PDA

View Full Version : Menu at San Angel - changed?

scooterca42
12-30-2008, 12:11 PM
A friend just came back and said that the luncheon menu at San Angel was quite short - the assorted platter she was looking forward to was not there and the portions were smaller.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

Is it perhaps a seasonal thing? She has been many times before but never at Christmas, did that have something to do with it?

Figment78
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I cannot speak to specifics about that particular menu item - but I did notice that it was a new menu when we were there at the end of September. My favorite app was not on it, and I was fairly disappointed with the new menu. Which is sad because I used to love this place.

JerseyDad
12-30-2008, 12:31 PM
...yes the menu at San Angel has been "altered".

We were at WDW the first week of November and had dinner (as always) at San Angel Inn. There were a few changes to the menu, including a duck dish (Pato a la Zarzamora) ...as well as a lamb one ( Filete de Cordero). The manner in which the food is served (plated / presented) is more "up-scale" for lack of a better term. The serving dishes are different...more stylish....less rustic as before. And...unfortunately....I noticed that the prices were increased by about +20% over what I had seen in Nov. of 2007.

...the menu change must have taken place in late September since someone that I know had been to San Angel in late August / early September...and the menu was not yet changed.

...the food however...the Filete Motuleno...that I always order.... was very good....even if it was $5 more than in 2007.

(a top-shelf margarita..or two...will help soothe the pain of the increased prices)