PDA

View Full Version : What time do the parking lots open?

whymsycalwitch
12-29-2008, 11:44 AM
What time do the parking lots open? I know this is an odd question but I have always taken Disney Transportation to the parks. This time due to DH's motion sickness issues, he would rather drive us over to the parks (his first visit).

Thanks for your help.

kakn7294
12-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I think it's about 1 hr before park opening for the general public unless you have a dining reservation for earlier than that. I believe that the parking lots are actually always open to allow CMs to come and go since some of them work through the night.

TheRustyScupper
12-29-2008, 01:00 PM
CM's are at the booths at 7:00am.

whymsycalwitch
12-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks! We do have early moring dining in Epcot so that is in part why I was asking.

KylesMom
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
We encountered issues at the AK in July with CMs being at the gate for a.m. EMH. The booths were not opened until 7:35 am. This happened to us both times we were there at 7:20 to get in line for a.m. EMH.

We had read on Intercot how this was happening, so we weren't surprised. However, had I not known about it, I would have been upset to be parked at the gates & not be able to get in! Any recent experiences with this?

DANAM
01-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Same thing happened to us at Animal KIngdom. We had breakfast reservations for 8am so we were at the gate for 7:20ish thinking that would give us enough time to get in and get to our reservation. They didn't open the gate until 7:45!!! We where about 10 min late but so was everyone else. I would have liked those extra 20 or so min. of sleep.
It seams like all the other parks open at least 30 min prior to anything openning.