PDA

View Full Version : Tumble Monkeys

Suz36
12-30-2008, 10:04 PM
A friend of mine was at AK beginning of Dec., saw FotLK and said the Tumble Monkeys were there, but were not performing their usual acrobatic routine - no trampoline or bars. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change?

dteed
12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Not sure but the thread name got me looking.

Pookiesmom
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
We saw FOTLK on December 9th and the Tumble Monkies were doing all their crazy tricks!!

joanna71985
12-30-2008, 11:19 PM
A friend of mine was at AK beginning of Dec., saw FotLK and said the Tumble Monkeys were there, but were not performing their usual acrobatic routine - no trampoline or bars. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change?

It wasn't permanent. There was a problem with the trampoline.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-31-2008, 12:14 AM
The Tumble Monkeys are good and all.....but I prefer the Hyena fire dancer. :heart::cloud9:

That's my favorite part of the whole show. Hey, he's really good looking.

Though the Monkeys aren't too bad either.

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Love the monkeys since my DD is a gymnast. We asked the CM's about the tumble monkey's...what their gymnastic backround is..but no one had a clue.

Jeff
12-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Monkeys were tumbling on Dec. 24th!

Simba's Mom
12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Years ago, before FotLK was enclosed, the tumble monkeys, bird girl on a wire (?), anything above the ground, wouldn't perform if the weather was very cold. I found that out the hard way when I went to a show on a record cold day and asked the CM afterwards where the tumble monkeys were. Apparently it was written into the contract, something to do with safety. I don't know if there are any weather concerns now that it's enclosed.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-31-2008, 02:01 PM
There are a lot of safety issues in FOTLK. Which is why it is relatively expensive to perform. Tumble, Bird Song, Hyena all get Hazard pay (premium paid to them because of the risks involved in their performance). Plus they are all equity including the singers (not the stilts or other animals, puppeteers, and Timon).

Their contracts are really strict. If you saw Celebrate the Season this year, before the show starts two ladies (dressed in white as dancers) would walk the stage. These were equity dance captains who were checking to see if the stage was safe to dance on because of the weather.

joanna71985
12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
If you saw Celebrate the Season this year, before the show starts two ladies (dressed in white as dancers) would walk the stage. These were equity dance captains who were checking to see if the stage was safe to dance on because of the weather.

I remember that! Dancers from Cinderellabration would do that too (and I would guess the same for Dream Along with Mickey).

pianobabe
12-31-2008, 05:46 PM
.... Plus they are all equity including the singers (not the stilts or other animals, puppeteers, and Timon).

Their contracts are really strict. If you saw Celebrate the Season this year, before the show starts two ladies (dressed in white as dancers) would walk the stage. These were equity dance captains who were checking to see if the stage was safe to dance on because of the weather.

What exactly does "equity" mean when talking about performers?

joanna71985
12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
What exactly does "equity" mean when talking about performers?

Equity is a union group. Performers that are Equity are any performers who speak live (the 4 leaders from FotLK, the whole cast of Finding Nemo, Belle and Gaston from BatB, ect), major dancers (the dancers from Batb, the dancers from Dream Along, ect), any stunt performers (the people from Indiana Jones, the fire guy from FotLK, the 2 "birds" from FotLK, ect) and so on.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-01-2009, 03:14 AM
MK and DHS Streetmosphere, AC/CW, Holidays Around the World Storytellers, Voices of Liberty, Piano Players at Pub, Devine, Storytime with Belle, Captain Jack Pirate Tutorial, and FGM in CRT Dinner are also included in that union.

pianobabe
01-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks. I thought it was probably something like that, but I wasn't sure.