PDA

View Full Version : Help! Should I fit it in or wait?

edwards2301
12-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I was planning to skip our annual trip to WDW this year. We just moved to a newer house in June and then had our second child in August. We have spent a lot of money on fixer uppers and the what not in our new house and I thought "Oh, what the heck we won't go this year". BUT we have a 4 year old and she has been four times. She was born July 04 and went 05-08. So she has been 4 times. Well, she is the reason I am thinking of trying to fit in a trip this year. She PLAYS WDW. She gets her suitcase that Santa brought her and packs her clothes and pretends to go to the airport. We are constantly talking about it. I would love to take advantage of the stay 7 pay for 4. But we are busy in June with Baseball (husband is high school coach) and 4-H (my sister's kids are in it and we attend all the shows). What should I do? I have about $400 saved up so far but I am a teacher and my husband an Assistant Principal so we can't make anymore that what we are now. I am hoping they extend the offer then we can go. Any ideas?? Please!!! need help!!!:mickey:

gueli
12-31-2008, 03:54 AM
While it would be nice, If you save well than next year or when you have plenty- you will be able to enjoy it more. It will be easier on the baby and on you. Relax a house is a lot & a new child is even more.
Good luck either way
:mickey:

stitchaholic
12-31-2008, 05:39 AM
they usually come out with promotions by the end of november,that has been my experience for the last 2 years,so i am sure a good deal will pop up next year. have you received a yellow disney coupon in the mail for 40% off?
this is a second promo they are offering for later dates.

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Sounds like its pushing things to make the trip happen this year. Offers come and go all of the time! Trust your first thought which wasn't to go and have fun planning for the next time.

buzznwoodysmom
12-31-2008, 10:27 AM
$400.00 is a long way from having enough money to pay for a WDW trip. I'd say give yourself a year to save and plan and get used to having a new baby and next year you'll be able to enjoy the trip so much more. The worst thing I can imagine is going on a WDW trip that we really can't afford and then the huge let down of coming home and regretting spending the money. Just that thought alone would prevent me from even considering it. Plus the longer you have to save up the better trip you can take, as in, better resort, more days on tickets, more dining. Remember WDW isn't going anywhere, it'll still be there next year!

thumperbug
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I would hold off. I agree, taking a trip you really don't have the money for is going to dampen your spirits when you are on the trip and worrying about everything you spend.

What you can do is for birthdays and holidays instead of gifts, ask for Disney gift cards. Then you have money to spend on the trip or at WDW.