PDA

View Full Version : crowds end of feb-1st week march

shan1021
12-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Hii i've been to Disney World around 13-14 times, and I'm 19 but of all those times, i don't think i have ever been at this time. We are going then because i will be almost 7 months pregnant, and my mom didn't wanna go any later than that. We will be going feb 27th to march 7th, and i was wondering if anyone has been there around that time--and how it was. thanks!:mickey:

mickey&missy
12-29-2008, 01:55 PM
We went pretty much those same dates in 05 and it was great! It was after the presidents day week crowds and very light! The weather, as Florida will be, changed daily. We had a little bit of everything!

shan1021
12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks so much<3

Giggy
12-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Yay, another 19 year old disney fan! :mickey:

According to my somewhat out of date guidebook (a Brit's Guid to Orland & walt Disney World - 2004) it seems a pretty good time to go. I've never done feb/mar before, we've done April, May and October/November.

The crowd for the last week of February and 1st week of March are down as mid-low. Though they are slightly higher the week before and after this. However it seems a good time to go on the crowd front as you avoid President's day before you go and Easter after you go. The rainfall is considerably lower than the average in summer at about 3 inches per mon th. Temperatures are usually from low to mid 70s. So warm without being too overbearing.

From that it looks like it has worked out pretty well, the book is admittedly 4 years old but I wouldn't expect weather or people's vacation paterns to change too much in that time.

Enjoy your trip to WDW.:mickey:

dteed
12-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Last week of Feb will be the Mardi Gras holiday for the New Orleans area. I have found that it is not overly busy during Mardi Gras unless it coincides with Pres Week. I will be there as well as many others from south LA. Weather could be jackets and jeans to sweating in shorts. Have a good time, I know I will.

shan1021
12-29-2008, 04:28 PM
thank you both very much. everything that was said was very helpful<3. :mickey: