PDA

View Full Version : Tom and Marilyn's Dec. trip day 3

Marilyn Michetti
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
We are: Marilyn, and DH Thomas, Sr. citizens with young hearts.

Day 3 was our most active day because we don't want to miss anything at SK. We were there right after opening, and after our mandatory pit stop, (we scope out bathrooms like pro's), we went directly to the Safari. This was a beautiful day - sunny and warm. The animals were out and roaming, but I didn't get to see the new baby giraffe, so will have to come back for that. After that, we went over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Lots of people skip this, but it's my "must do". We had just missed one of the daily exams of a resident monkey that needed an endoscopy, and would have to wait too long to see anything of interest in the clinic, but we stayed around and talked to the most amazing CM. She was in her 70's, and loves her job. She told us stories of how things can go wrong, like a recent exam on an unconscious gorilla. All of a sudden, the techs heard a low groan, and saw the animals massive hand start to move. The Dr.'s vacated the room and got a dart to re-sedate their patient. I'd love to see some of the things this lady gets to witness.

DH walked all the trails while I waited, (inside a marketplace, shopping), then we went on to Asia for Flights of Woonder, and Kali RR. I got "tanked" even with the poncho, and wet stays wet a LONG time when you're sitting.

Another must, of course was Festival of the Lion King. I don't know how many times we've seen this show, but the finale always makes me cry when I see those little kids marching around with t he cast. Their faces just glow with happiness. On the way out, my DH was picking up pieces of the yellow and orange frings that always fall off some of the costumes. He picked up enough that I was able to braid it into a circle, and put it on my tree at home.

We followed the parade out because we had an early dinner ADR at Boma's. Now, I LOVE the place, but there's only one way home for us, and that's on whichever bus comes first that looks like it won't be too crowded. There was a LONG line for MK because of MVMCP, so we boarded a Studio bus, and switched to one for the Poly, and trecked up the hill to our bed. As good as dinner was, we either skip it from now on, or get a taxi, and disassemble the ECV. (I think we'll skip it). My poor DH is starting to have some "old age" symptoms after walking all day. In the morning when he gets up, I'll hear "AARGH", and realize he's not the kid he likes to think he is.
:D

VWL Mom
12-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Great reports! Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves. Sorry you missed the baby giraffe.

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Senior citizens?? You guys are doing just fine, and are covering LOTS of ground!!! I'm enjoying your report.

faline
12-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Very fun Animal Kingdom day! How cute - you were able to make an ornament out of the falling fringe at the show!

pdrlkr
12-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-30-2008, 11:35 AM
It sounds like you guys have already met several really neat CMs during your stay.

What a wonderful idea to make an ornament out of the fallen fringe. We have many Disney ornaments but certainly nothing original like that!

Another wonderful day! :mickey:

princessgirls
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
I love AK too! Glad you had a fantastic day!

Julie:mickey:

kakn7294
12-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I love your special souvenir! I had never thought of that. I'm might have to steal your idea!

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Marilyn, as an FYI, at the valet parking desk, you can request a taxi that can handle the ECV (they're more like a van), or so I was told at the Boardwalk during one of our stays there.

Sounds like a great day!

DizNee143
01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
sounds like a great day at AK!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a great day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
LOL, we did Kali for the first time and my mom and I were the unfortunate two who got completely soaked....

DisneyorBust
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Another great day! Thanks for the report!

Kisobel
01-10-2009, 11:24 PM
you remind me that talking to cm is part of the magic at disney. i'm ashamed to say sometimes we just blow by to get to the rides and shows.

kate