PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's Seafood Bisque ?

DisneyBabies
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
We have a ressie for Narcoossee's and I was looking at the menu to see what we may have avaliable when we go. I have seen reviews about the seafood bisque and how good it is, but I have never eaten any sort of seafood bisque before. So my questions are these: does anyone know what the receipe is? and how would you decribe the taste?

Thanks for your help.

SBETigg
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
I haven't had the Narcoossee's version. It's usually a rich, creamy broth that takes on the intense flavor of the seafood and sherry. Sometimes there's a hint of tomato flavor and it may even remind you of a creamy tomato soup but much richer in flavor. There's usually not actual tomato added, but sometimes there is. Again, not sure of the Narcoossee's version, and I would guess they might do a slightly non-traditional presentation. I hope someone comes along to clarify for you.

fatboy
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
It is very good. I had it last time I was there. I had the bisque along with broiled golden tile fish. I was happy with everything except the appetizer of shrimp wich lacked flavor. Overall an 8 out of ten experience!:thumbsup:

pianobabe
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
I am not a gourmet eater by any stretch of the imagination. I have gotten the Seafood Bisque each time we have been to Narcoossee's. It does seem to have a creamy tomato soup, but it has a kick to it. Not bad too much of a kick (I'm not big on spicy foods), but enough spice to let you know it wasn't plain old soup.

DisneyGlutton
12-31-2008, 02:12 AM
I haven't had the Narcoossee's version. It's usually a rich, creamy broth that takes on the intense flavor of the seafood and sherry. Sometimes there's a hint of tomato flavor and it may even remind you of a creamy tomato soup but much richer in flavor. There's usually not actual tomato added, but sometimes there is. Again, not sure of the Narcoossee's version, and I would guess they might do a slightly non-traditional presentation. I hope someone comes along to clarify for you.

I just slurped some up two weeks ago and that sounds about right. The broth was almost orange, so I assume that means it was tomato based; it was reminiscent of Manhattan Clam Chowder, but you know, good. I'm not a huge seafood fan and loved the soup...so I guess that means it was really quality seafood? I would suggest you get it. The mussels are also fabulous if you don't want to risk the bisque.

SBETigg
12-31-2008, 07:54 AM
The broth was almost orange, so I assume that means it was tomato based; it was reminiscent of Manhattan Clam Chowder, but you know, good.

The crab shells could also account for the orange color. With crab or lobster bisque, the meat and shells are simmered long and slow to impart their flavor and color to the broth. Thanks for the report. Narcoossee's version sounds delicious.

DisneyBabies
12-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks so much for the input everyone. I'm glad I asked, because I was thinking it would be white in color and the orange color would have thrown me off a bit. I think I will try it.

DH wanted me to ask about the crab cakes. Are they good and how would you describe the taste?

SBETigg
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks so much for the input everyone. I'm glad I asked, because I was thinking it would be white in color and the orange color would have thrown me off a bit. I think I will try it.

DH wanted me to ask about the crab cakes. Are they good and how would you describe the taste?

The crab cakes are excellent at Narcoossee's. They aren't very breaded or cakey, they are more mounds of crab with light, complimentary seasonings. Crab, if he hasn't had it, is similar to lobster or shrimp, but perhaps a little sweeter than lobster and more tender than shrimp.