was alot of fun. After a day of being in the car, we all needed some relaxed fun time! After the waitress "gave" us our straws and napkins, DD8 leans over and whispers "How rude!". It took her a few minutes to understand this place. She didn't do the pony rides, but she liked watching and I was cheering for the riders-they were so cute! It was almost as exciting as the Kentucky Derby! Noone at our table was brave enough to ask for ketchup, but we laughed at all the other people. And DD8 and DH didn't do the hokey-pokey....but my other DDs and I did!! Woo-Hoo!! I was completely shocked that my teen-aged daughters would get up and do it! And I think I danced just because on the dining plan, we could get unlimited milkshakes....so I had a surge of sugar. We actually drank them for our dinner drink! And we all tried every flavor of milkshake they had, and passed around our mugs to taste test everyone else's flavor.
It was a fun beginning to a fabulous trip!

faline
12-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Despie the long wait, it seems you had a very enjoyable dinner experience!

I'm also a big fan of Coronado Springs but have only stayed in the Casitas section of the resort.

pdrlkr
12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Love the milkshake sharing experience! How fun is that?:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
01-01-2009, 12:13 PM
:thumbsup:I've never been over there, OR to the Wilderness Lodge, OR........lots of places. That sounds like fun - I could take the ribbing, and I don't like ketchup, but would love watching someone else ask for it.:thumbsup: