PDA

View Full Version : I think we are firming up our dates....

1goofyfamily
12-29-2008, 12:10 AM
our normal every 2 years got bumped back due to finally adding a daughter to our family (already have 3 boys). So instead of going this year we are headed there the 2nd week of Dec 09. It is looking like this is working better because my mom dad & little sis (17 & is 17 years younger than me) other sister & her family (DH, DS & DD) & possibly her BIL & his family will all be joining. They all haven't been since 01 & some never so should be fun. But I think my family is most looking forward to having my wife's mom & dad go with us. They have been on nearly every trip in the past but this past year my FIL was diagnosed with a rare form of rhumitoid arthritis and hasn't been able to work and won't be returning to work either. So he was hoping to somehow pull it off to where they'd be able to go but knowing really no chance. We weren't sure either considering I was laid off a few months ago but there was a silver lining....got a sweet severance (better of after 10 1/2 years) and a stable job right away. So with everything we were able to pay off I figured we'd spring for them since it wouldn't be much more than if we got 2 rooms at all stars and kicked one of the kids over with them versus just one room for our family at a deluxe. We know it'll give him something to look forward to and continue his rehab/working out. So wish us luck....now we're trying to decide how to tell them. Thought of giving them short notice but then my MIL probably would of used all her vacation time plus they love planning almost as much as we do.:mickey:

vorpalswrd
12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Any reason for 2nd week of december? I am still torn between the 1st and 2nd week.

1goofyfamily
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
i guess technically it's the 1st full week of Dec 5th-13th mainly wanted to avoid the weekend after thanksgiving knowing it's busier plus normally the 1st week of Dec is the pop warner championships.

faline
12-29-2008, 11:06 AM
In 2008, PopWarner was the 6th - 13th so I wouldn't count on missing this event with the dates you've listed.

Beast_fanatic
12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Pop Warner likely will begin on December 5th as it usually begins the first Saturday of December.

As far as how/when to tell them, could you do something on their anniversary?