PDA

View Full Version : DDP CS vs Basic DDP plan

Crow
12-29-2008, 11:14 PM
IF i use a plan in April for my nephews first trip.
it looks like the CS plan is better than the basic DDP...if you figure its $29.99 includes the refillable mug, 2 CS and 2 snacks I think it might be better than the basic DDP or just skip the plan.
I do like some sitdowns so will still do them

Seasonscraps
12-29-2008, 11:54 PM
I don't see the savings in the CS plan at all. I figure lunch or dinner (entree, beverage & dessert) average $10-12 each, the snacks can't be more then $4 - all you are saving is maybe the cost of the mug over the course of your trip. I'd prefer to pay out of pocket then pay Disney in advance to just about break even.

I don't know the daily rate of the DDP for 2009 but I think there's more room for savings. There's a dining plan savings estimator in the Info Central section of intercot that is useful for determining the best way to go.

stitchaholic
12-30-2008, 07:29 AM
f you are still planning on doing some TS,for $10 more you can get the regular plan and the bots will get more food than what you would get for a CS,the first sit down meal will pay for the extra $10,

SBETigg
12-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I love that you can pay in advance. It makes my trip so much more relaxing. For that reason, I would be glad to pay for a plan even if I just broke even. I prefer a plan that includes table service choices. If you're not a fan of planning in advance and like quick service options, I think the new quick service plan is a good choice. But if you're planning on doing some table service anyway, you might be better off with the regular basic plan. Better to pay oop for an extra qs meal or snacks than for a ts meal in most cases.